Nintendo Switch port of 'Life is Strange 2' to launch next week

lis2 switch.png

Square Enix announced that Life is Strange 2 is coming to the Nintendo Switch next week. An announcement trailer was aired today:

Life is Strange 2 is a narrative-adventure in which your decisions influence both the game’s story and characters. You play as sixteen-year-old Sean Diaz, a normal kid growing up in the suburbs of Seattle. After your younger brother Daniel’s telekinetic powers are unleashed by a traumatic incident, you are forced to abandon your home and flee from the police. As a big brother, you are solely responsible for not only Daniel’s safety, shelter, and wellbeing – but also how he grows to harness his power as you travel across the USA in an attempt to cross the border into Mexico.

Experience life on the road and the new, interesting, and sometimes dangerous people and situations you encounter when you step off the beaten path.

Join the Diaz brothers for the journey of a lifetime on Nintendo Switch– the choices you make along this trip will define them forever.

Life is Strange 2 will be available for the Nintendo Switch on on February 2. It is available to preorder on the eShop as of today. Be sure to check out our official review of the game ahead of its launch!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow:
Life is Strange 2 Official GBAtemp Review

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When there where rumors of a Switch Pro a couple of years back I didn't believe them. Now though I think we are not far for a hardware revision. Newer AAA games are getting and insane cost to port to the Switch and being resulting on both release delays, big visual quality loss or simply leaving games to be ported or being streamed instead. Those shared 4GB of RAM are simply too little for the present day, if Nintendo doesn't act up, it's going to lose a lot of 3rd party games.
I mean a lot of that is just due to devs not caring as much about optimization as much as they used to. I mean look at Alan Wake on Switch. It was a game released in 2005 and could barely even function on the Switch.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently the "Pro" was cancelled, which is not hard to believe. I doubt Nintendo at this point, wants to release stronger hardware, only to be hold back anyway. I don't have to play games at "burn the house down" settings, but it has been 6 years. It is time to move on.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I mean a lot of that is just due to devs not caring as much about optimization as much as they used to. I mean look at Alan Wake on Switch. It was a game released in 2005 and could barely even function on the Switch.
I heard that game barely funtions on Xbox as well.
And yeah you're absolutely right. Remember who were the ones complaining the most about how underpowered the Ps4 and Xbox one were? Ubisoft and they were notorious for not optimizing not even the PC versions of some of the games they released on that era. No Ubi, maybe it wasn't the specs of those consoles that were making every single npc faces to melt away.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that game barely funtions on Xbox as well.
And yeah you're absolutely right. Remember who were the ones complaining the most about how underpowered the Ps4 and Xbox one were? Ubisoft and they were notorious for not optimizing not even the PC versions of some of the games they released on that era. No Ubi, maybe it wasn't the specs of those consoles that were making every single npc faces to melt away.
Alan Wake on 360 was at least playable. On Switch the game literally didn't function at all. Like there were missing textures in the backgrounds and mountains just not loading in at all.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Alan Wake on 360 was at least playable. On Switch the game literally didn't function at all. Like there were missing textures in the backgrounds and mountains just not loading in at all.
No. i heard it was barely funtional on one of the Xbox Series. might have been S. devs are getting really picky about optimizing for that console.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. i heard it was barely funtional on one of the Xbox Series. might have been S. devs are getting really picky about optimizing for that console.
Well yeah that was my point. The "remaster" was extrememly poorly optimized. And it didn't even change the game that much.

Korados

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How so? Just curious as i loved it.
Oh boy, I wouldn't know where to start. I guess you could watch "Everything wrong with Life Is Strange 2" on Youtube. I agree with this video completely. But I guess that's just the tip of the iceberg. It's not only the presentation but also the gameplay. The mechanics that raise Daniel are so wonky because at the end, only the Morality value matters for the ending. And then Sean doesn't have the power. You are practically just watching the gameplay. It felt like Daniel is the main character.

trepp0

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh boy, I wouldn't know where to start. I guess you could watch "Everything wrong with Life Is Strange 2" on Youtube. I agree with this video completely. But I guess that's just the tip of the iceberg. It's not only the presentation but also the gameplay. The mechanics that raise Daniel are so wonky because at the end, only the Morality value matters for the ending. And then Sean doesn't have the power. You are practically just watching the gameplay. It felt like Daniel is the main character.
Yah, i like games like that tho. Sometimes it is nice to just play a choose your own path movie.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a thing there