ROM Hack SKJmin's New Super Mario Bros. 3 - Version 2.0 is out!

Zowayix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dirbaio said:
In the video, at the end: "Credits: 'dick' baio"
That's what I get for coding the editor? His hack wouldn't have been possible without my work. That's ridiculous.

So, here we go again.
I just hope he doesn't start again with the donations and the 100MB files...

I'd just like to let you know, in the actual download, he changed the name back to "Dirbaio".

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Woah thank SKJ
biggrin.gif
Great hacks as always prood of being a beta tester of this game
biggrin.gif

RebornX now Elza lol

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alex658 said:
Dirbaio said:
That's what I get for coding the editor? His hack wouldn't have been possible without my work. That's ridiculous.

So, here we go again.

TestAcc84 said:
@Dirbaio
That' SKJmin, how he is and why we "love" him... Sometimes a smart guy, sometimes an asshole!
smile.gif

I think he is very grateful to you for coding the tool, but I'm also sure that he has reasons to edit your name...

RomHackers should be praised by their work, and strictly their work. Regardless of their ''attitude''.

His ''attitude'' is no reason to underestimate his work. Though I personally don't think SKJmin has any attitude at all. He's a pretty awesome/nice guy IMO, Though anyone can get a bit rude if you get on their bad side.

Yeah he put a few MBs more. so? He wanted to earn a bit of money for his hard work, so?
He lied a little about the cheats and secrets, so? It made things waay more interesting. I mean, Where's the fun in saying this is just a plain level hack. nothing out of the ordinary was added.

Plus, man you made the editor and he did put your name on it, even if it was as a pun/joke.
If you didn't want things like this to happen then perhaps you shouldn't have released your editor.

QUOTE(Dirbaio @ Jun 18 2011, 09:20 AM)
well, he thinks he has a reason: he had an unfortunate discussion on the official NSMB Hacking forum that got him permabanned. He thinks it's my fault, although I'm not an admin there so I wasn't the one who decided to ban him.

So, well, I messaged him, and let's hope that he changes his mind, because insulting people is not the way to go, never.

(Please note: I dont want to start a flame war on this subject. That's a really old conflict I'd like to forget. I'm just posting this here so people can know.)

Let the past go, Please.
Why even bother linking the other forum?

And hey, sometimes it DOES happen like that. I have seen discussions/fights/flamings on forums that got someone permabanned because of someone else. though I do not know if this was the case here.

Ohhh, Sorry I got waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off-topic here, But I needed to say that. I will comment on the game now.
I am seriously happy my name appears on the credits list haha. even though I only helped in like 2 or 3 bugs.

I will get it very soon and start playing. I may need to start over though. I'll be really fun to catch all the coins I already had (and maybe even more)
So thanks man, for giving the old NSMB a new and refreshed feel. and giving us sooo many hours of play time. ^^
Thanks, SKJmin.

Woah, you must be really far up in SKJmin's butt.

Creating the actual editor is quite some work, that should not be underestimated. Making a joke in that way when crediting someone that actually did a lot of work is just disrespectful. I don't know either of the developers involved in this, but it's not a good way to show appreciation with these kind of 'jokes'.

Also, your opinion: "If you didn't want things like this to happen then perhaps you shouldn't have released your editor." is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, and I'm not sure if you're trolling, or just very, very stupid.

Zowayix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zowayix said:
Dirbaio said:

So, here we go again.

I'd just like to let you know, in the actual download, he changed the name back to "Dirbaio".

yuka001

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know how to download the patch? It looks like SKJmin has been changing websites and blogs three times in 2 days and is trying to make us click on some adds to get it
frown.gif

Edit: got it... but still odd.

D

Deleted-236924

Alex658 said:
If you didn't want things like this to happen then perhaps you shouldn't have released your editor.
Except when you make an editor like this, you don't expect people to call you "dick" for it.

Zowayix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's in the game, written in the background of a room accessible only after you get 240 Star Coins.

I suppose you could just find out using a level editor though.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
DrAlexander said:
So what's the password to the hidden "Rewards" RAR archive?

if i remember correctly (haven't used rar in a bit) you can encrypt the file names in the archive but not the password of the archive. a hexeditor might reveal the password without the bother of collecting the stars first. although i'm probably wrong so don't hate me if you try it =P

-another world

TestAcc84

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zowayix said:
It's in the game, written in the background of a room accessible only after you get 240 Star Coins.

I suppose you could just find out using a level editor though.

I'm sure you can't, tired out already!^^
It shows a fake message!

It seems he has rendered them ingame. Maybe as sprites...

@Pingouin7
Dammit, learn how to wuote someone!
I never said that in your quote...

D

Deleted-236924

If only Nintendo knew how to make game protection like this...

Also, seeing the creator's past actions, it makes me laugh that the readme.txt says that he doesn't make any money from that.

TestAcc84 said:
@Pingouin7
Dammit, learn how to wuote someone!
I never said that in your quote...
Sorry, I messed up when I quoted.
It's fixed.

TestAcc84

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@foxi
I thik this will never stop...
Stop bitching to SKJmin goddamit!

Starting a flame war?
This thread was pretty silenced...

Talk about the game or get off!
Post got reported...

TestAcc84

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just said you should stop making those kind of screenshots!
SKJmin is an asshole maybe but he has made an ingenious work and EVERYONE should respect it!

Posting these kind of screenshots is not the correct way!
Even when he has posted that in his own blog!

Coem back to topic and stop making flames!
This is a thread for "NSMB3" not a thread for "SKJmin"!!

You have almost 1000 posts, so what?
Are you cooler than me now?

However, back to topic!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I got this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDHC5MV