Shinobi announced for Nintendo 3DS (new trailer)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SEGA has announced that a new Shinobi game will be coming to the 3DS this year. Developed by Griptonite Games, Shinobi 3DS is a 2.5D platformer (sidescroller with polygonal graphics) with a rather striking art style. Shinobi stars Jiro Musashi, leader of the Oboro clan and father of Joe Musashi, previous Shinobi player character. This new Shinobi will implement a brand new combo system which will require you to alternate between melee, ranged and acrobatic attacks. Jiro also has access to various magic powers during the game. The first gameplay trailer can be seen below, along with the original official PR below that. Though not pushing the 3DS very much graphically, the game has a slick art style to compensate and is action packed. [/p]
[youtube]tFvrzBQjj_I[/youtube]​
QUOTE said:
A SEGA LEGEND RETURNS ON NINTENDO 3DS
Shinobi is Back in Full 3D After Eight Years

LONDON AND SAN FRANCISCO – (May 26, 2011) – SEGA Europe Ltd. and SEGA of America, Inc. today announced Shinobi exclusively for Nintendo 3DS. Developed by Griptonite Games, Shinobi is the long anticipated return of the fan favorite series and includes the classic side-scrolling action gameplay players have loved since the original. Coming to stores in September 2011, Shinobi introduces several exciting new features such as StreetPass and a large assortment of achievements and challenges to unlock.

“For years the fans have been asking for a new Shinobi,” said Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing of SEGA West. “With Shinobi on Nintendo 3DS we are able to answer their prayers and bring this legendary series to the next level.”

Shinobi tells the story of Jiro Musashi, the leader of the Oboro clan and father of Joe Musashi, the hero of the first iterations of Shinobi. Players will become a true ninja legend by mastering a brand new combo system switching between melee, ranged and acrobatic attacks. They will also need to rely on Jiro’s ninja magic to get an advantage over their enemies and get out of tight spots.

Shinobi will be released for Nintendo 3DS in September 2011.
icon11.gif
Source

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
it seems a lot of classic will be revived with the 3ds so we may see many snes titles continuing on the 3ds...
*Gets revelation* chrono..... trigger....
Personally I'd like to see a full 3D remake on the consoles, but that's just my opinion.

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this would have been for nintendo DS, it would have been great!

This game looks so simple for what the 3DS can handle.

dragon574444

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This video is no longer available due to a copyrights claim by SEGA of America.

I remember playing one of the Shinobi games on the Genesis when I was younger, it was on one of those 5-in-1 carts. Really fun, but I never made it too far. Streets of Rage on the other hand...

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The graphics.....I've seen DS games with better graphics than this, I hope they have some explanation into giving a crappy looking game.

ppowerman5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So sad to remember how great the Shinobi games were...I cant believe how sega let the series die so miserably...Revenge of Shinobi and Shinobi 3 on the Genesis was the pinnacle of the series, and it was ages back on the good ol' Genesis....I still have my Revenge and Shinobi3 carts lying around....

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say it's worse than DS, give me a DS game using fully 3D graphics that looks on par or better than this (not an insult, if there exists one, please show me) and i'll concede that you're right. Looks like an early gen PSP game or something. Certainly not up to spec with 3DS hardware, but at least the art style covers up SOME of the ugliness. Still disappointing that some developers always choose the easy way out.

Fixed the video with another one. Hopefully won't be blocked.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
ppowerman5000 said:
So sad to remember how great the Shinobi games were...I cant believe how sega let the series die so miserably...Revenge of Shinobi and Shinobi 3 on the Genesis was the pinnacle of the series, and it was ages back on the good ol' Genesis....I still have my Revenge and Shinobi3 carts lying around....
While I did grow up with Revenge, Shinobi 3's better in my opinion. The movement of Revenge were just terrible, made it a lot harder that I was expecting as a kid, but 3 was more fluid and controllable (and just downright cool).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol