Hacking Sky3DS released a new card - no limit for games.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't, but I do have a few years of experience in how the market works and I know that most coincidences are anything but.
Needlessly limiting your market is bad for sales, you know. And they had announced they were working on compatibility with 6.x some time ago, so clearly they had intentions of breaking the 4.x barrier for some time and weren't shy about admitting it.
but you're avoiding my real question... how many concurrent games do you play?
About 6-9. But I like revisiting old beaten games every now and then, so I keep them in my card.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
you don't seem to understand what i asked, i'll ask again, what happens when emuNAND no longer works on a 3DS.
Gateway wasn't that big an issue for Nintendo when they were stuck on v4.5 but now that they'll work for up to v9.2 they should be getting more attention.

If, and thats a big If I suppose the same thing thats gonna happen to Sky3ds... BUT since GW is repogramable I dont think that will ever happen because they can just as easy release an update for GW to work as SKY3ds does.
You pay less and get more, youd have to be really dense to go for a Sky3ds over GW, unless youre in a hurry or youre buying it for a child. Then I guess its OK since its really easy to use.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
As soon as Gateway announced Devmenu & CIA support I knew this was the future...
As for Sky3ds I'll be honest, you guys act as catalyst for us to achieve even more faster gateway releases. I hope you are long enough to help us squeeze more juice from gateway in future oh and you're clones as well :lol:
Gateway still is the best!

you are 100% right the more good SKY3DS news come out the better Gateway team produce. ....if it wasn't for SKY3DS Gateway team would not have giving us CIA.

Reactions: omegart

Doc-Ziggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
If, and thats a big If I suppose the same thing thats gonna happen to Sky3ds... BUT since GW is repogramable I dont think that will ever happen because they can just as easy release an update for GW to work as SKY3ds does.
You pay less and get more, youd have to be really dense to go for a Sky3ds over GW, unless youre in a hurry or youre buying it for a child. Then I guess its OK since its really easy to use.

It's not that big an if.
As i said before, since Sky 3DS emulates a real cart(the "Exploit" is hardware based), it's possible that the only way to block it is by blocking old genuine carts.
I'm not quite sure that 3 year old hardware is going to be reprogrammable for too long(nor do I think that they can cause it to function the same way as Sky 3DS).

when Gateway came out, it had a price tag of over 100$, ran 1 3ds game at a time and caused some issues when updated.
Don't be a blind fanboy, Sky 3DS just came out, it might be more powerful than you think.

Reactions: SLiV3R and omegart

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ill wait and see for reviews of the blue card show up. im curious if the internals changed at all other than button color.

im also surprised no one has asked the gateway team if they have a sky3ds and if they will be able to implement the sky3ds real card imitation method to gateway cards. I imagine the gateway team might be able to figure out an on screen game select method for a sky3ds like card.

for those with an updated sky3ds can you play a game, delete it from the sd, then re-add it at a later date and the save will still work??

Jysix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thats why they are in a submarine. you dont see or hear them other then the occasional beep, but when they surface there will be a huge splash and the little boat will sink harder then the titanic.

But that's too bad, they have a fucking potential of taking all the market !

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
ill wait and see for reviews of the blue card show up. im curious if the internals changed at all other than button color.
im also surprised no one has asked the gateway team if they have a sky3ds and if they will be able to implement the sky3ds real card imitation method to gateway cards.

for those with an updated sky3ds can you play a game, delete it from the sd, then re-add it at a later date and the save will still work??

It's only JUUST been announced. not even in circulation yet.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

im also surprised no one has asked the gateway team if they have a sky3ds and if they will be able to implement the sky3ds real card imitation method to gateway cards. I imagine the gateway team might be able to figure out an on screen game select method for a sky3ds like card.

You can backup and restore saves with the diskwriter

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's only JUUST been announced. not even in circulation yet.

you can update existing cards. read the OP.

yeah but if games now save to the 3ds sd with the new update cant you just leave the saves on the sd card or simply copy them to pc. that's what I want to know. can you leave a save on your 3ds, delete a game from sky3ds, then re-add it and have the save still work.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
you can update existing cards. read the OP.

you need to buy a blue buttoned card. the existing card uses a complicated method.

I assumed your question was for those with blue buttoned cards which haven't even been circulated yet.

If it was meant for those with red buttoned cards via complicated method;

D

Deleted-188346

Gateway is missing the boat...
Thank God they're safe.

yctPp9k.jpg

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like sales are already looking good for SKY3DS, this one seller on Taobao has already sold 136 copies of the new cards with blue buttons.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 11.00.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 11.00.52 PM.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 376
Reactions: SLiV3R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: