Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's actually really face it, Nintendo is just going to do the same with their new system that they did with the 2DS. It's just going to be a New3DS crammed into a new shell, nothing else. Maybe a slightly different chip for the display so it doesn't softlock.

And don't forget shitty TN displays! At least the microSDHC card slot is easily accessible!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
And don't forget shitty TN displays! At least the microSDHC card slot is easily accessible!
I might actually buy the system for that reason alone. Fucking unscrewing the new3DS for the MicroSD card kills me on a spiritual level.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might actually buy the system for that reason alone. Fucking unscrewing the new3DS for the MicroSD card kills me on a spiritual level.

I never wanted 3D. This is exactly what I wanted (2DSXL). My issues: (1) hackability, of course, (2) that hinge. Lest we forget about DSLite hinges....., (3) speakers aren't next to the top screen. I guess for wiring purposes they are on the same side as the stylus and headphone jack, (4) does it have any bumpers to hit the top screen or did they finally remove that???

https://www.nintendo.com/2ds/features <---click on back view

That's what micro sd management is for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Transferring content via WiFi on the (N)3/2DS/XL (f*** regex) is slow as heck. The most I've gotten is just over 1MB/s (byte, not bit). It just takes too much time if you're filling up your card. On top of that transferring that way (or via FTP) can easily lead to corruption.

Last edited by OrGoN3,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's what micro sd management is for
If there is one thing I hate, it's managing my files through wifi. Why? Long story.
I never wanted 3D. This is exactly what I wanted (2DSXL). My issues: (1) hackability, of course, (2) that hinge. Lest we forget about DSLite hinges....., (3) speakers aren't next to the top screen. I guess for wiring purposes they are on the same side as the stylus and headphone jack, (4) does it have any bumpers to hit the top screen or did they finally remove that???

https://www.nintendo.com/2ds/features <---click on back view
Yeah, those aren't very promising. But I also need the system to test out hacks. How else am I going to spam what CFWs work if I don't have the system?

Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is one thing I hate, it's managing my files through wifi. Why? Long story.

Yeah, those aren't very promising. But I also need the system to test out hacks. How else am I going to spam what CFWs work if I don't have the system?

Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Just do what I do and stick with spamming Luma3DS :ph34r::ninja:

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Just do what I do and stick with spamming Luma3DS :ph34r::ninja:
I am running 5 CFWs for different devs to test out their shit on. How else are people suppose to know what works, what's safe, etc. if the devs don't have a bitch tester?

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Let's actually really face it, Nintendo is just going to do the same with their new system that they did with the 2DS. It's just going to be a New3DS crammed into a new shell, nothing else. Maybe a slightly different chip for the display so it doesn't softlock.
Or even that.
I never wanted 3D. This is exactly what I wanted (2DSXL)
Really? I guess I'm one of the very few people on Earth that absolutely love using the 3D function. Shame that glasses-free 3D displays hasn't been seen in any more devices, it's like as if it never existed.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
God... this is not about sighax anymore...
It will be! It will be!
Seriously, once sighax is a thing, it's really worth knowing if it will work on their "new" system. And worth knowing if the current cfws will work as well. So yeah, that's my excuse.

Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Active members derailing the SigHax thread for making fun....conversing with one another? Noooooooooooooooooooo.........not in the Temper!!!!! :grog::grog::grog::grog::grog:

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But really though, once sighax comes around, I'm definitely going to use it on both my New 3DS and my normal 3DS.

I wouldn't see a reason to switch right away, unless there is some obvious advantage. 1 second faster booting doesn't matter to me. I don't turn on the 3DS or restart it that often. :shrug:

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So anyone catch their stream? I was busy writing up my essay of a thread, so I completely missed it.
Yeah, I did. And there was a lot of glitching occurring with the 3DS system. There was shutdowns, restarts, and a white screen and all of that. But it is getting close though.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, I did. And there was a lot of glitching occurring with the 3DS system. There was shutdowns, restarts, and a white screen and all of that. But it is getting close though.
Any progress is good progress! I hope they end up leaking the bootrom or someone is able to replicate their results. I am actually slightly shocked it's taking so long. Not complaining, I just remember A9LH was like 3 days after the first announcement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...