Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

whitezombie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes please, some of us do not use discord, copy the link or a image of the thread.

we need to understand a SciresM, just think about how many people is asking things and no on the best way, should be overwhelming.

I have the GitHub post linked in my previous post. He re-opened the issue.

Last edited by whitezombie,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Sweet! Looks like he fixed it! By the way is ReSwitched the Discord channel to join that is linked on the GitHub page?
Yep, I can also confirm that this fixes the booting issues I was having. Now I need to try some xci, nro forwarders - l'll re-compile and try these tomorrow to see it it's a libnx issue with older nro forwarders.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Well that#s me finished testing everything now:

Booting issues - fixed with new fusee.bin.
XCI installs - working.
NSP installs - working.
NRO forwarding - working.

All patches seem fine (loader/es/fs), but I didn't test nfim as I don't play online or lan games - but I suspect this should be OK. Maybe someone that uses these can confirm?

whitezombie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

XCI installs - working.
NSP installs - working.

All patches seem fine (loader/es/fs), but I didn't test nfim as I don't play online or lan games - but I suspect this should be OK. Maybe someone that uses these can confirm?
Did you use the the two dupe patches from that site or did you use the unique D0D4491814B562AF61ABD52E4BF0989405AF741A5C7C033AB3EB0EC8680AD98F.ips file that your tool made. I haven't tested this. I was using the ones from the site and didn't seem to have any issues.

Reactions: binkinator

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Did you use the the two dupe patches from that site or did you use the unique D0D4491814B562AF61ABD52E4BF0989405AF741A5C7C033AB3EB0EC8680AD98F.ips file that your tool made. I haven't tested this. I was using the ones from the site and didn't seem to have any issues.
I used the one my tool made, as that one is correct and the one on "that site" is wrong. If in doubt - use these.

Attachments

• 15.0.0-Patches.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 44

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

XCI installs - working.
NSP installs - working.

still don't understand why people are even updating. do people think they NEED to update in order to use the newest version of hekate or atmopshere? because you don't. I see no other reason why people would rush to update to such a useless update

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still don't understand why people are even updating. do people think they NEED to update in order to use the newest version of hekate or atmopshere? because you don't. I see no other reason why people would rush to update to such a useless update

The folks doing it in this thread are doing it to help others. Why the others are doing it? Yeah…you’ve got a point.

Last edited by binkinator,

Tinkerbell

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes.

I have a clean nand backup with nothing loaded and no account set up

I have set up my account (as a secondary user) and done a few things carefully in sysnand cfw (hbmenu things)

Can I just restore the nand backup (which has no account registered) or do I need to do a system reset first to remove the account?

idoctorhacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello folks! I'm newbie at switch cfw. It seems like @mrdude sigpatches is most correct for now, right? Also, what is wildcarts.zip in assets? Found here: github/mrdude2478/patches/releases Thanks in advance!

P.S. Had to modify link cuz of my newbie status on forum, sorry(

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
TBH, there's no need to update until games start requiring the new sdk's to be able to play them, or unless some new feature that they need has been added. However human nature dictates that some people just like to have new things to play with and generally if something has a version number that is larger than the one before they want the one with the bigger number.

I used to crack android apps (I still do sometimes) and Spotify was one of the ones I used to do. Quite often Spotify would remove a feature and break stuff in their own apps and even though you'd tell people, they still wanted the new one because it had a larger number (even though it was worse), Go figure that one out! I stopped cracking it in the end because people became demanding and "expected" a cracked version an hour after a new apk was released, I got sick of the complaining when Spotify broke something, and then once you had spend a long time modding the broken app, those people that always want new stuff would blame the hack for being crap. So I know how the devs of Atmosphere and others feel when random users are complaining about "X,Y,Z" not working after they spent a huge chunk of their time giving something to people for free and can't blame them for getting a bit "ratty" in their replies. As for people needing to update all the time - well it's something you should just get used to and ignore if it annoys you, because that is never going to change until every human on the planet is extinct.
Post automatically merged:

Hello folks! I'm newbie at switch cfw. It seems like @mrdude sigpatches is most correct for now, right? Also, what is wildcarts.zip in assets? Found here: github/mrdude2478/patches/releases Thanks in advance!

P.S. Had to modify link cuz of my newbie status on forum, sorry(
If you are using the old version of the app - you click on wildcards database and then the download tab. That updates the wildcards database. In the main program you can now click on WCO tab and then the 15.3.0 sdk version - check the override boxes and you'll be able to generate patches that work. Or you can just update the app as the new fixes are hard coded into it. WCO is just for people that don't want to update the app or for people making/testing there own ips files with thier own patches.

Last edited by mrdude,

idoctorhacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH, there's no need to update until games start requiring the new sdk's to be able to play them, or unless some new feature that they need has been added. However human nature dictates that some people just like to have new things to play with and generally if something has a version number that is larger than the one before they want the one with the bigger number.

I used to crack android apps (I still do sometimes) and Spotify was one of the ones I used to do. Quite often Spotify would remove a feature and break stuff in their own apps and even though you'd tell people, they still wanted the new one because it had a larger number (even though it was worse), Go figure that one out! I stopped cracking it in the end because people became demanding and "expected" a cracked version an hour after a new apk was released, I got sick of the complaining when Spotify broke something, and then once you had spend a long time modding the broken app, those people that always want new stuff would blame the hack for being crap. So I know how the devs of Atmosphere and others feel when random users are complaining about "X,Y,Z" not working after they spent a huge chunk of their time giving something to people for free and can't blame them for getting a bit "ratty" in their replies. As for people needing to update all the time - well it's something you should just get used to and ignore if it annoys you, because that is never going to change until every human on the planet is extinct.
Maybe some people just want to update before games (homebrew or whatever) start requiring latest version to avoid issues in future making them to update? Someone like me just enjoying trying some new stuff for various reasons, checking fresh releases of firmwares, trying to make it work on their end.
However, I don't understand people who urging developers for new releases ASAP because it makes devs feel sad about users. I know what I'm talking about cuz I'm dev too (just not open-source for now). Talking about open-source devs... Damn people, u using stuff from devs for free and really want them to update soft quickly just because you want them to? ... So yes, that's the point I highly agree with you.
I still patiently waiting for confirmed sigpatches, updated atmo (not pre-release), homebrew etc. Would recommend other people to do so or dealing with issues yourself if u know what you are doing or you won't be sad if your switch get breaked.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes.

I have a clean nand backup with nothing loaded and no account set up

I have set up my account (as a secondary user) and done a few things carefully in sysnand cfw (hbmenu things)

Can I just restore the nand backup (which has no account registered) or do I need to do a system reset first to remove the account?
This thread is solely about patches and any issues connected to them which has nothing to do with your question but since nobody else has answered it, I'll give you a response. I'd recommend restoring the clean backup not just to remove the account but to remove any evidence of the things you did in CFW sysMMC.

chonky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'm interested in playing online on Stock sysnand, can't do it if I'm not on the latest version.
Can I just update the sysnand and leave the emunand as it is for the time being?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Well I'm interested in playing online on Stock sysnand, can't do it if I'm not on the latest version.
Can I just update the sysnand and leave the emunand as it is for the time being?
Yep, but remember this new update blows a fuse so you won't be able to downgrade your sysnand again if that happens. You can just make another clean emunand for online play and update that, then you can go online with that.

Reactions: peteruk

chonky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, but remember this new update blows a fuse so you won't be able to downgrade your sysnand again if that happens. You can just make another clean emunand for online play and update that, then you can go online with that.
I'm sorry, you lost me with this!
I planned on updating Atmosphere and Hekate, leaving emunand on 14.1.2, and updating sysnand to 15.0 (in CFW mode), then using it to play online (in Stock mode) like I normally do. Am I missing something?
Also I thought CFW prevented fuses from being blown though I'm not sure if I'd ever have a need for downgrading anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.