Set pronouns on GBAtemp profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nobody knows what kind of pronouns you have, whether you are female, male, non-binary, etc., and most people tend to call you whatever your gender is on your profile.

It would be nice if there was an option to display your preferred pronouns.

pls no political debates

Deleted member 672055

Trophies
XP
But... Everyone has pronouns, even you. :rolleyes: :rofl2:
the problem with pronouns is that in several languages (including English) they're completely fucking useless in direct conversation, and rarely ever you have a situation where you talk about person X to someone else in such frequency you need a pronoun instead of their nickname - the whole debacle makes no sense and exists only to piss off people + to make trans people look like special need children

• Sad
Reactions: SylverReZ and Jayro

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
the problem with pronouns is that in several languages (including English) they're completely fucking useless in direct conversation, and rarely ever you have a situation where you talk about person X to someone else in such frequency you need a pronoun instead of their nickname - the whole debacle makes no sense and exists only to piss off people + to make trans people look like special need children
you have a point but did you have to be transphobic *and* ableist in the same damned sentence?

• Haha
Reactions: HalfScoper

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Besides. Not everyone wants to be anon.
If this was an all-anon site, it'd be 4chan, not gbatemp.

View attachment 395743>be me
>go to gaming forum
>people complain about pronouns
>make somewhat hyperbole greentext to mock another site
>rofl.png
That just another extreme. And cancer. Let's be moderate, it's a decent place in between.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
But... Everyone has pronouns, even you. :rolleyes: :rofl2:
But pronouns are used when you're talking to another person about someone, usually the person in question isn't even there so what's the point in having a preferred pronoun.
Also I don't care about it, so what does it matter that I have the usual ones?
Nowadays people are too concerned about what others do instead of just doing their thing

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
as per @Flame's suggestion, this will be implemented as an optional feature accessible to premium tiers
the premium subscription will cost only $99 a month so that you/it/her/she/them can enjoy unlimited customizable pronouns across the ENTIRE site!

Oh, that flame HE is so kind

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But pronouns are used when you're talking to another person about someone, usually the person in question isn't even there so what's the point in having a preferred pronoun.
Also I don't care about it, so what does it matter that I have the usual ones?
Nowadays people are too concerned about what others do instead of just doing their thing
I can bet those pronouns are really used when the people that adopt them aren't really there.
I'd think the name is a better identifier than a pronoun.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You can probably just use a “Custom title” for now. That will display just under your username.

Oh, yes. Let's do that. :evil:

My 2cents: If I want to talk about how dumb or overly sensitive @Flame is, I'll just tag them. If gender is just a social construct, people stop taking it so seriously instead of doubling down. If people want to play with each other, they will. If they don't, they won't. We've all seen the "invitation". At the end of the day, it's just text on the wall, and the stuff that matters should be self-representing. If you come to to the internet to feel a sense of validation, you are going to be scammed.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as per @Flame's suggestion, this will be implemented as an optional feature accessible to premium tiers
the premium subscription will cost only $99 a month so that you/it/her/she/them can enjoy unlimited customizable pronouns across the ENTIRE site!
Good. People will refer to me as God or King. 😤

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/dCvPALlXf6k?si=79a51f2Fxz9buHTX