Should I get a SCDS One (SDHC)?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by ojsinnerz., Feb 6, 2008.

Feb 6, 2008
  1. ojsinnerz.
    OP

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    I've been planning to get a flashkart in awhile, but I've cut it down to Edgem cyclo, and the SCDS One SDHC. Since I'm getting an 8 gig Micro sdhc (class 4), would that be fast enough to run games smoothly on the Supercard? Thx.

2. halljames

Member halljames GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yes it would. I have an 8GB Sandisk Class 4, and it works perfectly on the DSOne SDHC

3. cutterjohn

Member cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You MAY still have problems with freezing in Castlevania Portrait of Ruin and some of the other problems games(only one or two of them AFAIK).

Everything else should run just fine though.

(ANY flash cart would have problems with the problem games when run from that 8GB card, as it's random access latency is a birderline what those games tolerate. The absolute best SDHC uSD from all of the testing done, is the A-Data 4GB uSDHC.)

4. ojsinnerz.
    OP

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Thx for the info, but I cannot find an A-data microsdhc in Canada. I've tried finding it on Ebay, but they were from China, so I couldn't trust them. The only thing I could find was Sandisk's.

5. naes

Member naes GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just a quick question while on the topic. Is the Supercard DSOne compatible with the EZflash 3 in 1 so I can play GBA games, have extra RAM and rumble?

6. ojsinnerz.
    OP

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    It is, but you need to patch some stuff, probably. I'm not too sure, but that's what someone told me before.

7. cutterjohn

United States
    Tigerdirect.com used to carry the A-Data 4GB SDHC uSD card, but they were a little more expensive than newegg (c. $30 IIRC), but they had the added benefit of shipping to Canada...

8. ojsinnerz.
    OP

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Thx for the info, but I'll still go with the Sandisk 8 gig instead. It's only about 20 dollars difference, but much more space. I'm not too interested in Castlevania either, so I shouldn't really run into any problems.

9. ojsinnerz.
    OP

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Getting the SCDSONE SDHC next or next next week...

10. retiredjerk

Member retiredjerk GBAtemp Regular

I have pretty much every flash cart out there and i am really liking the dstt for SDHC. im using a 8GB sandisk and it rocks. No problems at all.

11. cutterjohn

United States
    Another thing about the 3in1, just use Rudolph's homberew app. You may as well use his new version, Rudolph's ExpLoader app. To active RAM or Rumble(don't recall if I actually tested this or not), just go to the 3rd page of Rudolph's app and you'll have a selection of Low/Med/High Rumble or RAM Expansion Pack. Just pick one, the app will soft-reset the DS, then just run the Opera browser ROM(no patching needed, I've tested this) or some rumble enabled ROM/app and it should just work with no patching necessary.

[EDIT]
    Sandisk 8GB SDHC, Castlevania was just one of the problematic ROMs, and I don't recall offhand what the other one was. But, like I mentioned before most other things should work fine and the problem ROMs MAY even run fine from the Sandisk as I've seen some unverified reports that they DO work with the Sandisk. Might be nice to test them, and make a post somewhere and/or maybe start a uSD SDHC testing thread in the parent forum here...
    [/EDIT]

12. DespizingU

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah, but the DSTT doesn't have features like real time guide, real time save, and homebrew soft reset. So for these features alone(along with SDHC) I think the original poster is making the right choice. Although the DSTT's loader is faster than the SCDS1's by a couple seconds.

13. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    If you did, then you wouldn't value the DSTT for its SDHC since pretty much all slot-1 flashcarts have support for that now.

14. coolie

Newcomer coolie Advanced Member

United States
    Well, not all. Like the r4ds.
    I ordered one a couple weeks ago and is still waiting for it. I got it at dealextreme for $33 and something. It was a price mistake becasue the price for one each is 33 if you buy like 5 or more. But they fixed the price now.

15. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    At this point in time, the R4 should be considered an outdated cart. Pretty much all competing carts are superior in more than a few ways, and it looks like the R4 Team has no intentions of trying to change that.

16. wozzom

Newcomer wozzom Member

Australia
    Go to dealextreme.com they are da cheapest but they take like a month to dealiver if it is holiday season

17. wozzom

Newcomer wozzom Member

Australia