Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've been planning to get a flashkart in awhile, but I've cut it down to Edgem cyclo, and the SCDS One SDHC. Since I'm getting an 8 gig Micro sdhc (class 4), would that be fast enough to run games smoothly on the Supercard? Thx.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You MAY still have problems with freezing in Castlevania Portrait of Ruin and some of the other problems games(only one or two of them AFAIK).

Everything else should run just fine though.

(ANY flash cart would have problems with the problem games when run from that 8GB card, as it's random access latency is a birderline what those games tolerate. The absolute best SDHC uSD from all of the testing done, is the A-Data 4GB uSDHC.)

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You MAY still have problems with freezing in Castlevania Portrait of Ruin and some of the other problems games(only one or two of them AFAIK).

Everything else should run just fine though.

(ANY flash cart would have problems with the problem games when run from that 8GB card, as it's random access latency is a birderline what those games tolerate. The absolute best SDHC uSD from all of the testing done, is the A-Data 4GB uSDHC.)

Thx for the info, but I cannot find an A-data microsdhc in Canada. I've tried finding it on Ebay, but they were from China, so I couldn't trust them. The only thing I could find was Sandisk's.

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question while on the topic. Is the Supercard DSOne compatible with the EZflash 3 in 1 so I can play GBA games, have extra RAM and rumble?

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tigerdirect.com used to carry the A-Data 4GB SDHC uSD card, but they were a little more expensive than newegg (c. $30 IIRC), but they had the added benefit of shipping to Canada...

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thx for the info, but I'll still go with the Sandisk 8 gig instead. It's only about 20 dollars difference, but much more space. I'm not too interested in Castlevania either, so I shouldn't really run into any problems.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
I have pretty much every flash cart out there and i am really liking the dstt for SDHC. im using a 8GB sandisk and it rocks. No problems at all.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing about the 3in1, just use Rudolph's homberew app. You may as well use his new version, Rudolph's ExpLoader app. To active RAM or Rumble(don't recall if I actually tested this or not), just go to the 3rd page of Rudolph's app and you'll have a selection of Low/Med/High Rumble or RAM Expansion Pack. Just pick one, the app will soft-reset the DS, then just run the Opera browser ROM(no patching needed, I've tested this) or some rumble enabled ROM/app and it should just work with no patching necessary.

[EDIT]
Sandisk 8GB SDHC, Castlevania was just one of the problematic ROMs, and I don't recall offhand what the other one was. But, like I mentioned before most other things should work fine and the problem ROMs MAY even run fine from the Sandisk as I've seen some unverified reports that they DO work with the Sandisk. Might be nice to test them, and make a post somewhere and/or maybe start a uSD SDHC testing thread in the parent forum here...
[/EDIT]

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have pretty much every flash cart out there and i am really liking the dstt for SDHC. im using a 8GB sandisk and it rocks. No problems at all.

Yeah, but the DSTT doesn't have features like real time guide, real time save, and homebrew soft reset. So for these features alone(along with SDHC) I think the original poster is making the right choice. Although the DSTT's loader is faster than the SCDS1's by a couple seconds.

coolie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, not all. Like the r4ds.
I ordered one a couple weeks ago and is still waiting for it. I got it at dealextreme for $33 and something. It was a price mistake becasue the price for one each is 33 if you buy like 5 or more. But they fixed the price now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: