Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordStarkiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tutorial and a now running RxTools on my old 3DS but OP should add that if you have Menuhax installed before you downgrade, once it reboots it will stay a black screen until you delete the files from your SD card cause once I got rid of those and reinserted my SD card my 3DS booted normally but it gave me quite the fright!

oFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on system version 10.2, and it keeps failing the md5 check every damn time, Ive downloaded the 9.2 files from multiple places and every one of them fails, this is seriously annoying the crap out of me. How do you guys get past this issue? ive even tried different sd cards, xfering the data through wireless and directly through pc port, makes no difference.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on system version 10.2, and it keeps failing the md5 check every damn time, Ive downloaded the 9.2 files from multiple places and every one of them fails, this is seriously annoying the crap out of me. How do you guys get past this issue? ive even tried different sd cards, xfering the data through wireless and directly through pc port, makes no difference.
Use normal sysupdater..

oFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So once we have downgraded, can we still use the menuhax as an entry or do we have to find an old one to use?

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

oFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eh finally got it first try, i was being retarded and had the updater folder in the wrong spot.

D

Deleted User

I just found out about this is there any way to get homebrew if I have no apps on 9.9?

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my system bricked. Everything went fine at first. It installed all of the cia files. But when in finished, it got stuck on the reboot phase. It didn't reboot. And I'm just getting a black screen. :(

molcos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think my system bricked. Everything went fine at first. It installed all of the cia files. But when in finished, it got stuck on the reboot phase. It didn't reboot. And I'm just getting a black screen. :(
Remove your sd card, then empty the 3ds folder.
Copy back the files after booting the 3ds and changing the theme once to remove the menuhax.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Pi is basically just a fancy version +1