Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They allowed the patching of system apps in a commit yesterday. Hourlies already have it. This was done because of the SSL-patch the SciresM put out
So wait, what option is it named in the Luma3DS config to patch system apps? I have the latest hourly I believe, not 100% sure, but it was from yesterday's latest hourly.

D

Deleted User

So wait, what option is it named in the Luma3DS config to patch system apps? I have the latest hourly I believe, not 100% sure, but it was from yesterday's latest hourly.
It isn't an option. They just fixed a problem where only games could be patched, so all you have to do now is just but the patches in "SD:/luma/titles/[insert titleid of system app]/"

basically they made it so every title can be patched

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It seems likely that his 2DS (named Greg) has been bricked, it looks like we're back to square one in regards to hardware-wise. But not to worry, all he'll need, is to use a brand new unmodded one and then do all the hardware modifications onto that one instead.

The likely causes for a hardware failure, is over-voltage or ESD damage. Though it's unlikely to be ESD damage, since most hardware modders would always earth themselves by either using a wrist strap connected to an earth point or holding onto something metal that connected to an earth point.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
It seems likely that his 2DS (named Greg) has been bricked, it looks like we're back to square one in regards to hardware-wise. But not to worry, all he'll need, is to use a brand new unmodded one and then do all the hardware modifications onto that one instead.

The likely causes for a hardware failure, is over-voltage or ESD damage. Though it's unlikely to be ESD damage, since most hardware modders would always earth themselves by either using a wrist strap connected to an earth point or holding onto something metal that connected to an earth point.
You sure hedgeberg bricked Greg? Hedge tweeted this among other things after the last stream:

Last edited by zoogie,

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Debugging as in what? Like is this one of her final steps to dump prot_boot9.bin?

Last edited by Deleted member 350372,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Reactions: peteruk

Roboman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait if it's a narrow window how do we make hb to inject the code at the right time? something similar to slowhax?
It's a very narrow window to take control *before* the bottom locks itself. This would only be used for dumping the bootrom.
Sighax does not rely in this tiny window whatsoever.

D

Deleted User

If I understand this correctly, someone needs the bootrom to figure out how it works, then make a sighax installer that can blindly execute the exploit.

ding ding ding! we have a winner!

we already have pretty much everything else for sighax working by now, we just need the bootrom in order to, you know, make the whole thing work.

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're streaming right now
Ooohhh. This better be good! :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They're trying to find out the exact timing to inject the fault and the NAND read tracing should help with that. There is an extremely narrow window in which this will work. That's what hedgeberg means by debugging.
ahh ok. That's good to know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, although sometimes it is still hot even though the clouds are covering the sun (I... +1