Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux launch trailer

Atlus has released a launch day trailer to celebrate the release of Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux. This is a port of a game that initially released in 2009 for the Nintendo DS, which adds bonus content, additional endings, updated graphics, and some new dungeons to explore. Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux is available right now both physically and digitally for the Nintendo 3DS.

A mysterious void appears in the Antarctic, consuming everything in its path and it’s up to you and an elite crew of soldiers and scientists to investigate. With the fate of humanity in your hands, it’s time to put on your Demonica suit and get ready to embark, as Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux is now available for the Nintendo 3DS! Redux introduces multiple new endings; what choices will you make?

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I almost forgot about it!
BTW this trailer is for the American release. All citizens of Europe can expect this in 3 days.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking forward to this game for so long and to be honest, my fire burned out. The lack of english dub makes this release more uninteresting. That delay was too long. Not sure if I want to pick it up.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question for anybody who picks this up. Are there any quality-of-life changes as far as the gameplay itself goes? I played the original DS version, and as much as I wanted to enjoy it, it had just enough little things that bugged me that I never finished it. I absolutely love the Persona games, and I really want to get into the main SMT series. I played Devil Survivior (DS version) and enjoyed it, but the NG+ features wasn't enough to get me to go through an entirely second playthrough. (Which reminds me, I should look at the Overclocked version and see if it's any better)

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already put 36 hours into it. Hurray for dumps 2 weeks before street date.
Quick question for anybody who picks this up. Are there any quality-of-life changes as far as the gameplay itself goes? I played the original DS version, and as much as I wanted to enjoy it, it had just enough little things that bugged me that I never finished it. I absolutely love the Persona games, and I really want to get into the main SMT series. I played Devil Survivior (DS version) and enjoyed it, but the NG+ features wasn't enough to get me to go through an entirely second playthrough. (Which reminds me, I should look at the Overclocked version and see if it's any better)
There are definitely some features that make it easier (or harder, if you wish). If you have problems with core gameplay you're still not going to enjoy it, but if these little things were all that bugged you you should be fine. To be honest, I stopped playing fairly deep into the game, but I think that had less to do with the game itself and more to do with my A.D.D. Also, go play Overclocked. Definitely better (voice acting and all that).
I've been looking forward to this game for so long and to be honest, my fire burned out. The lack of english dub makes this release more uninteresting. That delay was too long. Not sure if I want to pick it up.
That's why you don't "look forward" to games. Just put a notification on your calendar of its release date and forget about it. I love FFVII but haven't paid attention to FFVII:R's development (or lack thereof) and I know if I did I'd get burnt out waiting too. Also, I felt the same away about the lack of a dub but I quickly forgot about it. I'm used to watching subbed anime, though.

Oh, and when you can enter passwords use the password "Stay Faithful." You get access to a level 1 Pixie that costs 16299 but it has Megidolaon and Mediarahan.

Last edited by Pedeadstrian,

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am playing this in casual mode. I am not sure if I have a strength to play this game anymore. I remember I stopped playing this game when a pirate asked the protagonist to find 3 items. I suspended my game for few years and after I resumes my game, I continued to the next dungeon, and I decided I couldn't continue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: