Since that big topic about the USB Loader is impossible to follow

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Shinigami Kiba, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Member Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    First off, sorry I'm making a new topic, but that topic, to me is downright impossible to follow, I posted in it twice and now can't even find my posts lol.
    I'm talking about this big USB Loader made by a bunch of people, I'd really love it for the loader to have an actual name cause I have no idea what to refer to it as.

Anyway, it doesn't come with a config.txt file and there are no examples of a config.txt file to be found anywhere, at least I couldn't find any.

I want to load my 2d Covers which are placed in /images on the root of my SD and use those as the covers, but it seems without a config text it doesn't detect them.
    I dunno why the TC never posted an example of a config.txt file or a default config

So if anyone can tell me exactly what a config.text for r199 of that loader is supposed to contain I'd be very grateful.

2. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/wiki/ConfigOptions

The reason you're not getting answers is because we're literally asked the same question about once or twice every half an hour, and after awhile you can't answer every single one.

Also, although they're not in there, there are cover_path and disc_path config options, which lets you set the directory of cover and disc images.

3. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

thanks man, but that isn't of much use to me, it doesn't quite explain what i need to type to get covers to work, just themes which i dont need atm cause i like the default one

edit: lol nvm I just cliked the link and didn't read your post [​IMG]
    sorry I'm tired been making stuff for this one game I want to make all night(I SHOULD be studying for my exams but I kinda feel like working on the game more [​IMG])

4. DPyro

Member DPyro GBAtemp Regular

Canada

5. payupsucker

Newcomer payupsucker Member

Canada

Try reading the first page.

covers are 116 x 224. Are yours that size?

default it should be in the root of your SD card.

SD:images/covers.png (yes a file for each game disk)

If you know how to read and use a computer, you should have no problem. Use a little common sense and it should work for you.

6. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Covers should be 160 not 116x224(5 maybe)
    At least that's the covers Ultimate Loader uses and the covers WBFS Manager 2.5 downloads, but it seems those covers just won't work for me, I don't have any disc images cause I don't really need them, but for the heck of it I tried moving a 160x224 cover to the disc images folder and that worked, a rectangular cover was spinning there instead of the disc image lol

So, no covers in my images folder load, I tried placing them in images/covers and still nothing, but they do load as disc images despite being the wrong resolution.

I don't think this has anything to do with common sense buddy and yes i do use / at the end, I know that from previous loaders config files

7. payupsucker

Canada
    my bad.. yes 160 x 224

Look for blinddude post's, and in his signature he has box art packs. Just remember that all the files must be extracted to the "images" folder on your SD card. Disc art is extracted to "Disc" folder in the "images folder and they must be 160 x 160 and the outer must be transparent.

Remember this is only for the "default setting for the loader" and you don't need to set up a "config.txt" for this to work.

8. payupsucker

Canada
    sorry double post. [​IMG]

9. payupsucker

Canada
  10. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

yeah i downloaded those, and oddly enough they worked, dunno why mine didn't, but, I'm done with this loader for now.
    It looks absolutely awesome but it has a ton of glitches, for me at least.
    sometimes on the menu everything stops responding so you have to turn the wii off, and i dunno if this was the loader but earlier it acted as if my HDD went to sleep mode on moneky ball, music stopped and the game froze after it tried to load new content, this however doesn't happen with Ultimate Loader.

I'm going back to Ultimate Loader 7.1 for now, that's the one I've been usng the longest without so much as a single problem, I may try 7.4 or whatever the latest version is but we'll see, I'm perfectly content with just 7.1 since I know, for a fact it works great.

thanks for all the help

11. payupsucker

Canada
    Just remember that all this is new (USB Loaders). I been following from the start and been reading all the post's. It is still in development, and the best advice I think would be to use whatever works for you now. There are so many Wii's out there with so many different configurations and regions, that in a couple weeks of development, nothing can work perfect. [​IMG]