Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

Starboy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
So I updated from A9LH to Boot9Strap, but there are still a lot of files left over. I deleted the ones in the guide that I could but how can I know what else can or cannot be deleted?
As in I don't know which files before the transfer I still need to keep such as .bin files.

Post a pic of your sd card only than anybody can tell

Sent from my iGadget

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.6 KB · Views: 187
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    11.2 KB · Views: 163

easycrashing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I upgraded my a9lh to boot9strap via 3ds.guide and made a nand backup that I'll keep on 2 HDDs, is this something that could get removed for copyright on dropbox?

anything else i should keep a backup of? i still have my otp.bin backup from doing the guide years ago, plus a bunch of other files that it had me keep a backup of during the guide at that time.

do i still need all these? (attached)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 140
D

Deleted User

I just saw smea tweet about this and knew there will be a 10000 page thread about this. Godspeed 3ds

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BootAnim9 used A9LH, now that we use SigHax which uses a boot.firm, we need a new way to load animations.
Can you link me to a download for bootanim9 that isn't broken. I want to try to see if converting to .firm works or if it needs to actually be updated. If it does work from a simple conversion I will upload the .firm version for you.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the one I used (should be the latest one).
Yeah it doesn't work. My guess is because it's both because it tries to boot arm9payload.bin (which afaik isn't possible anymore due to incompatibility with b9s) and we don't even see an animation because it relies on a9lh to initialize the screen, unlike other a9lh stuff we have that can initialize the screen itself without the help of a9lh (hence being forced to use arm9loaderhax_si.bin).
Edit: A fix for those problems should be fairly simple afaik. Just make it initialize the screen and instead load a .firm file instead of a .bin file

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a problem. I can't dump boot9.bin, boot11.bin and otp.bin, like the guide says. I've tried holding down start + select + X upon boot and nothing happens. I checked the boot9strap folder and nothing is there except for boot9strap.firm, boot9strap.firm.sha and secret_selector.bin.

Is there any way I can do this? I'm using a New 3DS, btw. If it's not working for anyone else, then I guess it's only New 3DS systems that are affected.

What can I do? @Plailect

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlxH_Th3-LI