Hacking Sigma Star Saga and EZ4

Ogyukos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have a question about this game and the EZ4 flash cart.

I'm having problems with saving in this game. When saving, it won't create a save file.

I tried patching it using the EZ4 client, assuming it's the latest one, but the game becomes unresponsive when I do so.

Is there a different way to patch the game?

Ogyukos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if no one else tried this out or not.

All the other games I played works and saves fine so I'm not sure if it's just Sigma Star Saga or not.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, the problem is the reset patch. Basically, the reset patch replaces areas where key input is read with a jump to a separate routine to check for the reset key combination and then if it's not found jumps back with the actual key(s) read. The problem is, they apparently didn't test out Sigma Star Saga properly and end up not returning the keys in the right register/destroying other registers (I forget which it is). The solution is simply to disable the reset patch. You can use my sleephack to add back a reset combination, but be warned that you'll get a buzzing sound when you press certain buttons; so, you might want to just accept not having any reset combination. Either that or, I or someone else could get around to making a patch at some point, but that might be in the distant future/never.

Ogyukos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I tried that out earlier and that happened =_=

Guess I'll have to stick with the vba for this one.

Do you know if there are other games that do the same thing?

Ogyukos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean patch the game in without the reset control or just put the game in without any patch?

I tried both and it wouldn't save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7