Hacking Should I switch back?

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was happy that 1.5 was released but there were a few glitches with it (which has now been resolved). But im not currently satisfied with 1.5 so im planning to go back to 1.4.1. Good idea?

(Btw, does the 1.5 firmware bypass the security on the coming 1.5E/U/J on the DSi)?

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well.... i dunno, probably you have to press X while loading with cheats, some of the games freezes on the loading screen and a few things

(some ppl might think that thats pointless

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) It's a rather silly idea to go back to 1.4.1. 1.5 has better rom performance and the minor problems it had has been resolved quickly. Personally I can't see why you aren't satisfied with 1.5 it's basically the same as 1.4.1 but with improved rom support and without the plugins.

2) AKAIO 1.5 does bollocks all with the next DSi firmware update. The situation is probably going to be like DSi 1.4 update where you have to update the card's internal bootloader.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Twilight Loz said:
So I was happy that 1.5 was released but there were a few glitches with it (which has now been resolved). But im not currently satisfied with 1.5 so im planning to go back to 1.4.1. Good idea?1.4.1 is now obsolete, ancient, outdated.. In other words it's noit being updated anymore, so sticking to it is pointless. There are some problems that need to be fixed, but that is to be expected from such a big release, and there are frequent updates to loaders and wifi.

QUOTE(Twilight Loz @ Sep 29 2009, 05:23 PM) (Btw, does the 1.5 firmware bypass the security on the coming 1.5E/U/J on the DSi)?
AKAIO does no such thing. If the upcoming 1.5 update blocks flashcarts again, it's up to the acekard team to deliver an update.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the 1.5 DSi firmware update, it depends. If NIN includes anything that might "accidently" block legit cards since the current AK2i's firmware contains the header of a legit game, then it might get blocked. It depends on what ideas NIN comes at it next.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.5 is freakin annoying. If I accidentally boot an unknown file, freeze. Sometimes after saving cheats, freeze. Sometimes after going into a folder? Freeze. Hell, I even have DLDI problems with Bunjaloo and such.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why are you people even trying to convince him?

Use 1.5, 1.4, eat your Acekard with butter and a side of pineapple. Who cares about your silly personal problems? The only issue here is why are you compelled to seek justification from strangers before making up your own mind?

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
Why are you people even trying to convince him?

Use 1.5, 1.4, eat your Acekard with butter and a side of pineapple. Who cares about your silly personal problems? The only issue here is why are you compelled to seek justification from strangers before making up your own mind?

Why are you people simply posting for no particular reason?

Post with comments about the original post. Who cares about your silly thoughts about other posts? The only issue here is to switch or not to switch, so why are you compelled to get angry at another one's opinion?

Isn't that the point of a forum? To jot down YOUR ideas, and YOUR experiences to help other people?
--

Personally, I think 1.4 doesn't crash as much as 1.5. I've never really had any game issues.

Just thinking about it, I'm thinking of making the switch back to 1.4.

Twilight Loz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i might switch back coz theres alot of freezes.

Btw, does if you run a homebrew that never worked properly on a 1.4.1 firmware then will it wor properly on a 1.5 (eg, svsip etc)?

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Briankealing said:
It's odd. Bunjalloo would work on 1.4.1 however would not work on 1.5.

I'm pretty sure I've loaded Bunjallo using one of the latest betas just before release and it loaded fine back then.

Try replacing the dldi file with the original acekard one, just in case.

Either way, judging by your other posts looks like you have a corrupted sd and that's what is prolly causing all the freezing and other stuff, no 1.5 itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk