Hacking SKIN MEDIA PLAY EXTEND G6/M3 REAL!!!

deathbunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually i need to know if its even possible to skin the media play extend screen on my new m3/g6 real.
i already know how to skin the GUI and i have made some very nice skins. but the built in media player looks like vomit. there is a button that says skins on the media play screen. so im assuming this can be done?????

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a skin once for the MediaPlay-Extend on the G6 Lite. I had to figure out how to do it all myself since the G6 people released no documentation and never gave any answers to e-mail requests. I'm not surprised that it's still the same story even on the G6 Real.

Here's the original topic I made about skinning MediaPlay-Extend:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=42787

It has a download to the skin I made, which according to some later posts in that topic, does work on the G6 DS Real as well as the G6 Lite (and probably also M3 Perfect and M3 Real, I would assume).

You should be able to look at the files for the skin I made and figure out how to make you own skins pretty easily. It's not hard.

...word is bondage...

deathbunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
worked like a charm sweater fish! how was i even supposed to figure out that there needed to be a folder clled system1, 2 ect ect when the firm ware dosnt even contain that folder for the built in skin?! wow you would think there would be better documentation on this but thanks so much. my next question is can i change the start up sound that plays when you select media play extend? that would be great. i made moonshell skins that start up with quotes from movies to match the theme would like to try that with this too. thanks in advance

deathbunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
worked like a charm sweater fish! how was i even supposed to figure out that there needed to be a folder clled system1, 2 ect ect when the firm ware dosnt even contain that folder for the built in skin?! wow you would think there would be better documentation on this but thanks so much. my next question is can i change the start up sound that plays when you select media play extend? that would be great. i made moonshell skins that start up with quotes from movies to match the theme would like to try that with this too. thanks in advance

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my next question is can i change the start up sound that plays when you select media play extend? that would be great. i made moonshell skins that start up with quotes from movies to match the theme would like to try that with this too.

You can make skins with sounds? Cool, is there any topics discussing this or any guides of how to do it because I've made some pretty cool skins and they would be even cooler if I could add sounds to them

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my next question is can i change the start up sound that plays when you select media play extend? that would be great. i made moonshell skins that start up with quotes from movies to match the theme would like to try that with this too. thanks in advance
Probably, though I haven't experiemented with startup sounds. Try putting a STARTUP.WAV file in the skin folder and changing StartupSound=0 to StartupSound=1 in the GLOBAL.INI file. That may work.

...word is bondage...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it