ShopTemp (V1) R.I.P.

Zhanli

Trophies
XP
Country
The site will be missed
frown.gif

It's not often you find these kinds of websites that you can truely trust.

I posted to pay my respects.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm, I always thought Costello made ShopTemp by cooperating with some people in China. Well, I just assumed it really.
Too bad it has to go, guess everyone will have to resort to more expensive sites, since DX doesn't sell flashcarts anymore either...

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can see Costello being the big cheese in a crime syndicate in China. Up in a big skyscraper where there's another house on top of the roof where he sleeps in. He wears a white suit with a white hat and pinstripes on the suits and what not. And he has thousands of bodyguards. And he sits in his big comfy leather chair, turns around to face the big glass window looking out on the city he's in, lights his cigar, and talks out loud to his personal assistant:

"impudent little ants. they don't realize I own the internet. Every site selling them flashcards is owned by me. And they have no idea. And they finally found a good site they trust and are willing to spend their cash on. Close ShopTemp, that way they'll be forced to pay extra on other sites. I'll make millions of dollars. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing quite that elaborate I'm afraid.
tongue.gif
An individual in the flash cart market approached Costello about a partnership. They gave us complete transparency so that we could, in good conscience, recommend the shop to our members. They also let us do the design and whatnot. They were a totally separate entity in every other respect though, just one we trusted fully that provided us with a payment (like the previous affiliates) in order to keep GBAtemp running at 110%. It also allowed us to partner with a site that we knew could serve the community well, someone we could trust.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorrycostello said:
Hmm, I always thought Costello made ShopTemp by cooperating with some people in China. Well, I just assumed it really.
Too bad it has to go, guess everyone will have to resort to more expensive sites, since DX doesn't sell flashcarts anymore either...

PriceAngel. DX knockoff, REALLY FUGGIN' CHEAP.

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap! And excuse me for that...

This really sucks! I didn't even have time to get a new DS and a new flash cart! Better start looking for another shop with awesome prices and free shipping

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
shoptemp created a golden moment towards the end of the slot-1 hobby. the team was honest, shipping was quick, responses were in english, prices were good, and you had the added support of a gbatemp hosted sub-forum for specific questions. there will NEVER be another shop like this and those of us that experienced it should consider ourselves lucky.

this is about the same feeling as when some popular gba flash kit sites shut down. i was using homebrew then, i'm using it now, and i’ll continue to hack my systems to use it in the future!

fuck the man for assuming we all blatantly pirate hundreds of roms. i didn't even know that n. american roms aren't being dumped any longer until someone mentioned it yesterday. i haven't cared to play a ds game in over a year. my rom collection consists of 60 titles (strategically picked) for flash kit testing.

i'm rambling like an old man.

the new shoptemp project should be really great. we have some wonderful ideas. there will be opportunities for everyone to get involved at some point, making it an expansion of the gbatemp community. look forward to it!

-another world

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DsHacker14 said:
Man! I ordered a supercard DSTwo like.. on Nov 20th. I hope it comes. It's truly sad to see it go.. It was like the only flashcart site I trusted.
frown.gif

You will. This only started happening like beginning of December. It just might take a while to get to you, for obvious reasons.

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
I can see Costello being the big cheese in a crime syndicate in China. Up in a big skyscraper where there's another house on top of the roof where he sleeps in. He wears a white suit with a white hat and pinstripes on the suits and what not. And he has thousands of bodyguards. And he sits in his big comfy leather chair, turns around to face the big glass window looking out on the city he's in, lights his cigar, and talks out loud to his personal assistant:

"impudent little ants. they don't realize I own the internet. Every site selling them flashcards is owned by me. And they have no idea. And they finally found a good site they trust and are willing to spend their cash on. Close ShopTemp, that way they'll be forced to pay extra on other sites. I'll make millions of dollars. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

laugh.gif
I lol'd. That stuff is golden! Hes the Al Capone of the flashcart scene!

vanillakokakola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damnit, I was just about to grab an Acekard for my sister. Are there any other reliable sites that I can use?

Edit: In case anyone else is curious, I followed someone's link from earlier and gamesyeah.com has an Acekard for the $14.99 price (in awesome looking Christmas packaging to boot)

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, quick question. If Tempmas was cancelled, can't GBATemp just hop on over to another site? I recall they had a sponsor listing a while back of people to buy from.
unsure.gif
I'm not sure how these things really work out but I remember you guys used to have connections to people like Gamekool, 4Coolday, Gamezway, etc. I was really looking forward to a Tempmas contest not for the prizes, but just for a fun gathering of this community. A lack of that really makes me want to retire even more after Christmas.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
They tended to take the advertising spots and then not actually send out the prizes.

Really? That's news to me, because I've had dealings with most sponsors, holding things like private raffles and whatnot, and both of them fulfilled their end of the deal.
unsure.gif

Calamity James

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.calamityjames.co.uk
XP
Country
DsHacker14 said:
Man! I ordered a supercard DSTwo like.. on Nov 20th. I hope it comes. It's truly sad to see it go.. It was like the only flashcart site I trusted.
frown.gif
Yeah, you'll be fine, I ordered on the 24th November and my order arrived on the 7th (not with free shipping btw!)

Shame to see you go ShopTemp, their customer support was excellent, and the Xmas Shipping option was actually amazingly quick from China!

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman but what will happen with the store credit we have NOW .

For example

I have 27.95 of store credit.

So , what will happen with our store credit the credit we have NOW, will it be available on Shoptemp (V2), or can we make a transfer to our paypal or are we simply gonna lose the store credit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo