Nintendo Switch port of 'Life is Strange 2' to launch next week

lis2 switch.png

Square Enix announced that Life is Strange 2 is coming to the Nintendo Switch next week. An announcement trailer was aired today:

Life is Strange 2 is a narrative-adventure in which your decisions influence both the game’s story and characters. You play as sixteen-year-old Sean Diaz, a normal kid growing up in the suburbs of Seattle. After your younger brother Daniel’s telekinetic powers are unleashed by a traumatic incident, you are forced to abandon your home and flee from the police. As a big brother, you are solely responsible for not only Daniel’s safety, shelter, and wellbeing – but also how he grows to harness his power as you travel across the USA in an attempt to cross the border into Mexico.

Experience life on the road and the new, interesting, and sometimes dangerous people and situations you encounter when you step off the beaten path.

Join the Diaz brothers for the journey of a lifetime on Nintendo Switch– the choices you make along this trip will define them forever.

Life is Strange 2 will be available for the Nintendo Switch on on February 2. It is available to preorder on the eShop as of today. Be sure to check out our official review of the game ahead of its launch!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow:
Life is Strange 2 Official GBAtemp Review

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
When there where rumors of a Switch Pro a couple of years back I didn't believe them. Now though I think we are not far for a hardware revision. Newer AAA games are getting and insane cost to port to the Switch and being resulting on both release delays, big visual quality loss or simply leaving games to be ported or being streamed instead. Those shared 4GB of RAM are simply too little for the present day, if Nintendo doesn't act up, it's going to lose a lot of 3rd party games.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
When there where rumors of a Switch Pro a couple of years back I didn't believe them. Now though I think we are not far for a hardware revision. Newer AAA games are getting and insane cost to port to the Switch and being resulting on both release delays, big visual quality loss or simply leaving games to be ported or being streamed instead. Those shared 4GB of RAM are simply too little for the present day, if Nintendo doesn't act up, it's going to lose a lot of 3rd party games.
This is common sense. Why repeat it so many times?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the Switch Pro talk can burn into hell. Sounds rude, but we'll see IF the real thing is coming. From an OFFICIAL announcement from Nintendo.
Kthxbye

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
This is common sense. Why repeat it so many times?
Where did I repeat myself or where was this talked recently here?

I hope the Switch Pro talk can burn into hell. Sounds rude, but we'll see IF the real thing is coming. From an OFFICIAL announcement from Nintendo.
Kthxbye
And what's the gain in both of you to silence the talks?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im so happy that this game is available for Switch gamers. In my case I already have a self-made physical copy of this game for my Steam Deck. As for the Switch Pro BS. Let it die in a freaking fire! I don't give two spits about a Switch Pro and quite frankly we don't need one! I want more creative, experimental games for the Switch that work WITHIN the limitations of the console!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
speaking of the switch pro even if they do do it they will find a way to fucking ruin it with gimmicks just like they did with the switch by making it a tablet :lol:

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch can barely run games that look like they were made for mobile (pokemon scarlet/violet) let alone AAA games

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
The switch can barely run games that look like they were made for mobile (pokemon scarlet/violet) let alone triple AAA games
There are some impressive ports like The Witcher 3 or Doom Ethernal but they are an engineering work of art. The Swicth could have many more AAA games right now, even if cutting down on visual candy just by having more RAM.

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some impressive ports like The Witcher 3 or Doom Ethernal but they are an engineering work of art. The Swicth could have many more AAA games right now, even if cutting down on visual candy just by having more RAM.
24-30 fps at 540p sounds like a painful way to play a game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over