Hacking Sky3DS - Ok I'm sorry, I have a problem and cannot find the solution

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a different template.txt file from Sky's site.
I just tried it with my Sky and 0150 - Face Racers - Photo Finish (US) and I get the same error.
I tried an older template.txt and it worked fine.

And in case you didn't know, it's normal for it to give an
"Important Message The file (bla bla bla) contained invalid data (bla bla bla)...."

Just press YES and it will be fine.

D

Deleted-19228

I just got my Sky3DS today and after two hours I cannot get it to load any roms (let alone write them).

It gives me an error that it says there is no resource data please update template file. I did update template file and still same error. I also tried renaming the roms to whats in the settings.ini file and it did not help.

I did rename it from settings.ini to template.txt.

Do I need to rename the roms?

I tried formatting the card 3 times.

Can anyone help please?

EDIT: Looks like this was already said

Reactions: Osmosis

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need three things:

DISKWRITER 2.02B1

TEMPLATE0423.TXT

SETTINGS.INI

First unzip Diskwriter 2.02b1
Then put the SETTINGS.INI file in the Diskwriter 2.02b1 folder.
Then put TEMPLATE0423.TXT into Diskwriter 2.02b1 folder.

When windows prompts you about replacing SETTINGS.INI file, COPY AND REPLACE>OK.

It's simple folks... You now have to update both the templateXXXX.txt file and the SETTINGS.INI file. They are posted next to each other on the Sky3DS DOWNLOADS site.

YOU MUST DOWNLOAD AND REPLACE BOTH FROM NOW ON!!!!!

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't care. Just want OP to get it working properly. Yes, it's a little confusing. But not really, once you realize how much easier it is than trying to juggle emuNANDs.

Once games work, now you need private headers to play online with games. That's even more complicated. But it is do-able.

You will need your retail cartridges of 3DS games, a PC with HxD editor installed, and a Powersaves Pro.

Or you can just purchase private headers online from ebay. You will need 3 private headers:

1) Macronix (0xC2)
2) OKI Semiconductor (0xAE)
3) SanDisk (0x45)

Macronix is most important.

Otherwise, turn wifi off when using Sky3DS or you will get banned.

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have formatted it with the diskwrite utility, I have done all of the steps listed above.

Same error.

Wait, I think we are making progress. It's doing something different now.

OK!

I got it!

Whew! It was incompatible with my version of Windows 7. I had to switch to a PC with Windows Vista and got it going. Geeesh.

Thanks for all the help guys.

f7be5f9e45d8ec2fda05e4a95286692ea0c0c1ec40eb873af1f4ff8d1dfd2b10.jpg

booyah171

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. I was pulling my friggin' hair out.

The Vista thing was a last ditch effort.

Now I need to find a US version of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. I don't want to use torrent sites (don't trust em) and usenet doesn't have it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I agree. I was pulling my friggin' hair out.

The Vista thing was a last ditch effort.

Now I need to find a US version of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. I don't want to use torrent sites (don't trust em) and usenet doesn't have it.
Nothing wrong with downloading it from torrents, there aren't 3DS viruses (yet) and the Sky3DS would not be able to run a virus anyway since it only runs correctly encrypted and signed roms. Just make sure you don't download any torrents with .exe files in them :P

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Win Vista was basically a beta release of windows 7 and was rushed into the market and was buggy as hell . M$ really jumped the gun and pissed off a ton of people including myself By leaving XP behind for a crappy OS.

Using VISTA is NOT the solution to your problem. There is something you are doing on WIN 7 that you did differently on vista. As stated above don't change settings.ini file idk why you would have done that? The template file will have ××× numbers after the word template like Osmosis said above. Follow his post tut. And it should work fine if not.

Right click diskwriter on Win7 and change the compatibility for win xp sp3 or something else. Although it shouldn't matter as I didn't do any of that and mine works flawlessly.

I am using Disk writer 1.06 w/:

Win7 X64 and have had "0" problems with diskwriter/SKY

I don't know how so many are having difficulty with sky and diskwriter. Sorry if I came off as rude.

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't care. Just want OP to get it working properly. Yes, it's a little confusing. But not really, once you realize how much easier it is than trying to juggle emuNANDs.

Once games work, now you need private headers to play online with games. That's even more complicated. But it is do-able.

You will need your retail cartridges of 3DS games, a PC with HxD editor installed, and a Powersaves Pro.

Or you can just purchase private headers online from ebay. You will need 3 private headers:

1) Macronix (0xC2)
2) OKI Semiconductor (0xAE)
3) SanDisk (0x45)

Macronix is most important.

Otherwise, turn wifi off when using Sky3DS or you will get banned.

Why do you keep telling people they need a private header per chip type...

THEY DON'T!

They have to change the cartridge manufacturer.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Win Vista was basically a beta release of windows 7 and was rushed into the market and was buggy as hell . M$ really jumped the gun and pissed off a ton of people including myself By leaving XP behind for a crappy OS.

Using VISTA is NOT the solution to your problem. There is something you are doing on WIN 7 that you did differently on vista. As stated above don't change settings.ini file idk why you would have done that? The template file will have ××× numbers after the word template like Osmosis said above. Follow his post tut. And it should work fine if not.

Right click diskwriter on Win7 and change the compatibility for win xp sp3 or something else. Although it shouldn't matter as I didn't do any of that and mine works flawlessly.

I am using Disk writer 1.06 w/:

Win7 X64 and have had "0" problems with diskwriter/SKY

I don't know how so many are having difficulty with sky and diskwriter. Sorry if I came off as rude.

he already said he figured it out...
Blah Blah Blah

OK!

I got it!

Blah Blah Blah lies.

booyah171

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing wrong with downloading it from torrents, there aren't 3DS viruses (yet) and the Sky3DS would not be able to run a virus anyway since it only runs correctly encrypted and signed roms. Just make sure you don't download any torrents with .exe files in them :P

I'm just worried that Nintendo might be tracking whoever downloads their torrents.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get torrent from private trackers. There are P2P sites out there but they require an invite from someone who is already a member And you must keep a good down/up reputation or you get banned. I can't link any of them but just use google.

Or

Usenet. Connect to newsgroups etc.. must have subscription for larger files. few of my close friends use this and they say it's safer than p2p.

booyah171

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blak
Get torrent from private trackers. There are P2P sites out there but they require an invite from someone who is already a member And you must keep a good down/up reputation or you get banned. I can't link any of them but just use google.

Or

Usenet. Connect to newsgroups etc.. must have subscription for larger files. few of my close friends use this and they say it's safer than p2p.

Usually I do Usenet but a lot of stuff gets taken down way too quickly. I found Pokemon Y+X but not the USA versions so it won't work with the Sky3DS.

Thanks for the tips.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back