Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm sorry, you lost me with this!
I planned on updating Atmosphere and Hekate, leaving emunand on 14.1.2, and updating sysnand to 15.0 (in CFW mode), then using it to play online (in Stock mode) like I normally do. Am I missing something?
Also I thought CFW prevented fuses from being blown though I'm not sure if I'd ever have a need for downgrading anyways.
Atmosphere blocks fuses from blowing. So it should be fine :P

Reactions: impeeza

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Atmosphere blocks fuses from blowing. So it should be fine :P
How many times have you accidentaly pressed the power button and not booted into Atmosphere or Hekate? I've done it a thousand times and it's very easy to do and blow your fuses. That's why it's best to just keep sysnand untouched and use emunand. But Yes I do agree with you that Atmosphere blocks fuses from blowing - but also accidents happen, so it's better to cover all your bases if you can.

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
How many times have you accidentaly pressed the power button and not booted into Atmosphere or Hekate? I've done it a thousand times and it's very easy to do and blow your fuses. That's why it's best to just keep sysnand untouched and use emunand. But Yes I do agree with you that Atmosphere blocks fuses from blowing - but also accidents happen, so it's better to cover all your bases if you can.
it is. I use autorcm personally so it always boots hekate with atmosphere. I only use sysnand.
And I agree, cover is the best way!

Reactions: laz305 and impeeza

chonky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You've got me all paranoid now :(
Well I also use autoRCM, I don't think it's even possible to turn on this console normally without injecting a payload, if that's what you mean (I have tried)
Thanks for all the help friends!

• Haha
Reactions: laz305 and impeeza

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
You've got me all paranoid now :(
Well I also use autoRCM, I don't think it's even possible to turn on this console normally without injecting a payload, if that's what you mean (I have tried)
Thanks for all the help friends!
If you have autorcm on that's fine. But remember it can also cause issues - especially if your sd card becomes corrupted and you can't start your switch and if your battery is flat and the switch is off - it can be a pain to get it to charge again as it will get stuck in a boot loop where when the charger is connected, the switch tries to turn itself on auomatically, then shutdowns and keeps doing this forever. I've had this happen a couple of times in the past and you need to inject a payload to get out of the loop.
Post automatically merged:

Screw it, had some quick spare time to update the patches in the OP.
Current beta patches are now for FW 15.0.0 and Atmosphere 1.4.0 :)
Thank you mrdude for all the hard work!
It wasn't hard work on my part - TBH "that site" provided the FS patches, albeit with one of the ips files being wrong - but still they did provide the offsets and patches so hats off to them for that, and lets give credit where it's due for that.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
FYI for those confused about the patches, this is what they are for:

Loader Patch Required for:
Running NRO Forwarders and Installed homebrews.
Running Installed XCI games.

Loader patch not required to:
Run (some) previously installed NSP. (if valid tickets exist)
Run non installed homebrew.
Install NSP/XCI - (but will not run these if a valid ticket does not exist).

FS Patches required to:
Run installed XCI/NRO forwarders, and will give a corruption error when trying to run the installed XCI or NRO forwarder if no fs patches are applied or are wrong (you will also need to reinstall the game or nro forwarder if this happens).

Fs Patches not required to:
Run installed NSP files with valid tickets.
Run Homebrew
Install NSP/XCI - (with a valid header)

ES Patches are required to:
Run installed NSP
Install NSP files without errors.

ES Patches are NOT required to:
Run installed XCI
Run installed NRO forwarders.
Run homebrew
Install XCI files.

Last edited by mrdude,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FS Patches required to:
Run installed XCI/NRO forwarders, and will give a corruption error when trying to run the installed XCI or NRO forwarder if no fs patches are applied or are wrong (you will also need to reinstall the game or nro forwarder if this happens).

Run Homebrew

Run installed NRO

Run installed XCI
Run homebrew (in applet mode)
Install XCI/NSP files.

Always wondered about this. Thank you for spelling it out!

Reactions: peteruk and mrdude

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

FS Patches required to:

Run Homebrew

Run installed NSP
Install NSP files without errors.

Run installed XCI
Run homebrew
Install XCI files.
added to the tutorial https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-your-own-sigpatches.616288/#post-9896637

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm interested in playing online on Stock sysnand, can't do it if I'm not on the latest version.
Can I just update the sysnand and leave the emunand as it is for the time being?
yes its what I always do they are two separate things. I find it pointless to worry about fuses and all that crap

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought booting into any payload bypassed the fuse thing, even if you launched OFW from hekate? So AutoRCM pretty much protects you. That's separate from the gamecard fuses though.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
But how will I boot SXOS without 11.0.0 then?!?!

🤪
Emunand on 11.0.1.

Actually I keep mine on 11.0.0 - I did have it on 7.0.2, but I accidentally updated and blew a gamecard fuse so was forced to update.....meh! I still use SXOS to update Atmosphere without needing to take the sd card out of the switch, because when you are using sxos you can ftp into the switch and overwrite Atmosphere files because they are not in use and the Atmosphere folder can be removed and reinstalled with a clean version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw