Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

Starboy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
So I updated from A9LH to Boot9Strap, but there are still a lot of files left over. I deleted the ones in the guide that I could but how can I know what else can or cannot be deleted?
As in I don't know which files before the transfer I still need to keep such as .bin files.

Post a pic of your sd card only than anybody can tell

Sent from my iGadget

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.6 KB · Views: 188
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    11.2 KB · Views: 164

easycrashing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I upgraded my a9lh to boot9strap via 3ds.guide and made a nand backup that I'll keep on 2 HDDs, is this something that could get removed for copyright on dropbox?

anything else i should keep a backup of? i still have my otp.bin backup from doing the guide years ago, plus a bunch of other files that it had me keep a backup of during the guide at that time.

do i still need all these? (attached)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 140
D

Deleted User

I just saw smea tweet about this and knew there will be a 10000 page thread about this. Godspeed 3ds

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BootAnim9 used A9LH, now that we use SigHax which uses a boot.firm, we need a new way to load animations.
Can you link me to a download for bootanim9 that isn't broken. I want to try to see if converting to .firm works or if it needs to actually be updated. If it does work from a simple conversion I will upload the .firm version for you.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the one I used (should be the latest one).
Yeah it doesn't work. My guess is because it's both because it tries to boot arm9payload.bin (which afaik isn't possible anymore due to incompatibility with b9s) and we don't even see an animation because it relies on a9lh to initialize the screen, unlike other a9lh stuff we have that can initialize the screen itself without the help of a9lh (hence being forced to use arm9loaderhax_si.bin).
Edit: A fix for those problems should be fairly simple afaik. Just make it initialize the screen and instead load a .firm file instead of a .bin file

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a problem. I can't dump boot9.bin, boot11.bin and otp.bin, like the guide says. I've tried holding down start + select + X upon boot and nothing happens. I checked the boot9strap folder and nothing is there except for boot9strap.firm, boot9strap.firm.sha and secret_selector.bin.

Is there any way I can do this? I'm using a New 3DS, btw. If it's not working for anyone else, then I guess it's only New 3DS systems that are affected.

What can I do? @Plailect

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...