ShopTemp (V1) R.I.P.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ryukouki said:
Rydian said:
They tended to take the advertising spots and then not actually send out the prizes.

Really? That's news to me, because I've had dealings with most sponsors, holding things like private raffles and whatnot, and both of them fulfilled their end of the deal.
unsure.gif

Just because you've had a positive experience doesn't mean you should assume the same for everyone else.

http://gbatemp.net/t210257-gbatemp-disapproves

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=264251&hl=

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
naruses said:
Ace Gunman but what will happen with the store credit we have NOW .

For example

I have 27.95 of store credit.

So , what will happen with our store credit the credit we have NOW, will it be available on Shoptemp (V2), or can we make a transfer to our paypal or are we simply gonna lose the store credit.

This is comparable to you asking the manager of your local Independent store if you can still use your store credit, after the building's collapsed...

I think it'd be more than understandable if the money's gone for good, otherwise everyone I'm sure will be notified of how they can claim their funds at some point..

But if I were you I'd assume that it's gone.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=264251

That's one, there was another I think. GBAtemp's been cheated in deals like this multiple times (and some sites like ndscards@le were hijacking forum accounts to spam ads here at other times), that's part of the reason shoptemp came into existence, because they needed a shop they could trust.

EDIT: This was at Ryukouki, I just left the page open too long before posting.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo, the Grinch who stole Tempmas. Anyway, we should still hold a Tempmas. Is Shoptemp closing all together, or are they still selling the Dingoo, and other devices? I'm asking, because I can still add items to my Cart....

thejokerss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can we at least use our store credit to buy some cards?

I am sure they are sitting on a huge stock of flashcards atm, least they can do is repay those who helped them get this big and profitable get a flashcard in return

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dice said:
Ryukouki said:
Rydian said:
They tended to take the advertising spots and then not actually send out the prizes.

Really? That's news to me, because I've had dealings with most sponsors, holding things like private raffles and whatnot, and both of them fulfilled their end of the deal.
unsure.gif

Just because you've had a positive experience doesn't mean you should assume the same for everyone else.

http://gbatemp.net/t210257-gbatemp-disapproves

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=264251&hl=

Ahhh, I remember when those topics came out. Yeah, I see what you mean now. It's really a shame that there's no fun little contest to get into the spirit this year... unless you count my raffle.
tongue.gif

Jaylen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I only have one question.

Who SNITCHED...?

rats arent supposed to make it throught the rat trap, when you see 'em, how you greet 'em make that gat clap.
cat naps are for cats, so i dont take them, cool on the move, when you move let me shake him.

okay that aside...seriously, im tired of honest pirates, getting the bad hand and the middle finger because of this.
we should screen all new joiners to gbatemp and block ourselves from google search...underground is where shoptemp needs to go. we should make it a black market gig. and not let the feds in on it this time...

all tangents aside, im going to miss shoptemp. it was a respectable site, for my non-respectable behavior. im not admitting to piracy, because i own all my games...but i really do hate looking like a geek with all my games in a nintendo ds looking purse. no homo.
so flashcards are only logical. and plus homebrew is where it is at and corporations should stop with their greed and hatred for humanity...and we should all just live in peace and stop dying...lol

TO SHOPTEMP, Version 1
REST IN PEACE...

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, they're not taking ANY orders at all. The completely shut down. It's 100% dead. It even says so on the site they're no longer taking orders. Even if you have store credit, you can't use it.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I expected this. You take a flashcard seller, affiliate it with a wellknown and popular site, this happens. You open the shop up to insane amounts of traffic, and thus, many, many people know about it. No one even had to snitch, as you put it. All it took was a simple google search for GBAtemp, see that they flaunted Shoptemp a little too much, and bam. C&D sent. I expected this to happen, really.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shinkukage09 said:
Honestly, I expected this. You take a flashcard seller, affiliate it with a wellknown and popular site, this happens. You open the shop up to insane amounts of traffic, and thus, many, many people know about it. No one even had to snitch, as you put it. All it took was a simple google search for GBAtemp, see that they flaunted Shoptemp a little too much, and bam. C&D sent. I expected this to happen, really.
Since the site opened in April 6th and shipped their final orders around December 6th, they made a bit more than 23000 total orders.
Some rough math, in the 8 months (244 days) they operated then they made about 94 sales a day.

It's true though, GBAtemp are pretty much known as the go-to-guys for flashcarts.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RupeeClock said:
shinkukage09 said:
Since the site opened in April 6th and shipped their final orders around December 6th, they made a bit more than 23000 total orders.
Some rough math, in the 8 months (244 days) they operated then they made about 94 sales a day.

It's true though, GBAtemp are pretty much known as the go-to-guys for flashcarts.

Well, I placed an order before they announced this, and on their site before the notice was up, and this was the order number:

D

Deleted User

ShadowSoldier said:
Guys, they're not taking ANY orders at all. The completely shut down. It's 100% dead. It even says so on the site they're no longer taking orders. Even if you have store credit, you can't use it.

Really sucks for those who spent weeks building credit/referals
frown.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Well, I placed an order before they announced this, and on their site before the notice was up, and this was the order number:
Tell me how you order turns out, since I ordered mine about 200 orders before yours and what applies to yours might apply to mine.

Well it's close. I ordered my stuff little before 3:21am PST. And this topic, was created at 7:39am PST. So it's damn tough to tell if I'll get my stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍