skin issue

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by gramkracka22, Apr 11, 2009.

Apr 11, 2009

skin issue by gramkracka22 at 10:32 PM (844 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. gramkracka22
    OP

Newcomer gramkracka22 Newbie

Canada
    i dled a skin and put the wrong folder in and then changed my background to it and the problem now is that my background is all black (because i had the wrong folder) and the only thing that really shows is the game folder and when i press start it just freezes and i cant change my background back..is there ne way to reset it to the original background with out having to reformat the memory card???

ty for ne help

2. Tomy Sakazaki

Member Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    You can do a lot of things to solve it, but the easier and noob friendly way is to remove the __AIO or __AK2 dir, redownload and re-extract the kernel of your choice (I like AKAIO better, but there are those people that like the outdated official one). It will revert to original settings, including the background. If you still have the standard themes (untouched) on your microSD you can erase the globalsettings.ini file on __AIO or __AK2 dir. It will be recreated next time you start your AceKard with standard options.

3. stealthfire

Newcomer stealthfire Member

Singapore
    Go to __aio or __AK2 folder on your comp, and open globalsettings.ini

Look for "uiname = "
    Change the name after that to the name of the folder you skin is kept in.

Solved, and you keep all your settings.

4. Smannesman

Newcomer Smannesman Newbie

Netherlands
    Although my question is slightly different, it's still about a 'skin issue' so I'll be using this topic instead of creating one myself.
    I've downloaded some skins for my Acekard2/AKAIO and although they do show up, the calendar on the top screen is broken with every skin I've tried so far (except for the included ones of course).
    The current day highlight isn't in a day box, but somewhere in the middle of a couple of days.
    So instead of:
    [​IMG]
    I get:
    [​IMG]
    (I know, I've got mad mspaint skillz)

5. greenwatch200

Newcomer greenwatch200 Advanced Member

United States
    To make the calendar show up, in the folder where your skin is located (ex:M:\__aio\ui\SkinName), make a new folder in it called "calendar" and put these files in it:
    clock_colon
    clock_numbers
    day_numbers
    year_numbers

If you look inside a skin that does have the calendar showing, you will see the exact same format. [​IMG]

6. Smannesman

Newcomer Smannesman Newbie

Netherlands
    Thanks, that does indeed fix it.
    It would've been nice if every skin included those pictures/fonts so you would always have a fitting font, but alas.
    Sorry for taking so long to respond, but I've only just tried it last night.

7. LittleMe626

Newcomer LittleMe626 Newbie

United States
    I was having a issue with my brand new out of box Acekard 2i. For some reason the default skin was not showing up when I first used the ack2i and the Start menu was freezing for me also. Deleting the globalsettings.ini file fixed the problem.

Thank you.