Ship of Harkinian (Ocarina of Time) Wii U Port

This is a port of Ship of Harkinian to the Wii U. Ship of Harkinian is a PC port of Ocarina of Time allowing you to enjoy the game with modern controls, widescreen, high-resolution, and other great features!
Check out the awesome project here!

Quick Start

• Requires a supported copy of the game (See supported games below).
The instructions below haven't been updated in a while. Join the official Discord for updated builds and support.

Releases:

1. Download the Khan Charlie 6.1.2 .zip from here or the #downloads channel on the official Discord.
  2. Download the PC OTRGui version from here.
  3. Use OTRGui to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC version, you can use that as well.
  4. Copy the oot.otr file to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Nightly Builds:
:!:
The nightly builds come with up-to-date features, but are experimental. Use at your own risk.
  1. Download the latest soh-wiiu and soh-windows artifact.
  2. Use OTRGui from the soh-windows.zip to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC nightly version, you can use that as well.
  3. Copy the oot.otr file and the contents of the soh-wiiu.zip to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Supported Games

Ocarina of Time Debug (not Master Quest)
Currently the recommended option
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:49:18` (year-month-day)
sha1: cee6bc3c2a634b41728f2af8da54d9bf8cc14099
Ocarina of Time PAL GameCube
May lead to crashes and instability
Code:
sha1: 0227d7c0074f2d0ac935631990da8ec5914597b4
Ocarina of Time Debug PAL GC MQ
Dungeons will be Master Quest
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:16:31` (year-month-day)
sha1: 079b855b943d6ad8bd1eb026c0ed169ecbdac7da (Produced by decomp)
sha1: 50bebedad9e0f10746a52b07239e47fa6c284d03 (Alternate)

:download:Download (Release Khan Charlie 6.1.2)
:arrow:Changelog
:download:Downloads (Nighly)
:arrow:Source code

TODO

Known bugs and issues

Let me know if there are any bugs or issues while playing the game. If these have not been reported yet, consider opening an issue on the GitHub repository.

Missing features​

• Three-point filtering
  • MSAA (pretty pointless on Wii U)
Credits

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.0.1 was released which fixes a crash in the shadow temple for Wii U among some other minor things.

ZHORA_BRAVO_CHANGELOG.png

Download here: https://downloads.shipofharkinian.com/shared/SoH-Zhora-Bravo-WiiU.zip
Hey, is it possible to have 2 builds on your Wii U at the same time? I want a homebrew app for regular OOT and another for Master Quest, but from what I can tell they both read the same .otr from the same location making it impossible to have 2 on the device at the same time.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just updating my SOH for PC/Switch/WiiU, all working except for Wii U. it gives me an error about not using the PC OTR file? i don't recall seeing this error before i had an older version working fine until 4.0.1 update.

Am i missing something?

Disregard it was the forwarder i was using. works fine from mii channel -> homebrew menu on tiramisu.

Last edited by VashTS,

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, is it possible to have 2 builds on your Wii U at the same time? I want a homebrew app for regular OOT and another for Master Quest, but from what I can tell they both read the same .otr from the same location making it impossible to have 2 on the device at the same time.
Not possible right now

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To change the camera controls (inverted x/y axis), go to enhancements->controls->customize game controls. You get the option to invert the camera there.

What I can't find is the option to change the camera sensitivity, I swear the option used to exist but I can't find it 😅 I can only find the one for Gyro sensitivity.
thank you.
Though, it's one of my issues too, I don't have these options.
I guess it's a Switch issue only then.

In the enhancement menu, I see the "controls", but I can't open sub-menu with the options inside.
Maybe it'll be fixed on next releases :)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible for someone to update/remake the channel that replaces the .rpx with an installable WUP folder to work with SOH version 4.0.1? I prefer to have the icon on the Wii U menu along with a working home menu rather than entering and exiting to HBL. I would do it myself but I don’t know how to convert .rpx homebrew to WUP

Reactions: cyb0rg

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would it be possible for someone to update/remake the channel that replaces the .rpx with an installable WUP folder to work with SOH version 4.0.1?
No need to update anything, just use this forwarder instead of a channel: https://github.com/V10lator/sohwf/releases/tag/v1.0

//EDIT: The difference between a channel and a forwarder is that a channel embeds the .rpx file, so you need to update the channel every time the .rpx gets an update. A forwarder launches the .rpx on your SD card instead, so all you need to do is replace the .rpx file on your SD card.

Reactions: Lostbhoy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to update anything, just use this forwarder instead of a channel: https://github.com/V10lator/sohwf/releases/tag/v1.0

//EDIT: The difference between a channel and a forwarder is that a channel embeds the .rpx file, so you need to update the channel every time the .rpx gets an update. A forwarder launches the .rpx on your SD card instead, so all you need to do is replace the .rpx file on your SD card.
Thanks for the info👍. I did not end up using the forwarder but you mentioning replacing the .rpx file in the sd card made me eventually realize that I can do the same with the old channel version I have on my USB drive using FTPiiU Everywhere. So now instead of replacing the soh.rpx on the sd card, I just have to replace the soh.rpx file in the GAMEID/code/ folder.

Not saying the forwarder is bad. Just throwing this out as a different option that I discovered for those who still have the old channel and want to upgrade to newer versions of SOH

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, there is an option under the layout editor to change the placement and scale of your buttons on the screen. Moving the buttons is easy and works brilliantly, but I'm not seeing any option to actually scale the buttons, is this just not implemented yet, or am I missing it?

Also, is there a way to change the color of the C-buttons on screen independently of the images of the C-buttons that appear on the bottom of the screen when you play a song on the ocarina? Seems like the color is linked between them, not the biggest of deals, but it would be nice if I could make their image different in the music since I have them mapped independently to the D-Pad with that option and I'd like to differentiate between the different buttons if possible. Not a big deal obviously, would just be nice.

Finally, I'm trying to build a separate version to read Master Quest from a different location on the Wii U so that I could have both builds at once on my system, and I've changed the file information appropriately to direct to a different location as intended, but I'm having problem compiling because powershell is like refusing to recognize I've installed cmake or something. I have never had luck with compiling, but I really want to make this happen, so if anyone can help me in some regard here, I'd really appreciate it.

beldub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hello so have this port up and running on my wiiu - one question can anyone tell me or point me in direction of how to config the controller on this wiiu port? Specifically trying to map an original n64 controller !
I bought a wiiu to n64 adaptor which seems to work

Its works - stick for movement etc but not all buttons are mapped

Look up on eBay if interested "[raphnet] N64 controller to Wiimote adapter"

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@beldub The Raphnet ones are great but a bit overkill for the Wii U. Mayflash is cheaper. Anyway, to map the buttons press - (on the gamepad), then select (touch menu) Settings -> Controller -> Controller Configuration.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@beldub The Raphnet ones are great but a bit overkill for the Wii U. Mayflash is cheaper. Anyway, to map the buttons press - (on the gamepad), then select (touch menu) Settings -> Controller -> Controller Configuration.
Also be sure to have dev menu set to y in the settings ini?

Edit...

SORRY!! Wrong game *facepalm* :blush:

• Haha
Reactions: niuus

BrothersFiveGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, there is an option under the layout editor to change the placement and scale of your buttons on the screen. Moving the buttons is easy and works brilliantly, but I'm not seeing any option to actually scale the buttons, is this just not implemented yet, or am I missing it?

Also, is there a way to change the color of the C-buttons on screen independently of the images of the C-buttons that appear on the bottom of the screen when you play a song on the ocarina? Seems like the color is linked between them, not the biggest of deals, but it would be nice if I could make their image different in the music since I have them mapped independently to the D-Pad with that option and I'd like to differentiate between the different buttons if possible. Not a big deal obviously, would just be nice.

Finally, I'm trying to build a separate version to read Master Quest from a different location on the Wii U so that I could have both builds at once on my system, and I've changed the file information appropriately to direct to a different location as intended, but I'm having problem compiling because powershell is like refusing to recognize I've installed cmake or something. I have never had luck with compiling, but I really want to make this happen, so if anyone can help me in some regard here, I'd really appreciate it.
@MikaDubbz Just happened to look at the latest nightly builds today (haven't updated from a 4.0.1 nightly yet) and I'm not completely sure but think this might be the feature you've been looking for for MQ.

https://builds.shipofharkinian.com/job/SoH_Multibranch/job/develop/115/

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MikaDubbz Just happened to look at the latest nightly builds today (haven't updated from a 4.0.1 nightly yet) and I'm not completely sure but think this might be the feature you've been looking for for MQ.

https://builds.shipofharkinian.com/job/SoH_Multibranch/job/develop/115/
Yes they've been working on dual OTR, seems that it works in the nightly builds, but I've found that Wii U builds under the develop directory (Where the dual OTR stuff appears to be currently implemented) don't seem to run on the Wii U in my many attempts to get it to run on my system. It's the builds in the other, develop-zhora directory that will run on the Wii U, which is probably why @GaryOderNichts has only been posting those builds here. It seems to me that it's a feature that they're still working on, and will eventually function in the console builds, but not yet at this time. Though perhaps I have some of that wrong, I can't say for sure.

BrothersFiveGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes they've been working on dual OTR, seems that it works in the nightly builds, but I've found that Wii U builds under the develop directory (Where the dual OTR stuff appears to be currently implemented) don't seem to run on the Wii U in my many attempts to get it to run on my system. It's the builds in the other, develop-zhora directory that will run on the Wii U, which is probably why @GaryOderNichts has only been posting those builds here. It seems to me that it's a feature that they're still working on, and will eventually function in the console builds, but not yet at this time. Though perhaps I have some of that wrong, I can't say for sure.
That's a bummer. Hopefully it gets added to the Zhora (or future 5.0 name) build somewhere along the line. Haven't attempted the builds in the non Zhora branch since Zhora came out, they had worked before that so good to know they do not currently. Saves time attempting them. As great as the Wii U is, rebooting from freezes or crashes is... not the fastest process.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
develop builds are currently crashing on startup until https://github.com/HarbourMasters/Shipwright/pull/1839 gets merged.

Reactions: MikaDubbz

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Any suggestions to make it run @60FPS without lags? i selected Vanilla Plus Preset and 60fps, with internal resolution at 40% and still gets choppy sometimes. Has found a combination that works?

dekgear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Any suggestions to make it run @60FPS without lags? i selected Vanilla Plus Preset and 60fps, with internal resolution at 40% and still gets choppy sometimes. Has found a combination that works?

Try disabling all the No Draw Distance options, as that adds aditional lag, and make sure to update to the lastest versions as they're better optimized.

60 FPS at 66% resolution has been really stable on lastest releases, barring a few areas, and even then it fixes itself most of the time. Gets really choppy with No Draw Distance and similar options enabled though.

Reactions: ArgoRV

BrothersFiveGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try disabling all the No Draw Distance options, as that adds aditional lag, and make sure to update to the lastest versions as they're better optimized.

60 FPS at 66% resolution has been really stable on lastest releases, barring a few areas, and even then it fixes itself most of the time. Gets really choppy with No Draw Distance and similar options enabled though.
This. Only got pretty laggy at, for some reason, the Gerudo fortress, and the final fights against Ganon. Other than that lag was very minimal at 66%, but yeah turning draw distance on made it stutter something rough just walking into the hyrule field.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: hi