Ship of Harkinian (Ocarina of Time) Wii U Port

This is a port of Ship of Harkinian to the Wii U. Ship of Harkinian is a PC port of Ocarina of Time allowing you to enjoy the game with modern controls, widescreen, high-resolution, and other great features!
Check out the awesome project here!

Quick Start

• Requires a supported copy of the game (See supported games below).
The instructions below haven't been updated in a while. Join the official Discord for updated builds and support.

Releases:

1. Download the Khan Charlie 6.1.2 .zip from here or the #downloads channel on the official Discord.
  2. Download the PC OTRGui version from here.
  3. Use OTRGui to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC version, you can use that as well.
  4. Copy the oot.otr file to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Nightly Builds:
:!:
The nightly builds come with up-to-date features, but are experimental. Use at your own risk.
  1. Download the latest soh-wiiu and soh-windows artifact.
  2. Use OTRGui from the soh-windows.zip to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC nightly version, you can use that as well.
  3. Copy the oot.otr file and the contents of the soh-wiiu.zip to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Supported Games

Ocarina of Time Debug (not Master Quest)
Currently the recommended option
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:49:18` (year-month-day)
sha1: cee6bc3c2a634b41728f2af8da54d9bf8cc14099
Ocarina of Time PAL GameCube
May lead to crashes and instability
Code:
sha1: 0227d7c0074f2d0ac935631990da8ec5914597b4
Ocarina of Time Debug PAL GC MQ
Dungeons will be Master Quest
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:16:31` (year-month-day)
sha1: 079b855b943d6ad8bd1eb026c0ed169ecbdac7da (Produced by decomp)
sha1: 50bebedad9e0f10746a52b07239e47fa6c284d03 (Alternate)

:download:Download (Release Khan Charlie 6.1.2)
:arrow:Changelog
:download:Downloads (Nighly)
:arrow:Source code

TODO

Known bugs and issues

Let me know if there are any bugs or issues while playing the game. If these have not been reported yet, consider opening an issue on the GitHub repository.

Missing features​

• Three-point filtering
  • MSAA (pretty pointless on Wii U)
Credits

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No. It can't.
The closer thing would be injecting rom hacks with qol improvements. However, there's no way to tweak the game the way SoH does on og wii.
Sorry.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's from the original Discord source, you'll get a RPX, a WUHB, and a readme TXT.

The most recent version as of today, is 5.1.2.
I am on the soh discord channel actually. I was trying to test my Linux build of soh then. Can't really test anything on wsl, so I'd need someone to test it just like with sonic mania.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am on the soh discord channel actually. I was trying to test my Linux build of soh then. Can't really test anything on wsl, so I'd need someone to test it just like with sonic mania.
Please count me in. I could set me up a Linux distro, I've used Fedora long time ago and Ubuntu for a very short period.

Reactions: godreborn

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just updated to 5.1.2 and as someone else mentioned it is snowing in game, that's very cool. It also loads up so much quicker, which is really great.

One small change that bothers me is how if we change the colors on the File Select screen for the A-Decide and B-Cancel, this is now linked directly with the entire File Select box's color right above that. So you change everything instead of just the words on the bottom which is all I'd like to change on that screen. But really this is such a non-issue, that it's really not a big deal, the default color is more than fine for that screen.

Reactions: GaryOderNichts

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sohTitles17-BradleyDelta.webp

Bradley Delta 5.1.3 has been released!
:download: Download

Sorry to everyone who just updated again :P

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No worries, having installed it as a channel on my USB drive, it's real easy to update via FTP and overwriting the .rpx file in it's respective code folder. Took maybe a minute if that, and didn't even have to get up from where I was sitting to do it haha.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Just yesterday started playing it on my PC with the 5.1.2 version.

1. How can I transfer my savefile to this version?
2. Do I need to rebuild the oot.otr file again?

Nvm, just keeped it simple. copied the Saves folder and all the config files to the new location, everything's working fine.

Just a question, why is snowing inside dungeons and houses? :wtf:

Thank you @GaryOderNichts, awesome job!!!

Last edited by CMDreamer,

HeadstrongWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb question. (I have lots of those.)

When SOH gets updated, do I have to recompile the game from the debug rom, or am I able to just drag the SOH.RPX file to the SD and replace it? (Currently on bradley bravo)

Extremely excited this project has developed so much since it first started. I haven't checked on this in months and now it's actually playable to some degree. When I first tested this, I couldn't get passed the deku tree without crashes. The customization is impeccable.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb question. (I have lots of those.)

When SOH gets updated, do I have to recompile the game from the debug rom, or am I able to just drag the SOH.RPX file to the SD and replace it? (Currently on bradley bravo)

Extremely excited this project has developed so much since it first started. I haven't checked on this in months and now it's actually playable to some degree. When I first tested this, I couldn't get passed the deku tree without crashes. The customization is impeccable.
If you look at the release notes GaryOrderNichts leaves with each updated release, he'll tell you if you need to update your .otr files or not. If you're many updates between now and when you last updated, just check back from each release notes from when you last updated through each update until the current update. If no mention of needing to update your .otr files occurs in any of those releases, then you're good to keep using the .otr file(s) you have.

Reactions: HeadstrongWolf

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was trying to test my Linux build of soh then. Can't really test anything on wsl
Stupid question but why are you compiling for youself when you can't use the result? Normally people are compiling themselfes cause of either incompatibilities of the provided binary with their operating system or cause they don't trust the source hasn't been altered for the binary. In both cases you should compile for Windows instead of Linux...?

In case you do it for science/learning purposes you still should learn how to compile stuff for what you use, so either compile for Windows or install Linux (as a dual boot option beside Windows) on your PC.
I mean why learn things you never need...?

Please don't get me wrong, not trying to be mean, just trying to understand your reasons.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question but why are you compiling for youself when you can't use the result? Normally people are compiling themselfes cause of either incompatibilities of the provided binary with their operating system or cause they don't trust the source hasn't been altered for the binary. In both cases you should compile for Windows instead of Linux...?

In case you do it for science/learning purposes you still should learn how to compile stuff for what you use, so either compile for Windows or install Linux (as a dual boot option beside Windows) on your PC.
I mean why learn things you never need...?

Please don't get me wrong, not trying to be mean, just trying to understand your reasons.
well, the fun comes from being able to figure out how to compile things for various systems. that's the reason I compiled soh, sm64, and sonic mania for so many systems. though, I could test most with both original hardware or emulators if the hardware wasn't available. I really don't want to install a separate linux, because then I'll have to start over with everything that's installed. some of this stuff took quite some time, like the ps3 sdk took about three hours to compile. these wsl distros are the things I want to keep the most through acronis, because they have served me very well. maybe on my next computer I'll install linux, but I don't really want to on this one for those reasons.
Post automatically merged:

BTW, I looked, and I think soh for Linux got lost, because I couldn't find it anywhere.

Last edited by godreborn,

MaddaddyDonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The rumble feature doesnt work on the Wii u pro controller when settings are enabled to auto… when setting in controller configuration to Wii U pro controller it does work then, but not when auto is on…
I’m also curious if its possible to play with a original n64 controller with rumble pack?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Lol