Hacking Should I buy another PS3?

sandytf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 60GB launch model that I haven't touched in years and a slim still in the box. Both systems are < 3.55 and are 100% stock. I would like to start playing PS3 games, but I'm not sure what would be the best approach. I have no interest in playing games online, but I do need access to DLC and game updates. Originally, I was thinking of reserving my two current systems for CFW and buying a new PS3 for games that have DLC. Buying games really isn't a problem. My main motivation for CFW is to ensure I have access to every PS3 game, even if Sony one day takes that content off of it's servers. While I can afford another PS3, I would prefer to save the money if there is a better solution. The ideal solution would be purchasing and downloading content to my PC and then transferring it to a PS3, but that doesn't seem possible.

I forgot to mention that it may be several years before I get to many of the PS3 titles currently in my "To Be Played" queue. That is why I always make sure to have at least one backup console for every system.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry about DLC and game updates, when using CFW you can install that stuff your self. You really only need one PS3 for cfw, but if you got the funds then I'd go for a new one and install cfw to the other two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1