Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where do i look this up
Google search filezilla

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But now its stuck on rebooting in 10 seconds. I've seen people say they had this problem? What did they do to fix it?

Pingu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google search filezilla

But now its stuck on rebooting in 10 seconds. I've seen people say they had this problem? What did they do to fix it?
sorry for buggin you but how do i use this/ what do i do

Omenien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i've been trying to downgrade my N3DS for an hour and sysUpdater refuses to work (i only get a black screen whenever i tired to open it) and i've tried to open it on several entry point already Ninjahax/menuhax/browserhax/ironhax

It took me a long time to get it to boot in to sysUpdater the first time. Going in to FTBrony first and letting it sit for a minute before backing out and selecting sysUpdater seems to increase the chances (though it still wasn't guaranteed to launch and even when it did I received the CIA info error a few times).

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country

The fix that Admant used only applies to if you are using a Mac, on a Windows operating system you could see and delete those files from the directory without any other programs being needed, just a file browser of any sort.

So, how do I get menuhax on 9.2? Is there a thread for it?

Your initial entrypoint for Homebrew would be Browserhax. Many threads on here about installing cfw or whatever you are looking to do.

I used: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-complete-custom-firmware-guide.396349/

Last edited by Santaros,

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Father Crilly

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hahahah awesome, so glad I was actually helpful!

page 95
So, I'm now on 9.2
The rxtools tutorial thread seems really complicated for something so simple. Is there a new way to install rxtools firmware?

UltraHurricane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It took me a long time to get it to boot in to sysUpdater the first time. Going in to FTBrony first and letting it sit for a minute before backing out and selecting sysUpdater seems to increase the chances (though it still wasn't guaranteed to launch and even when it did I received the CIA info error a few times).

thanks, it managed to downgrade but now it seems to be frozen in the "Updates installed. Rebooting in 10 seconds"

mepica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
At least, after 2 days trying XD I downgraded my n3ds 9.9 to 9.2 with no brick!. To someone could be useful I had the latest sysUpdater of Julian (that with recovery first), I used menuhax and ninjhax (were using one and another), the files were 102 .cia FW9.2 EUR from "that iso site" and I had sysUpdater as boot.3dsx. I wasn't need to enter FTBrony before launch sysUpdater. One thing I saw is enter to config and launching menuhax when I exit seems to increase chances of launch sysUpdater correctly (maybe this has nothing to do with it, but was what I felt).

Thanks to everyone that helped me here, thanks to the author of this thread where I could ask and learn everything I needed and obviously, thanks to all the devs involved in this:bow::bow:

I'll tell you how CFW goes hehe

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is moderately technical stuff to perform. You really need to read the tutorials, and read all of this thread. Asking how to I use this and where is the link over and over isn't going to get you very far and it will clutter up the forum. If you have a specific question or a specific step that isn't working you can ask and will probably get an answer but "how do I use this" isn't going to get many responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head