Gaming Skyward Sword Demo has leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive played through the temple 3 times now, im gonna stop playing unless the hackers find a way to increase the duration so i can muck around more without worrying. its awesome though. the bird flying was okay once i got the hang of it but i really wish that part of it would've just been controlled with button. havent tried Ghirahim yet i want to leave that for the full game. im so happy this released though, makes the wait for the full game that much easier.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure this demo does 720p properly. Also, I'm sad to report that by usb gecko appears to be good and truly dead. I ordered a new one (ouch, $50 really?), but it probably wont come for another couple weeks. Hopefully another Zelda fan with a USB gecko and the know how to figure this out comes along.

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure this demo does 720p properly. Also, I'm sad to report that by usb gecko appears to be good and truly dead. I ordered a new one (ouch, $50 really?), but it probably wont come for another couple weeks. Hopefully another Zelda fan with a USB gecko and the know how to figure this out comes along.
The Wii doesn't even display in 720P

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if it was just playing on dolphin, but the game required quite a bit of recalibrating... but then again I remember during the e3 previews that that was a common complaint and that it was fixed for the final game.

The game emulates great on dolphin, may not even bother trying it on my wii (already preordered the game, will be dumping and playing my copy regardless)

Giggtysword344

I want some Scum Nyums
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm.. What do you guys think about the demo?
I'm actually a little disappointed in the graphics, doesn't look as good as the trailers, but thats probably because of the big TV screen.

And the controls worked fine for the bird-riding i guess, but fighting Ghirahim with the sword was a little annoying. Ended up waving my arm like crazy, instead of controlled and planned movements :P

And do you always have to open the item menu to use a different item than the sword? Even if you already have it equipped?

I don't know guys :P hope I get to understand and like the controls more :)
controls were definetly way more differnt than i though but it does seem more fun to me when i wave my arm around like crazy link waves his sword around like crazy. honestly i do agree the controls will take a bit more time to master but all in all it is great and cannot wait for the release..or leak but considering i have the demo i dont need the full leak it will hold me over till the release

DrFalken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello all, i'm new here, but somewhere in this topic it was stated that this is a 2010 e3 demo, i think this is not correct because inside the wii iso are two (dummy) files stating 22 sep 2011. (COPYDATE_CODE_2011_09_22 and COPYDATE_LAST_2011_09_22)

I was wondering, can there be any sort of AP in this demo ISO? Like, if you have ever played this DEMO on a wii than you can not play the Official release anymore? Could think of the game modifying some system files without notice..There is also an update in this game, anyone tried that?

(sorry for my bad english, i'm from NL)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is some stuff on there, just a matter of how to get to it. looks interesting wish i had more time to play around...

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, i'm new here, but somewhere in this topic it was stated that this is a 2010 e3 demo, i think this is not correct because inside the wii iso are two (dummy) files stating 22 sep 2011. (COPYDATE_CODE_2011_09_22 and COPYDATE_LAST_2011_09_22)

I was wondering, can there be any sort of AP in this demo ISO? Like, if you have ever played this DEMO on a wii than you can not play the Official release anymore? Could think of the game modifying some system files without notice..There is also an update in this game, anyone tried that?

Yea it's the 2011 demo, though the compile date can be much older. Interesting that the dates are from September though - that's well past E3

As for weird AP - I really doubt there's anything like that. If there is... well I do have a NAND backup for such occasions :P

there is some stuff on there, just a matter of how to get to it. looks interesting wish i had more time to play around...

That "Centerfield.arc" file is interesting... As far as I knew, there's no Hyrule field in this game. I guess they may've been planning it at some point?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is no anti-piracy code, this was an e3 demo and should have never left anyone important's hands the entire show and should have been destroyed afterwards.

The fact that it's a PAL disc tells us though that this could NOT have actually been from E3... and the last modified dates seem to support this. This was obviously taken from some sort of European event (Late september to mid-octoberish range). Anyone know of any events in that time period?

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah, I dont think so... dont be paranoic

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably from that Nottingham event thing. There were a lot of copies of the demo there, and from the pictures and videos I have seen it appeared less well regulated than E3.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is no anti-piracy code, this was an e3 demo and should have never left anyone important's hands the entire show and should have been destroyed afterwards.

The fact that it's a PAL disc tells us though that this could NOT have actually been from E3... and the last modified dates seem to support this. This was obviously taken from some sort of European event (Late september to mid-octoberish range). Anyone know of any events in that time period?

My guess is that Nintendo is starting to make discs meant for store demo stations, and this one got into the "wrong" hands. If I recall correctly, there's a similar demo of TP that was leaked not too long ago, and it has a file copy date a little bit *after* the retail version.

It wouldn't surprise me if the version used at E3 and other high-profile events was running on RVT-R units (would be more difficult to dump and would have to be decrypted and then fakesigned to work on a retail wii)

DrFalken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nah, I dont think so... dont be paranoic

I'm not really paranoic, i have more wii's, but if nintendo would do some new experimental AP on the official release, they would take a risc, legitim customers could be damaged, but the demo is only in release in a (ahum) not so official way so there would be no risc and really kicking out pirates.

I'm gonna test it on a wii , taking a nand backup before and one after, maybe there are some huge diffs in the nand contents. wish i had a gecko usb. Maybe there is no problem and this is just a big teaser like the NSMB AP, play 15 mins and get hooked and buy ;-)

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that Nintendo is starting to make discs meant for store demos, and this one got into the "wrong" hands. If I recall correctly, there's a similar demo of TP that was leaked not too long ago, and it has a file copy date a little bit *after* the retail version.
Possible, but still a little unlikely to me. You wouldn't normally label a store display as "e3 demo" which it clearly calls itself on it's title screen, and indeed this seems to be e3 build, including the buggy wii remote + code (having to constantly resync it). You wouldn't want to be promoting with a known buggy build. There was obviously a leak somewhere for this to get out... I honestly hope the build date is correct (about E3 2010) as that would contain a lot more beta goodies... but it would be exceedingly odd for Nintendo to have built this years E3 demo so soon after last year's e3 demo when they'd have had a whole extra year to work on it... If the dates are just simply wrong, this year's E3 demo will be a lot more complete and have far less interesting beta things (maybe a bit over release simply from oversite, one can hope... but that's more likely cut content than true beta)

(edit) If they did put in some sort of AP, you can be assured that the scene would have a fix out within days of the full game's release... but there isn't anything to worry about, I've run the game through an emulator and it never once wrote any data (Dolphin tells you when games write/access any sort of storage)

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant 480p sorry.

What are you using to load the demo? If I load it in Neogamma it seems to go into 480i; w/ USBLoaderGX it stays at 480p (using the info menu of my TV to determine the signal type)

My guess is that Nintendo is starting to make discs meant for store demos, and this one got into the "wrong" hands. If I recall correctly, there's a similar demo of TP that was leaked not too long ago, and it has a file copy date a little bit *after* the retail version.
Possible, but still a little unlikely to me. You wouldn't normally label a store display as "e3 demo" which it clearly calls itself on it's title screen, and indeed this seems to be e3 build, including the buggy wii remote + code (having to constantly resync it). You wouldn't want to be promoting with a known buggy build. There was obviously a leak somewhere for this to get out... I honestly hope the build date is correct (about E3 2010) as that would contain a lot more beta goodies... but it would be exceedingly odd for Nintendo to have built this years E3 demo so soon after last year's e3 demo when they'd have had a whole extra year to work on it... If the dates are just simply wrong, this year's E3 demo will be a lot more complete and have far less interesting beta things (maybe a bit over release simply from oversite, one can hope... but that's more likely cut content than true beta)

Well like you said - this disc couldn't possibly be from E3 based on those file copy dates and the disc being PAL, so I'm not really sure why it's labeled as such... wouldn't seem very professional to keep an E3 label at any other convention. Especially since they apparently took the time to change a few things. I personally haven't found the need to recenter the remote. Maybe it's a TV size thing? I'm playing on a 50" plasma

Has anyone here been to the "Nintendo World" store in NYC? If so, what's the menu labeled there?

Edit: Which disc were you talking about calling itself an e3 demo? This SS demo doesn't - it just says "demo version". That coupled with the PEGI rating info (which was unknown at the time of E3) - I'm inclined to say this was destined for retail demo stations. I have no idea about that TP disc

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there are only four maps in the game, boss, dungeon, flight-city and flight.
All those objects are usless without the right map.

D

Deleted User

Remember guys, this is an old build, I expect the controls to be a little bit more fine tuned in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    AI needs money for AI drugs lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Ai Cocaine Is a hell of a drug."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok for real i'm back
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    generative AI is getting better at animating stuff, but still looks like a fever dream in most cases
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    GOLD GRAIN 1/4 QUARTER BARS FOR LIKE $5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro lost all his money on gacha toys
    https://gachax2.com/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i thought you were spamming
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just telling everyone i was collecting bullion, desperate times calls for desperate measures
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just "window" shopping
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna leave in any moment
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro if i drop a stack on red and you drop a stack on black at the roulette table and we pushed, does that mean i gave you a stack?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i don't get it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have it you fucking monster
  • T @ Texasauras:
    what i didn't do anything!
  • T @ Texasauras:
    since i doubled up, or you lost your stack and if i gave it to you instead of running off at the roulette table does that mean i "gave" you a stack lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop touching people's stacks
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Can I get AI to make Home Alone VS Micheal Jackson and R Kelly as the new wet bandits?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i have access to an AI that makes CGI movie scenes
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's in beta
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh