Sky3ds - Fire Emblem Awakening (USA) Freezing

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by el0hel, Dec 6, 2014.

1. el0hel
    OP

el0hel Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    I'm not sure if this is where I should post, but I recently bought the Sky3ds cart, and it seemed to work fine with writing the rom, but the game itself has been having major problems. The gameplay will act normally, but then will just freeze whenever dialogue starts, in the middle of a battle, and even when a character levels up. I've tried multiple roms already, but I still keep getting the same glitches. I've tried writing other roms, and they seem to work fine so I have no idea what to do now. I've even reformatted my SD card multiple times, and the issue remains the same. Any suggestions...?

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I'm afraid that your SD card might be at fault, what kind of an SD is it? What brand and class?

3. el0hel
    OP

el0hel Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    It's the Samsung 32GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDHC up to 48MB/s with Adapter (MB-MP32DA/AM). Just recently purchased it.

BAHIM Z 360 likes this.
  4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It's a bit odd that it only happens with Fire Emblem. I haven't tested that game myself, so I'm not sure how to advise you. I'd suggest trying out a different SD card if you have access to one. If the problem persists then it might be a problem with the template file, I'd report that to sky3DS so that they can adjust it in their next release. I'd also try using different versions of DiskWriter in the unlikely event that the version you're currently using isn't agreeing with your SD for whatever reason. While you're at it, make sure that you're running it as an administrator and use XP SP3 Compatibility Mode just to be safe.

5. Danjal

Danjal GBAtemp Fan

Nov 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Just throwing out some idea's here - but aside from possibly the SD card being at fault or something gone wrong while transferring the game, I'd also suggest trying to get a clean/fresh version of the game if the other options don't bear fruit.
    Afterall, if the file is at fault, then trying a different SD or copying it anew won't change the results.

6. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Formatting the SD card with the Panasonic SD application is where I would start.

Danjal likes this.
  7. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    I definitely think it's your SD or ROM. I actually tested Fire Emblem Awakening on my Sky 3DS with the exact same memory card (how lucky) and its working fine.

Danjal likes this.
  8. el0hel
    OP

el0hel Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    All right I'll definitely try out another SD. The ROM I used was Venom's and I used another copy. Hopefully, it's just my SD card that's the problem.

9. el0hel
    OP

el0hel Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    It turns out the SD card was the problem. I replaced the faulty one with a SanDisk Ultra 32GB UHI-I/Class 10 Micro SDHC Memory Card Up to 48MB/s With Adapter- SDSDQUAN-032G-G4A [Newest Version], and everything seems to be running very smoothly now. Thanks for solving my problem guys. Also, sorry for the double post. :)