Status
Not open for further replies.

sparktenks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kk guys i got the WAD pack
where did you get that? I mean... im not asking for the download link (or site). I just want to know if you downloaded that wad pack because it says: "THE WAD PACK TO AVOID THE AP OF SKYWARD SWORD"

I just use pimpmywii and usbloader gx or neogamma. both work fine and new kirby and ss demo work fine.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if i already have
cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6.wad
cIOS250[57]-d2x-v6.wad

do i just install

IOS245[37]-v7a5fixed.wad
IOS246[38]-v7a5fixed.wad
IOS247[53]-v7a5fixed.wad
IOS248[55]-v7a5fixed.wad
IOS249[56]-v7a5fixed.wad
IOS250[57]-v7a5fixed.wad
IOS251[58]-v7a5fixed.wad

over the top?

Well - I just tried kirby with my USBLoaderGX install, played through the first level, and it seemed to work fine. So I'm assuming SS will work fine too if it's truly the same AP. (I have d2xv6, same base IOS's in same slots as you). Also works fine in SNEEK+DI/UNEEK+DI - i'm probably going to go with that since I don't want to run into any potentially obscure AP issues.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
where did you get that? I mean... im not asking for the download link (or site). I just want to know if you downloaded that wad pack because it says: "THE WAD PACK TO AVOID THE AP OF SKYWARD SWORD"
well i just modded my Wii and havnt got any games yet
i wondered if i need them as i havnt installed many WAD's

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
why nintendo isn't blocking modchips and only Softmods?

are they stupid? To use also the same Softmod AP as for Kirby, which was defeated just some hours after release isn't intelligent either.
well, gotta go to get cave story 3ds now, for the 3ds they made a very good job, still not defeated.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

are they stupid? To use also the same Softmod AP as for Kirby, which was defeated just some hours after release isn't intelligent either.
well, gotta go to get cave story 3ds now, for the 3ds they made a very good job, still not defeated.
blocking chips would mean re-releasing new consoles with the new hardware fix which costs a lot more.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SS was probably finalized and being manufactured well before Kirby released.

And a hardmod is much tougher to block than a softmod, since a good one would make a burned disc look just like the real thing. Only way to defeat it would be to use NSMBW's AP (the burst cut area thing) and that wasn't too difficult to patch out. + since Nintendo did defeat hardmods with the latest DVD ROMs, they probably see no point in spending more R&D in that area.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

if i already have
cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6.wad
cIOS250[57]-d2x-v6.wad

do i just install

IOS245[37]-v7a5fixed.wad
IOS246[38]-v7a5fixed.wad
IOS247[53]-v7a5fixed.wad
IOS248[55]-v7a5fixed.wad
IOS249[56]-v7a5fixed.wad
IOS250[57]-v7a5fixed.wad
IOS251[58]-v7a5fixed.wad

over the top?

Well - I just tried kirby with my USBLoaderGX install, played through the first level, and it seemed to work fine. So I'm assuming SS will work fine too if it's truly the same AP. (I have d2xv6, same base IOS's in same slots as you). Also works fine in SNEEK+DI/UNEEK+DI - i'm probably going to go with that since I don't want to run into any potentially obscure AP issues.

oh okies
well i only modded my Wii other day
is there any WADS i need to install ?

i got CFG USB
and used modmii which gave me the wads i needed
do i need more?

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

SS was probably finalized and being manufactured well before Kirby released.

And a hardmod is much tougher to block than a softmod. Only way to do it would be to use NSMBW's AP (the burst cut area thing) and that wasn't too difficult to patch out. + since Nintendo did defeat hardmods with the latest DVD ROMs, they probably see no point in spending more R&D in that area.

thanks for your answer,
you're right, hardmods are tougher to block and this BCA AP of New Super Mario Brothers wasn't a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1