Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now you know one person who wants a 3DSXL without the 3D. I've never liked the 3D (it makes me sick (car sick) in about 5 minutes). No game requires 3D and every game looks beautiful in 2D. The only time I enabled 3D was in one level of Super Mario 3D Land, where I didn't want to wait for the floating platforms to move all the way to see which was on top.

N2DSXL is exactly what I want.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This guy, or gal, gets it!!! Ninty is the cheapest console company and has demonstrated this year after year.
Tis a girl mein friend.
Still, I am just applying the same logic they did with the 2DS. Just keep using the hardware they have and calling it a day.
LOL! Thanks. I guess I'm the only one who wanted this. Now, let me rephrase: I would've preferred a N2DSXL that has the same body and layout as my current N3DSXL. Moving speakers, buttons, etc, I'm not a fan.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I figured due to your avatar, but didn't want to assume! ^_^
just gona say that you can click or tap on a user's profile pic and if they set it, it will show gender, practice with me and see what I am :P

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be extremely unlikely though. Nintendo isn't known for thinking ahead and more known for thinking cheap. It would cost more money to add new hardware than it would to just change one chip. The one chip is whatever part is used to tell the OFW "This is a new2DS and not a new3DS, don't softlock!"
True. They could've decided to do some research & spend more money investing into a more secure 3DS system like the 2DS or the N3DS XL, but I can see what you are saying here. xD

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I keep saying it, but Nintendo is cheap. They already have the boards for the new3DS, they aren't going to make a new board for it. Nintendo most likely changed a few chips so the system knows to not do the 3D check and that's about it.
If I can remember correctly, Sony keeps revising their boards every so often for their PSVita, PS3 and PS4. But despite that, they always keep the same SoC (with the changed firmware version). Only problem with Sony's consoles, is that the factory firmware version is hard coded onto their SoC, so it can't be downgraded past the factory installed firmware. And that's mostly what often gets changed within their consoles.

Reactions: Quantumcat

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I asked Hedgeberg if the New 2DS will be patched, how will it be done, and he said something about a CPU editing, and other things, and that nintendo wouldn't go that extra mile...

Also, for people (like me) who thought the bootrom was in the NAND, it isn't...

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i don't even see 3d in real life, so the 3d feature is worthless to me. so with a n2ds, i can avoid paying for something i can't use.

i do feel it is a lil overpriced, though for someone who already got an o2ds.

They might not go through the effort to fix sighax because it's a secondary exploit. (need hardmod, or a primary exploit to install it.)

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just a quick reminder that the only new things that SigHax can do, is fake signing software and obtaining bootrom keys (for decrypting 3DS ROMs without hardware).

Remember that A9LH can already allow for installation of custom operating systems (as long as FIRM0 and FIRM1 partitions remain untouched). SigHax will be no different when it comes to installation of custom OS installation. Just no one really has even bothered to write up some custom OS yet. Besides, it would take quite a long time ^^'

There is nothing extremely special about SigHax, unless you're someone who is eager to develop software or use bootrom keys to decrypt and encrypt ROMs without needing 3DS hardware. But of course, it will be easier to install than A9LH, which will make A9LH redundant.

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick reminder that the only new things that SigHax can do, is fake signing software and obtaining bootrom keys (for decrypting 3DS ROMs without hardware).

Remember that A9LH can already allow for installation of custom operating systems (as long as FIRM0 and FIRM1 partitions remain untouched). SigHax will be no different when it comes to installation of custom OS installation. Just no one really has even bothered to write up some custom OS yet. Besides, it would take quite a long time ^^'

There is nothing extremely special about SigHax, unless you're someone who is eager to develop software or use bootrom keys to decrypt and encrypt ROMs without needing 3DS hardware. But of course, it will be easier to install than A9LH, which will make A9LH redundant.
I'm pretty sure I read keeping A9LH would make it easier to update SigHax(if and when new versions are released). So I don't know why people think A9LH is going to be redundant. Unless I'm missing something new.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm pretty sure I read keeping A9LH would make it easier to update SigHax(if and when new versions are released). So I don't know why people think A9LH is going to be redundant. Unless I'm missing something new.
I start to wonder now who does and doesn't know what's going on, is all this info just information mixed up and a message lost in being passed from person to person, or is it just guessing on what information you have been able to get to. whoever is bringing the true light of information to this all in the end I thank you whoever you are, please I do ask that none of you take this as me questioning what you know and take offense from this

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I start to wonder now who does and doesn't know what's going on, is all this info just information mixed up and a message lost in being passed from person to person, or is it just guessing on what information you have been able to get to. whoever is bringing the true light of information to this all in the end I thank you whoever you are, please I do ask that none of you take this as me questioning what you know and take offense from this
I don't claim to be an expert by any means but I do remember reading what I posted. I can find the post when I get home, I'm at work now.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not A9LH itself, but an A9LH-like bootstrapping setup. That is, the SigHax loader will load arm9loaderhax.bin just like A9LH does today.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4