Hacking Since that big topic about the USB Loader is impossible to follow

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
First off, sorry I'm making a new topic, but that topic, to me is downright impossible to follow, I posted in it twice and now can't even find my posts lol.
I'm talking about this big USB Loader made by a bunch of people, I'd really love it for the loader to have an actual name cause I have no idea what to refer to it as.

Anyway, it doesn't come with a config.txt file and there are no examples of a config.txt file to be found anywhere, at least I couldn't find any.

I want to load my 2d Covers which are placed in /images on the root of my SD and use those as the covers, but it seems without a config text it doesn't detect them.
I dunno why the TC never posted an example of a config.txt file or a default config

So if anyone can tell me exactly what a config.text for r199 of that loader is supposed to contain I'd be very grateful.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/wiki/ConfigOptions

The reason you're not getting answers is because we're literally asked the same question about once or twice every half an hour, and after awhile you can't answer every single one.

Also, although they're not in there, there are cover_path and disc_path config options, which lets you set the directory of cover and disc images.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sportsmaniac1322 said:

The reason you're not getting answers is because we're literally asked the same question about once or twice every half an hour, and after awhile you can't answer every single one.

Also, although they're not in there, there are cover_path and disc_path config options, which lets you set the directory of cover and disc images.

thanks man, but that isn't of much use to me, it doesn't quite explain what i need to type to get covers to work, just themes which i dont need atm cause i like the default one

edit: lol nvm I just cliked the link and didn't read your post
smile.gif

sorry I'm tired been making stuff for this one game I want to make all night(I SHOULD be studying for my exams but I kinda feel like working on the game more
biggrin.gif
)

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
########################################
## Sample "config.txt" file. Defaults are denoted by "[]" All lines starting with "#" are not parsed by the loader.

## godmode = [0], 1 -- When set to "0", "godmode" is OFF.
## When OFF, unlock/lock codes must be entered to add/remove games and parental controls may be used.
godmode = 0

## unlock_code = [ab121b] -- Set a custom unlock/lock code. Code must be LESS THAN 19 characters.
unlock_code = ab121b

## parentalcontrol = [0], 1, 2, 3 -- If "godmode" is ON, "parentalcontrol" will be ignored.
# 0 => Turn off parental control
# 1 => Only allow games with 0 to show up (in titles.txt)
# 2 => Only allow games with 0 or 1 to show up (in titles.txt)
# 3 => Only allow games with 0 or 1 or 2 to show up (in titles.txt)
parentalcontrol = 0

## theme_path = [SD:/apps/usbloader/theme/] -- Sets the theme folder path for 4:3. Remember to put "/" at the end of the path.
## If you are using 16:9, use "wtheme_path" instead.
theme_path = SD:/apps/usbloader/theme/

## wtheme_path = [SD:/apps/usbloader/wtheme/] -- Sets the theme folder path for 16:9. Remember to put "/" at the end of the path.
## If you are using 4:3, use "theme_path" instead.
##wtheme_path = SD:/apps/usbloader/wtheme/

## widescreen = [0], 1 -- When set to 1, the loader will force 16:9 mode. When set to 0, the loader will force 4:3 mode.
widescreen = 1

## cover_path = [SD:/apps/usbloader/images/covers/] -- Sets the location of the cover art images. Remember to put "/" at the end of the path.
cover_path = SD:/apps/usbloader/images/covers/

## disc_path = [SD:/apps/usbloader/images/discs/] -- Sets the location of the disc images. Remember to put "/" at the end of the path.
disc_path = SD:/apps/usbloader/images/discs/

payupsucker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shinigami Kiba said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:

thanks man, but that isn't of much use to me, it doesn't quite explain what i need to type to get covers to work, just themes which i dont need atm cause i like the default one

edit: lol nvm I just cliked the link and didn't read your post
smile.gif

sorry I'm tired been making stuff for this one game I want to make all night(I SHOULD be studying for my exams but I kinda feel like working on the game more
biggrin.gif
)

Try reading the first page.

covers are 116 x 224. Are yours that size?

default it should be in the root of your SD card.

SD:images/covers.png (yes a file for each game disk)

If you know how to read and use a computer, you should have no problem. Use a little common sense and it should work for you.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Covers should be 160 not 116x224(5 maybe)
At least that's the covers Ultimate Loader uses and the covers WBFS Manager 2.5 downloads, but it seems those covers just won't work for me, I don't have any disc images cause I don't really need them, but for the heck of it I tried moving a 160x224 cover to the disc images folder and that worked, a rectangular cover was spinning there instead of the disc image lol

So, no covers in my images folder load, I tried placing them in images/covers and still nothing, but they do load as disc images despite being the wrong resolution.

I don't think this has anything to do with common sense buddy and yes i do use / at the end, I know that from previous loaders config files

payupsucker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my bad.. yes 160 x 224

Look for blinddude post's, and in his signature he has box art packs. Just remember that all the files must be extracted to the "images" folder on your SD card. Disc art is extracted to "Disc" folder in the "images folder and they must be 160 x 160 and the outer must be transparent.

Remember this is only for the "default setting for the loader" and you don't need to set up a "config.txt" for this to work.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i downloaded those, and oddly enough they worked, dunno why mine didn't, but, I'm done with this loader for now.
It looks absolutely awesome but it has a ton of glitches, for me at least.
sometimes on the menu everything stops responding so you have to turn the wii off, and i dunno if this was the loader but earlier it acted as if my HDD went to sleep mode on moneky ball, music stopped and the game froze after it tried to load new content, this however doesn't happen with Ultimate Loader.

I'm going back to Ultimate Loader 7.1 for now, that's the one I've been usng the longest without so much as a single problem, I may try 7.4 or whatever the latest version is but we'll see, I'm perfectly content with just 7.1 since I know, for a fact it works great.

thanks for all the help

payupsucker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just remember that all this is new (USB Loaders). I been following from the start and been reading all the post's. It is still in development, and the best advice I think would be to use whatever works for you now. There are so many Wii's out there with so many different configurations and regions, that in a couple weeks of development, nothing can work perfect.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu