Hacking Since nobody got it, a little more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, well I thought someone would have caught on a little at least by now.
Well then we will start with some more information.
The wii u formatted usb has what appears to be four sections. The first section appears to contain the console specific information. Then the blank data (zeros). Followed by some unknown information, then the logical partition.
Where we will edit is the unknown section. It starts somewhere in offset 0966xxxxxx. Remove 15-18 rows of data in this section from the beginning of the data in 0966xxxxxx right after the zeros. (best hex editor to use is wxhexeditor)
Once removed, you'll need to get something in there to match your existing data and somewhat bypass the "console specific" section (so your pc will read it) Where I started was with some older mac exploits. (macatyourservice.sit)
Where I inserted it was where I just deleted those lines (you'll have to open another hex window and open macatyourservice.sit and copy/paste the data)
From there some lines will appear readable. (macatyourservice.sit didn't open all just the first one we started with)
If you know what you are looking at the wii u data closely resembles mac.
As stated many times we will never give you exactly what you need to blow it open. But will attempt to guide.
(inb4 the bandwagon comes to town and assumes I am posting it for them and attempts to say it doesn't work without trying it)
We refuse to be the ones that bring any sort of homebrew or cheats to the wii u. But I personally would love to see it happen.
Also when you edit this part of the data you can dd it back to your usb and continue using it as if it never happened. (the wii u doesn't miss it so it responds as if it was never changed) This running without notice will help with adding things to your data. (alterations and whatnot)
Anyway I will give very little assistance and support with this information. But hopefully now you get it. It works, it plays, and with the right stuff will allow for adding things to your wii u formatted usb.
1 0 8 2 6 4 6 0 1 0 1 0 8 2 6 4 9 4 1 0 1 0 8 2 6 5 6 2 1 0 1 0 8 2 6 5 9 6 1 0 1 0 8 2 6 6 3 0 1 0 8 2 6 6 6 4 1 0 1 0 8 2 6 6 9 8 1 0 8 2 6 7 3 2 1 0

Reactions: yuyuyup

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
wtf_is_this_shit2_RE_73_Million_Sharks_Killed_Every_Year-s468x349-71815.jpg

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Interesting... Not sure what the purpose of the Mac exploit is and how this all ties together, it seems a bit arbitrary, but I would love to see someone other than me make sense of it all :P

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why didn't he just say that?! :creep:

Because. reasons, that's why :creep: Either that or the OP had one helluva aneurysm.

Cue the grammar nazis.

It's something about being able to read WiiU formatted drives on PC.

It's one thing to have bad grammar, it's another to spout off poorly written ill-contrived "sentences" or "topics". He really should know how to OP.

Reactions: VinsCool

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, this guy IS a fatal error. Why would we trust a troll anyway? :creep:

Well, not only has he said that the people that are working on a Wii U exploit are "working too slow" but that he clearly knows all that there is to know how to make one faster. :rolleyes: He's a troll for sure.

Reactions: VinsCool

robcrazee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know what you all are thinking (low post count etc) BUT this kind of makes sense as Crediar has ripped music from wii u games probably using this method (downloaded game from the nintendo shop) and also if ode is to ever come out it would use the usb ports to emulate the drive by injecting code into the wiiu at boot time but still they would need a coded app installed on the wii u to make it all hang together.

But another train of thinking is that possibly you could inject nintendo E shop downloaded games onto a usb hard drive and play them on any wiiu by editing the drive to be pc readable and copying the game to it and then editing the specific console code (For your wii u) and re-closing the drive so it is readable on your wii u again

If this is the true way in then maybe we need to see possibly a nand dumper which would work and show console specific keys / information (like mac address etc) to prove it is real without opening the gates to more (Obviously people want homebrew tho) .I doubt nintendo left the proprietary hard drive format open to "HEX" hacking but if they did oh dear indeed

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What bothers me is why giving "text-only hints" for God-knows how long now instead of actually work along with whoever is trying to develop an exploit for CafeOS?

This is not a tutoring class nor a school, we are not working for our grades, it is being worked on for the Homebrew community and will help a lot of users and open a wide range of developing innovative apps for the system due to its Gamepad functionality.

Why not help directly then?
That is my true concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol