Gamemaster1379

OP
Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, quick question. Just got a 3.55 OFW PS3 Slim and I see that Rebug seems to be the go to firmware for all things CFW. So a few quick questions.

1) Is it possible to do dual NAND/EmuNAND? I see there's some ban concerns and would like to separate the two out so online isn't compromised (if possible). If there's no such luck, I'm cool with staying offline.

2) Do I use Rex or Lite? I can't find any reasonable explanations online that seem to explains the pros and cons of each or what they do.

3) Since I'm on 3.55 OFW, so I just transfer the PUP and install from USB? Seems simple enough but I don't really see a lot of explanations on this.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, quick question. Just got a 3.55 OFW PS3 Slim and I see that Rebug seems to be the go to firmware for all things CFW. So a few quick questions.

1) Is it possible to do dual NAND/EmuNAND? I see there's some ban concerns and would like to separate the two out so online isn't compromised (if possible). If there's no such luck, I'm cool with staying offline.

2) Do I use Rex or Lite? I can't find any reasonable explanations online that seem to explains the pros and cons of each or what they do.

3) Since I'm on 3.55 OFW, so I just transfer the PUP and install from USB? Seems simple enough but I don't really see a lot of explanations on this.

1) I don't think so, thought there are tools that try to hide things from sony. I don't know how effective they are.

2) I tend to use Rex if it's available and Lite if not, unless you need functionality from Rex then use either. Mostly Rex has some features useful for developers

3) Yeah, I can't remember if you can do it from the XMB or if you need to boot to recovery mode. It's been a while since I installed anything on 3.55

Reactions: Gamemaster1379

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr