The Nameless Game (NDS Inject) goes into a black screen and doesn't load when injected via NDSForwarder.

LordTwibill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm using a translation patch of Nanashi no Game and Nanashi no Game Me (respectively The Nameless Game and The Nameless Game: Eye), and while the latter game works just fine, whenever I try to boot up the former game via my NDSForwarder with my patched ROM it seems to briefly get past the company logos with Square-Enix, epics and so on before the screen stays black and straight up just doesn't do anything and I'd have to close out of it by pressing the Home button. Which is weird, because I tried running it on my emulator and it worked like a charm, so I'm wondering if it isn't a "me" thing with the fact that I have a 2011 model red Old3DS running it... which would be weird, given the game can run virtually all other emulation sources including stronger DS games of a higher KB count (like Spirit Tracks, for instance) just fine. I wonder if it isn't a 'me' problem or if it's something else.

If it's any help, The Nameless Game after I've patched it is 67,113 KB (68,743,360 bytes), and The Nameless Game: Eye is 61,973 KB (63,459,956 bytes). It struck me as weird because all the other DS ROMs I have have a rounded number when I followed the patching instructions to the letter, so I really don't know what happened.

*snip*

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I'm using a translation patch of Nanashi no Game and Nanashi no Game Me (respectively The Nameless Game and The Nameless Game: Eye), and while the latter game works just fine, whenever I try to boot up the former game via my NDSForwarder with my patched ROM it seems to briefly get past the company logos with Square-Enix, epics and so on before the screen stays black and straight up just doesn't do anything and I'd have to close out of it by pressing the Home button. Which is weird, because I tried running it on my emulator and it worked like a charm, so I'm wondering if it isn't a "me" thing with the fact that I have a 2011 model red Old3DS running it... which would be weird, given the game can run virtually all other emulation sources including stronger DS games of a higher KB count (like Spirit Tracks, for instance) just fine. I wonder if it isn't a 'me' problem or if it's something else.

If it's any help, The Nameless Game after I've patched it is 67,113 KB (68,743,360 bytes), and The Nameless Game: Eye is 61,973 KB (63,459,956 bytes). It struck me as weird because all the other DS ROMs I have have a rounded number when I followed the patching instructions to the letter, so I really don't know what happened.

*snip*
Anti-piracy? TWLmenu++ apparently includes AP patches, but presumably they wouldn't work on already patched games since the hash wouldn't match.

LordTwibill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anti-piracy? TWLmenu++ apparently includes AP patches, but presumably they wouldn't work on already patched games since the hash wouldn't match.
That seems weird to me that such a problem would even occur, because I run Spirit Tracks and every other game I own on that list perfectly fine... including The Nameless Game: Eye, which loaded correctly despite being on the list given (see attachments).

I'm going to try it with a JP version to make sure it isn't that, given literally every other title I've downloaded onto my 3DS hasn't run into any anti-piracy issues. Give me a second to check.

Does the game run ok using twilight menu instead of a forwarder?
Twilight Menu is an app is for emulating the DS menu, and I'd rather not do that, but I'll try it and see what becomes of it. Hold on.
Post automatically merged:

Alright, tried the JP ROM, and then Twilight Menu. JP ROM didn't work, Twilight Menu did. I would rather not use the Twilight Menu due to me not wanting the app to represent my playtime with NDS games in my Activity Log. Any way I can get it to work with NDS Forwarders? Is there an AP patch somewhere? The document I have says there is.

Speaking of which, though; Etrian Odyssey III and The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks are listed as two of the games I have that have anti-piracy measures. What kinds of anti-piracy measures do they have? And what would applying an anti-AP patch help make it Forwardable?

Attachments

• AP-patched games.txt
    33.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by LordTwibill,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, tried the JP ROM, and then Twilight Menu. JP ROM didn't work, Twilight Menu did. I would rather not use the Twilight Menu due to me not wanting the app to represent my playtime with NDS games in my Activity Log. Any way I can get it to work with NDS Forwarders? Is there an AP patch somewhere? The document I have says there is.
If you recently installed TWiLight Menu++, then the forwarders will prioritize using the AP-fixes from TWiLight Menu++ instead of from the "sd:/_nds/ntr-forwarder/" path.
It sounds like the reason why the forwarder didn't work properly before, is because you either didn't add the AP-fix pack from TWLMenu++, or the pack you already have in the ntr-forwarder path is out of date.

LordTwibill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you recently installed TWiLight Menu++, then the forwarders will prioritize using the AP-fixes from TWiLight Menu++ instead of from the "sd:/_nds/ntr-forwarder/" path.
It sounds like the reason why the forwarder didn't work properly before, is because you either didn't add the AP-fix pack from TWLMenu++, or the pack you already have in the ntr-forwarder path is out of date.
1707353693721.png

So if I copypaste the updated _nds file, it'll work without needing to have the TWiLight Menu++ installed, right? Or is it better to have it installed anyways?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

LordTwibill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I installed the Twi
The "_nds" folder contains files which make up TWLMenu++, which you probably aren't looking for.
I don't know if the 3DS forwarder steps add the pack, but see this part to add the pack file: https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/ds-ind...2-getting-the-ap-fix-files-from-twilight-menu
Got it, will try and report anything... which'll have to be in a bit. SD card for 3DS corrupted yet again and I need to upload from a backup. Joy. :wacko:

I at least have the foresight to regularly make backups, but yeah, putting my SD card into my 3DS is always frisky as it could end up corrupted for seemingly no reason other than terrible luck.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I installed the Twi

Got it, will try and report anything... which'll have to be in a bit. SD card for 3DS corrupted yet again and I need to upload from a backup. Joy. :wacko:

I at least have the foresight to regularly make backups, but yeah, putting my SD card into my 3DS is always frisky as it could end up corrupted for seemingly no reason other than terrible luck.
At this point, it'd be best to just buy a new SD card, because it sounds like the one that's currently being used is dying.

LordTwibill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point, it'd be best to just buy a new SD card, because it sounds like the one that's currently being used is dying.
Nah, it's not the card, it's the SD Drive I link it to in order to have it be read. The cable it operates on is very funky, so yeah, that itself is a nightmare to get right.

Either way, I did the set-up, and it worked! So thank you!

Reactions: RocketRobz

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nah, it's not the card, it's the SD Drive I link it to in order to have it be read. The cable it operates on is very funky, so yeah, that itself is a nightmare to get right.

Either way, I did the set-up, and it worked! So thank you!
its still something you need to get changed if you dont want to happen all the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?