Hacking Slim on 3.41, does it need 3.55 for rebug/retroarch/movian?

_justin_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys,

sorry for the total noob question

my ps3 slim is on OFW 3.41 and all i want to do is use retroarch and possibly movian
- i don't use PSN so am not concerned about online access

questions:
1. do i need to upgrade to 3.55 OFW?
-- there seems to be contention over this
--- says no: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-the-latest-rebug-cfw.347855/page-3#post-4771348
--- says yes: https://gbatemp.net/threads/answers-to-the-most-asked-questions-on-ps3-jail-breaking.369241/#Z3

2. is rebug the best option for cfw in this case?

thanks so much for the great site and any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

cheers

justin

Last edited by _justin_,

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install a CFW for 3.55 then you can install Debug Menu's then switch to Rebug. Search what I mean up. I can't tell you it all here.

_justin_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks Zero72463 !! , so i can install a 3.55 CFW straight over OFW 3.41

really appreciate the help

_justin_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks Zero72463 !

if anyone else has any suggestions or comments please feel free to add to the discussion

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, you know he could install rebug 4.80 right of his 3.41 console?

lol he needs to get QA Flag (Debug menu). Without that he would be very limited to the features on his 4.80 console. What @VashTS is saying is the safer method. If you wanna be an idiot and risk not having Debug go ahead. It's better to be on 3.55 OFW before going anywhere else. So that all the hard work can be done earlier and then you can enjoy your latest/spoofed cfw later!:)

Last edited by Zero72463,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
id go to 3.55 OFW, then rebug 3.55, enable the QA flag using rebugs tool, then latest rebug.
This is the method I did for my PS3, and is probably the safest. Thankfully the PS3 installs FWs pretty quickly, so the extra 30 minutes or so for safety is totally worth it. Also, you can install any version CFW over another CFW, whether the FW version is higher or lower, so if you find you don't like Rebug for some reason, you can always install Rogero, Habib, etc. over top of it without concern. Some would suggest setting QA flag before installing any new CFW, but I don't really feel this is necessary, especially if you are making NAND/NOR backups like you should be.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the method I did for my PS3, and is probably the safest. Thankfully the PS3 installs FWs pretty quickly, so the extra 30 minutes or so for safety is totally worth it. Also, you can install any version CFW over another CFW, whether the FW version is higher or lower, so if you find you don't like Rebug for some reason, you can always install Rogero, Habib, etc. over top of it without concern. Some would suggest setting QA flag before installing any new CFW, but I don't really feel this is necessary, especially if you are making NAND/NOR backups like you should be.

I ninja'd you ho (jk).
Yeah the longest way is always the safest way.

_justin_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks all - i install latest rebug 4.81 straight over OWF 3.41 and it worked prefectly - have now enabled the qa flag
- didnt upgrade to OFW 3.55

thanks for everyone advise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: