Hacking Sky3DS released a new card - no limit for games.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you can update existing cards. read the OP.

yeah but if games now save to the 3ds sd with the new update cant you just leave the saves on the sd card or simply copy them to pc. that's what I want to know. can you leave a save on your 3ds, delete a game from sky3ds, then re-add it and have the save still work.
you cant update the existing card......its just the same old botch job tool that someone else made....they didnt even make their own tool

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you cant update the existing card......its just the same old botch job tool that someone else made....they didnt even make their own tool

well in that case ill wait for reviews to see if any of the internals are changed in the blue button cards. if sky3ds is simply applying the 10 game hack, changing the button to indicate prehacked cards and calling it a day no way am I giving them money.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's not that big an if.
As i said before, since Sky 3DS emulates a real cart(the "Exploit" is hardware based), it's possible that the only way to block it is by blocking old genuine carts.
I'm not quite sure that 3 year old hardware is going to be reprogrammable for too long(nor do I think that they can cause it to function the same way as Sky 3DS).

when Gateway came out, it had a price tag of over 100$, ran 1 3ds game at a time and caused some issues when updated.
Don't be a blind fanboy, Sky 3DS just came out, it might be more powerful than you think.

Believe me its a really big IF. Im not a fanboy Im just realistic, If you have the money and want to buy a Sky3ds over a GW card im juts as happy as Im sad for you.
I said it before, Sky3ds will get blocked and ill be just sitting here and laughing my fanboy ass at all of those dumb asses who couldnt wait for GWs update to get released. B-)

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well in that case ill wait for reviews to see if any of the internals are changed in the blue button cards. if sky3ds is simply applying the 10 game hack, changing the button to indicate prehacked cards and calling it a day no way am I giving them money.

In the case of the new batch is not a "hack" is just the same thing but with the imposed limit removed. There's not big science in supporting "unlimited" games in a card that uses an external memory.

you are 100% right the more good SKY3DS news come out the better Gateway team produce. ....if it wasn't for SKY3DS Gateway team would not have giving us CIA.

You mean, thanks to the "CFW" leaker...

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like sales are already looking good for SKY3DS, this one seller on Taobao has already sold 136 copies of the new cards with blue buttons.
Seriously, whats the deal with Transformers? There's no correlation with their name or cart methodology. It doesn't "transform" anything lol.

Reactions: omegart

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks like sales are already looking good for SKY3DS, this one seller on Taobao has already sold 136 copies of the new cards with blue buttons.

As i had mentioned somewhere before, for the majority of the consumers sky3ds = gateway3ds. gateway3ds offers extra features that are not userfriendly and that = no extra for the majority of the consumers. I have friend and fellow collegae students who are doing master degree programming and do not bother with gateway3ds because it require too much crap to research.

kirekun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't get why people bash the product.

As far as I read, Sky3ds works by copying a retail cart. How would that get patched o-o ...
And I don't think that alienating your user base is a solution.

Probably the cards also cater different audiences. I really don't care much about homebrew
(Well I like a pdf reader and a custom better music player in the 3ds but thats it)

Sky3ds be like for people who just want to pirate games.
Gateway for those who care about homebrew and stuff.

Soooo many haters. Maybe its better that Sky3ds didnt exist so that your beloved Gateway didn't improve much at all.
As well as choices in product consumption and the free market right?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

As far as I read, Sky3ds works by copying a retail cart. How would that get patched o-o ...

Probably the cards also cater different audiences. I really don't care much about homebrew
(Well I like a pdf reader and a custom better music player in the 3ds but thats it)

Soooo many haters. Maybe its better that Sky3ds didnt exist so that your beloved Gateway didn't improve much at all.
As well as choices in product consumption right?

STFU and enjoy mashing that blue button ;)

Reactions: retrofan_k

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a network administrator and with ANY kind of technology or upgrade, it's always best to take your time and do it right the first time. If you rush even a little bit bad things can happen, like an Apple iOS update that breaks email functionality or something (I use Android but have to support things like this). It does suck GW hasn't pushed their update out yet, but there must be some reason - Maybe it's still bricking their consoles to some degree and they don't want to release it to the masses yet, we don't know.

As far as Sky3DS, I've been using M3 and R4 cards since the original DS was out and this is the norm for me albeit $100 cards than $15. From all my reading as I'm new to the GW/Sky3DS scene, GW is the correct choice especially if Sky3DS is releasing new cards after only a month on the market, and GW allows backwards compatibility which means no new card purchases. I know there's instructions for Sky3DS blah blah blah, but seriously, I'd rather follow a streamlined process then filter through broken Japanese to Chinese, then Chinese to English translations for firmware upgrades. I ordered a GW on Friday for the first time and am excited they finally added new SysNAND support after all these years. I've been so disappointed by the 4.5 requirement for so long!

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
... a 10 game limit which gets removed 1 month latter making you buy another card which does the same thing and has no limit. OOOH it also has a shiny new blue button. Definitely worth the extra $100 :yaynds:
Have you been sleeping? You don't need to buy a new card. There is a tool linked in the first post of this thread that removes the 10 games limit of older cards.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As well as choices in product consumption and the free market right?

It will get pwned soon but until then, you better not update your 3ds unless sky3ds say so, don't fall prey like those on the ps3 ode environment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j