Hacking Sky3DS released a new card - no limit for games.

Doc-Ziggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Lets just set some facts -
1) Gateway to date has the best features for anyone who can use it.
2) Sky 3DS has changed the scene in 4 weeks.
3) Sky 3DS is available and working for all firmwares.
4) Gateway currently doesn't work for anyone over v4.5.
5) Gateway's soon(tm) to be released update supposedly doesn't work for v9.3.
6) Sky 3DS flashcarts can run an unlimited number of games(old cards via the tool).

working on those facts alone (and leaving fanboys out of this) -
If you're looking for Homebrew, Eshop Games, Themes & region free - wait for the Gateway.
If you just want to play games, easily - get the Sky 3DS.

personally - I own both cards, but my 3dsxl has sadly been updated to v9.2. so i used Sky 3DS for the ninjhax hack(amongst other things).
my speculation, take it or leave it, is that the Gateway release might be delayed in order to deal with the v9.3 firmware issues.

Reactions: SLiV3R and logg

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
personally - I own both cards, but my 3dsxl has sadly been updated to v9.2. so i used Sky 3DS for the ninjhax hack(amongst other things).
my speculation, take it or leave it, is that the Gateway release might be delayed in order to deal with the v9.3 firmware issues.

you can use sky3ds with ninjhax? any documentation on this?

Arithmatics

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The thing about Sky3ds is that once its patched youre done! Any normal person would choose GW over Sky3DS due to its upgrade function. Imagine 9.4 comes out and Sky3DS gets blocked
then what, wait for another "batch" and pay again $100???? I dont think so. Patience is a virtue, wait for GW to release its shit and enjoy your future proof card. Simple as that.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
It is ironic and a complete piss take to link to instructions on how to crack the limit when the DRM bullshit was already implemented from the beginning, which they had no intentions of removing because of being greedy a$$hole$.

Tbh, I don't feel sorry for those 1st time buyers, it's their choice and money to throw at crap. But seriously, it's a piss take and quite funny really, as they saw their ass over Gateway announcing 9.2 support and with people figuring out how to crack their DRM shite.

Scene drama is brilliant, next it will be 9.3 support from GW to fight back at Sky...what a Soap Opera:)

Doc-Ziggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
The thing about Sky3ds is that once its patched youre done! Any normal person would choose GW over Sky3DS due to its upgrade function. Imagine 9.4 comes out and Sky3DS gets blocked
then what, wait for another "batch" and pay again $100???? I dont think so. Patience is a virtue, wait for GW to release its shit and enjoy your future proof card. Simple as that.

What if, and this is just a suggestion, they block the Gateway Exploit in the next firmware update? make it that you can't use emuNAND?
what if the solution to that is a brand new type of card? you'd have to throw your old Gateway cards to the trash and buy a new one?

there are lots of What ifs. yeah - Sky 3DS could be blocked come the next firmware update, so can any other card.

Arithmatics

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
What if, and this is just a suggestion, they block the Gateway Exploit in the next firmware update? make it that you can't use emuNAND(what if they already did that in v9.3 - remember that Gateway still has no way of working with v9.3)?
what if the solution to that is a brand new type of card? you'd have to throw your old Gateway cards to the trash and buy a new one?

there are lots of What ifs. yeah - Sky 3DS could be blocked come the next firmware update, so can any other card.

To be honest now that I think about it I have a feeling that Sky3DS is slowly but surely getting better. I mean with the added installation of home-brew doesn't that make you set? I mean the only real gripe is emuNAND support and region-locking amirite?

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I believe that Sky 3DS are greedy as heck, they did do the scene a whole lot of good.
Sadly, most(lets be real here - best projection is 99%) of the people who buy flash cards are in it for the (unlimited) free games, not homebrew.
Gateway and clones were stuck in the v4.5 rut for a long time, mostly because it worked and there wasn't any need for a new exploit.
When Sky 3DS came out it forced a new reality on other flash cart makers - either get a new exploit and upgrade or get stuck in the past.
While I do believe that Gateway has the scenes best interest at heart, They were holding the new exploit very close and were reluctant to release it.
it's pretty comical to see how after about 2 years of not doing any progress on getting a higher framework version out, poof comes Sky 3DS, and gateway has its own solution as well.

in just 4 weeks this whole scene has gotten from only v4.5 consoles can support 3ds flashcarts to gateway will soon(tm) be releasing the ultimate, game changing, yada yada yada release(and based on the original hardware to boot!).

competition urges progress. even if that competition is greedy.
I honestly don't believe that the GW team was intentionally limiting their market by sitting on top of a new exploit and refusing to release it. I say that they were working on the new exploit but weren't ready to release it yet, and were most likely waiting for the N3DS to come out as well, knowing that it would be blocked by Nintendo as soon as they were made aware of it.
1000 roms... at around 500 mb-2 gb a piece where the hell did you score a 1+TB micro SD card????? and also, do you have a spare?
seriously people - put 5-6 games on a 16 gb card and have a couple of cards... yeah, game scrolling is a pain in Sky 3DS but it doesn't mean you have to have it all in one card.
Being able to hold all games in a single card and quickly select them in a menu is still better than having to swap microSDs, though.

Reactions: cvskid and SLiV3R

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What if, and this is just a suggestion, they block the Gateway Exploit in the next firmware update? make it that you can't use emuNAND(what if they already did that in v9.3 - remember that Gateway still has no way of working with v9.3)?

Well they blocked it already if Im not wrong. Regarding Emunand its been a day dude calm your tits - similar thing had happened before and they managed to fix it. Theres not a single FW version that does not have emunand support. Lets say 9.3 doesnt get emunand support, so what? It does not mean 9.4 wont get it or 9.5 for that matter... Thats the thing about GW, theyre not cheap fuck amateurs who want to cash in their money ass soon as possible. They care about their customers. I mean FFS a 3 year old GW card still works to date. (will work). The thing is Sky3ds WILL get blocked sooner or later and you wasted a $100 for nothing! At least you know that when you buy a GW youve invested in something thats gonna be future proof for a long time.

To be honest now that I think about it I have a feeling that Sky3DS is slowly but surely getting better. I mean with the added installation of home-brew doesn't that make you set? I mean the only real gripe is emuNAND support and region-locking amirite?
What homebrew support?

Arithmatics

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Being able to hold all games in a single card and quickly select them in a menu is still better than having to swap microSDs, though.

I thought that the 10 game Sky3DS limit was on the card itself meaning you can't just swap out micro sds. or was I living a lie?

What homebrew support?

the whole ninjhax thing.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Ok so now I can put 1000+ roms on my microSD card!
But wait... I want to play with the 758th game :P

I have to wait for the sky3ds with green button with faster game changing :P

Next, they will bring out a Traffic light System. Red/Amber/Green version for rom changing

Thing is, some are dumb asses who, with this announcement will rush out and buy the new batch and then get butt hurt once it gets blocked. People are not patient enough these days, which I just like to sit back and watch the fireworks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: