Ship of Harkinian (Ocarina of Time) Wii U Port

This is a port of Ship of Harkinian to the Wii U. Ship of Harkinian is a PC port of Ocarina of Time allowing you to enjoy the game with modern controls, widescreen, high-resolution, and other great features!
Check out the awesome project here!

Quick Start

• Requires a supported copy of the game (See supported games below).
The instructions below haven't been updated in a while. Join the official Discord for updated builds and support.

Releases:

1. Download the Khan Charlie 6.1.2 .zip from here or the #downloads channel on the official Discord.
  2. Download the PC OTRGui version from here.
  3. Use OTRGui to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC version, you can use that as well.
  4. Copy the oot.otr file to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Nightly Builds:
:!:
The nightly builds come with up-to-date features, but are experimental. Use at your own risk.
  1. Download the latest soh-wiiu and soh-windows artifact.
  2. Use OTRGui from the soh-windows.zip to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC nightly version, you can use that as well.
  3. Copy the oot.otr file and the contents of the soh-wiiu.zip to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Supported Games

Ocarina of Time Debug (not Master Quest)
Currently the recommended option
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:49:18` (year-month-day)
sha1: cee6bc3c2a634b41728f2af8da54d9bf8cc14099
Ocarina of Time PAL GameCube
May lead to crashes and instability
Code:
sha1: 0227d7c0074f2d0ac935631990da8ec5914597b4
Ocarina of Time Debug PAL GC MQ
Dungeons will be Master Quest
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:16:31` (year-month-day)
sha1: 079b855b943d6ad8bd1eb026c0ed169ecbdac7da (Produced by decomp)
sha1: 50bebedad9e0f10746a52b07239e47fa6c284d03 (Alternate)

:download:Download (Release Khan Charlie 6.1.2)
:arrow:Changelog
:download:Downloads (Nighly)
:arrow:Source code

TODO

Known bugs and issues

Let me know if there are any bugs or issues while playing the game. If these have not been reported yet, consider opening an issue on the GitHub repository.

Missing features​

• Three-point filtering
  • MSAA (pretty pointless on Wii U)
Credits

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is but the performance with 60 FPS is garbage. Give the developers time to better the performance.
I just read that the high frame rate option was added. The first post doesn't explain how to play that version. I got the latest rpx (nightly build) and created the config file but something is wrong because it's still sub-30fps. The config file is well created because I tried setting the game to French.

EDIT:

EDIT:

Apples and oranges. A PC is way more powerfull than a Wii U.
I know that PCs are more powerful than Wii U but I think that Wii U can run a native N64 port at 60fps.

EDIT 2: It worked now with "gInterpolationFPS = 60". Thank you for this wonderful port, GaryOderNichts.

Last edited by Waveracer,

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
For those whose game starts just fine showing the Oot Ship of Harkinian screen and then it goes to black, I recommend changing the SD adapter. I was having problems with this port and Nuspli and I thought the oot.tr was the problem. Now the game runs flawless and so does Nuspli.

Vos14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any plans in the near future to be able to play as the 3DS character Link?. I have seen some videos that have this mod but for the WII console

nihilancheb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone upload their wii u cvars file? Any edit I make to mine doesn't work and I'm trying to find out why. I've followed the instructions in the OP and I've copy and pasted some of the ones listed in this thread and nothing works.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, sorry for not posting any updates here in a while.
This project is not dead at all though! There have been several added features in the nightly builds.
The latest builds even include the ImGui menu from the PC version!

You no longer need to manually edit any files, just press the "-" button to open the menu.

I updated the OP with updated instructions for the nightlies.

nihilancheb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gDisableLOD = 0
gDebugEnabled = 0
gPauseLiveLink = 1
gMinimalUI = 0
gRumbleEnabled = 1
gUniformLR = 1
gNewDrops = 1
gDekuNutUpgradeFix = 1
gTwoHandedIdle = 1
gVisualAgony = 0
gLanguages = 0
gTextSpeed = 3
gDpadPauseName = 1
gDpadOcarinaText = 1
gDpadShop = 1
gFixDungeonMinimapIcon = 1
gTextureFilter = 0
As mentioned in my post, none of the settings people pasted here have worked for me, including that one. I was trying to narrow down the issue but simply using some else's .cfg file. I suppose it doesn't matter anymore because the OP has made an in-game UI like the PC version just now.

nihilancheb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I updated the game and get as far as file select but when I select my save, the audio goes choppy for a second and then infinite black screen, the game no longer loads.

nihilancheb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works fine for me. Do you have any enhancements enabled?
I don't. I think I'll just go ahead and do a full reinstall of everything and see if it helps. Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Did a fresh reinstall of everything and now it works with the latest nightly build (so far). Thanks for your hard work! @GaryOderNichts

Last edited by nihilancheb,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A