Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah the file name could be anything, but it would make sense to just stick with arm9loaderhax.bin so people don't get confused when reading a9lh/sighax setup guides.......although I'm sure someone will compile a version that loads sighax.bin for those "sighax masterace" guys who will pop up

I can just imagine the surge of ARRRGHHHHH IM BRICKED!!!!! Threads that just have people saying "did you rename arm9loaderhax.bin to sighax.bin" every thread :rolleyes:

Last edited by gamesquest1,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the file name could be anything, but it would make sense to just stick with arm9loaderhax.bin so people don't get confused when reading a9lh/sighax setup guides.......although I'm sure someone will compile a version that loads sighax.bin for those "sighax masterace" guys who will pop up
>implying "master race" people have any idea how to compile anything

D

Deleted User

imo, i am super excited for sighax. it is the highest we can go in hacking. Plus, we can decrypt games without the console. Hedgeberg has also stated that sighax could potentially let us dump the bootrom on our own, which in turn could increase the effectiveness of Citra

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
>implying "master race" people have any idea how to compile anything
Ok, hexedit the firm to load sighaxloader..bin :P

imo, i am super excited for sighax. it is the highest we can go in hacking. Plus, we can decrypt games without the console. Hedgeberg has also stated that sighax could potentially let us dump the bootrom on our own, which in turn could increase the effectiveness of Citra
Afaik sighax loads after the bootrom lockdown, dumping the bootrom would be dependent on the hardware glitch exploit Unless the act of dumping and examining it reveals some other secret backdoor/bug that allow it to be dumped via some secret function

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need full nand access to write the initial hax signed firm partition, because it only passes the bootrom's check, and not the main firmware's checks (which are better programmed). but once we write our own FIRM, we can make more extensive patches, and update from a special custom firmware update server.

so we can use
1) a9lh
2) hardmod
3) dsiwarehax
4) another arm9 exploit.

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need full nand access to write the initial hax signed firm partition, because it only passes the bootrom's check, and not the main firmware's checks (which are better programmed). but once we write our own FIRM, we can make more extensive patches, and update from a special custom firmware update server.

so we can use
1) a9lh
2) hardmod
3) dsiwarehax
4) another arm9 exploit.
Special Custom Firmware update server? Tbh, I kinda think that would be very hard to do, unless I am wrong. Someone would just need to host a custom domain name server and then go through the trouble of finding Nintendo's update server names, then replacing and recoding everything. Sorry, like I said, imo that seems a bit too complicated for the 3ds hacking scene right now.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Special Custom Firmware update server? Tbh, I kinda think that would be very hard to do, unless I am wrong. Someone would just need to host a custom domain name server and then go through the trouble of finding Nintendo's update server names, then replacing and recoding everything. Sorry, like I said, imo that seems a bit too complicated for the 3ds hacking scene right now.
a luma cfw that updates like nintendo does, sounds kinda cool, that and if it was also added as an option into system settings, almost as if it where legitimately part of the os, pipe dreams but can't a guy dream *looks off dreamyly* lul

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a luma cfw that updates like nintendo does, sounds kinda cool, that and if it was also added as an option into system settings, almost as if it where legitimately part of the os, pipe dreams but can't a guy dream *looks off dreamyly* lul
well of course we all dream. That idea to me seemed farfetched for it to actually work in Luma3DS CFW.

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP, you should add this:

Hedgeberg said:
So, for New 2DS patching, they can do that, but that would mean Nintendo would have to make an entire new CPU or a whole new SSE to make the bootrom compatible and I don't think they would go through the effort of that, especially considering the thing's already cracked. So the odds are low.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Didn't luma 7 allow this already?
In theory Luma3DS should work with sighax, but it's more theoretical than confirmed. Basically the CFW devs know enough about how it works to piece together a launcher for it, but nothing is confirmed until sighax becomes a thing.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In theory Luma3DS should work with sighax, but it's more theoretical than confirmed. Basically the CFW devs know enough about how it works to piece together a launcher for it, but nothing is confirmed until sighax becomes a thing.
uhh...I'm a little lost on why ya quoted that post and said that, we were talking about how luma can patch system apps and the idea of having luma updater built into the 3ds official menus, I'm lost as to the context of the post

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
uhh...I'm a little lost on why ya quoted that post and said that, we were talking about how luma can patch system apps and the idea of having luma updater built into the 3ds official menus, I'm lost as to the context of the post
My apologies, without context (being that I saw that post without any actual reply to it.) I assumed it was related to the Luma 7.0 release.

Reactions: jt_1258

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
but ya, didn't they add to luma in v7 the ability to patch system apps?
They added ROMFS rom patching support directly through Luma3DS. I know that much because I was requested to test it and compile a list of working games for it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: