Hacking skin issue

gramkracka22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i dled a skin and put the wrong folder in and then changed my background to it and the problem now is that my background is all black (because i had the wrong folder) and the only thing that really shows is the game folder and when i press start it just freezes and i cant change my background back..is there ne way to reset it to the original background with out having to reformat the memory card???

ty for ne help

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
gramkracka22 said:
i dled a skin and put the wrong folder in and then changed my background to it and the problem now is that my background is all black (because i had the wrong folder) and the only thing that really shows is the game folder and when i press start it just freezes and i cant change my background back..is there ne way to reset it to the original background with out having to reformat the memory card???

ty for ne help
You can do a lot of things to solve it, but the easier and noob friendly way is to remove the __AIO or __AK2 dir, redownload and re-extract the kernel of your choice (I like AKAIO better, but there are those people that like the outdated official one). It will revert to original settings, including the background. If you still have the standard themes (untouched) on your microSD you can erase the globalsettings.ini file on __AIO or __AK2 dir. It will be recreated next time you start your AceKard with standard options.

stealthfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Go to __aio or __AK2 folder on your comp, and open globalsettings.ini

Look for "uiname = "
Change the name after that to the name of the folder you skin is kept in.

Solved, and you keep all your settings.

Smannesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Although my question is slightly different, it's still about a 'skin issue' so I'll be using this topic instead of creating one myself.
I've downloaded some skins for my Acekard2/AKAIO and although they do show up, the calendar on the top screen is broken with every skin I've tried so far (except for the included ones of course).
The current day highlight isn't in a day box, but somewhere in the middle of a couple of days.
So instead of:
icocalendar.gif

I get:
icocalendar2.gif

(I know, I've got mad mspaint skillz)

greenwatch200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smannesman said:
Although my question is slightly different, it's still about a 'skin issue' so I'll be using this topic instead of creating one myself.
I've downloaded some skins for my Acekard2/AKAIO and although they do show up, the calendar on the top screen is broken with every skin I've tried so far (except for the included ones of course).
The current day highlight isn't in a day box, but somewhere in the middle of a couple of days.
So instead of:
icocalendar.gif

I get:
icocalendar2.gif

(I know, I've got mad mspaint skillz)
To make the calendar show up, in the folder where your skin is located (ex:M:\__aio\ui\SkinName), make a new folder in it called "calendar" and put these files in it:
clock_colon
clock_numbers
day_numbers
year_numbers

If you look inside a skin that does have the calendar showing, you will see the exact same format.
yay.gif

Smannesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
greenwatch200 said:
To make the calendar show up, in the folder where your skin is located (ex:M:\__aio\ui\SkinName), make a new folder in it called "calendar" and put these files in it:
clock_colon
clock_numbers
day_numbers
year_numbers

If you look inside a skin that does have the calendar showing, you will see the exact same format.
yay.gif
Thanks, that does indeed fix it.
It would've been nice if every skin included those pictures/fonts so you would always have a fitting font, but alas.
Sorry for taking so long to respond, but I've only just tried it last night.

LittleMe626

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having a issue with my brand new out of box Acekard 2i. For some reason the default skin was not showing up when I first used the ack2i and the Start menu was freezing for me also. Deleting the globalsettings.ini file fixed the problem.

Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: Are we quoting Greasy Strangler or Napoleon Dynamite? Haven't seen either in a fat minute