Hacking Skinning Mediaplay-Extend

Sweater Fish Del

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that we can use Moonshell on the G6, most people are using that now, I guess, but I still like Mediaplay-Extend better for the things I need.

The built in Help & Support file has always said that Mediaplay-Extend could be skinned, but wasn't that specific on how to do it exactly and for some reason the G6 people never replied to requests for more details. So I had to figure it out myself. It wasn't that hard really.

Here's a link to a custom skin I made to match the G6 Touchpod main interface.

Custom Mediaplay-Extend skin

It requires the most current version of Mediaplay-Extend, which I included in the zip.

Anyone else who wants to make their own skin for Mediaplay-Extend should be able to figure out how to do it from those files. Remember, you can have more than one skin (in folders named, system1, system2, etc.) and choose between them from within Mediaplay-Extend.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot:
screenshot.png

...word is bondage...

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's awesome, I've tried to email them before about how to get this to work but they would respond as if they didn't know what I was talking about.

Drackel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to get this nice skin to work with the new 2.2 loader? Now that they have compiled the mediaplayestend together?

What I find really funny is the fact that the background skin from this is the background to the new pdaDS that came out.

pootman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to be a complete divvy, but (for g6ds real) once you've created the 'system1' folder, does it go in the 'system' folder of the 2.2 loader? or does it need to be in a mediaplayextend folder?

ps @ Bergunzo, really like your XP skin, i'd love to have a mpe skin to match.

Drackel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes Bergunzo, please match the skin of Vista to Mediaplay and pdaDS
All we need are the two back drops for Mediaplay and then the background for pdaDS
smile.gif
It would benice to have a somewhat overall theme.

Pootman, as far as what I did, I left everything as was in 2.2v and just copied the files from the system DIR in the zip file to the system DIR on the cart and then picked that skin in mediaplay

So I never had a DIR named System1, hope that helps.

pootman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It does, thanks.

pdaDS is skinnable too?

PS putting MPE skins in folders 'system1' etc in root of card allows many skins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended