Set pronouns on GBAtemp profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nobody knows what kind of pronouns you have, whether you are female, male, non-binary, etc., and most people tend to call you whatever your gender is on your profile.

It would be nice if there was an option to display your preferred pronouns.

pls no political debates

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Or not, remember the good old days of the internet when people were anonymous? You wouldn't even know if there was a girl on the internet. I feel them pointless really since pronouns are used when talking to someone about another one so it's not used face to face with the person that wants them. Also usually in this forum we just refer to the user directly so there doesn't seem to be a need. It would also create discord because not everyone wants this pronoun thing in their face all the time so there would be some pretty intense debate (not everyone can be open minded), that's my opinion

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see why not, account detail options has an entry for gender, I would guess that including pronouns could work alongside of it.

Screenshot_20230914_163624.jpg

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I feel like the best way to have this work would be to have it display next to the username, or right below it (and above the member status, like "Well-Known Member") in the case of longer usernames or smaller screen sizes.
Post automatically merged:

I don't see why not, account detail options has an entry for gender, I would guess that including pronouns could work alongside of it.

View attachment 393955
Yeah, though the best way would be to be able to type in custom pronouns. e.g. [blank]/[blank]s/[blank]self or something? If not just a block of text where you can put Anything like on discord.

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nobody knows what kind of pronouns you have, whether you are female, male, non-binary, etc., and most people tend to call you whatever your gender is on your profile.

pls no political debates
They/Them :3

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Definitely/Not

Seriously, why does it matter so much to those kind of people, they really lacked that much attention as a child?
The world did not end when there wasn't this nonsense of needing to tell everyone what you feel like.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You can probably just use a “Custom title” for now. That will display just under your username.
This is probably the best idea for that purpose, honestly.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Honestly if a pronoun section WAS added, I feel like it'd probably just function like either another custom message or special banner like the "GBAtemp Patron" one that Vins here has.
Post automatically merged:

Hell, why not just improve the custom message thing by allowing some HTML styling on it and let it have 2 more lines?

Reactions: SylverReZ

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is exactly what custom title is for - which is displayed front and centre on messages and within profiles. If you wish to display your pronoun then by all means you can set it there. I don't think we need another profile field for this. We've existed 20 years without it just fine so far. :)

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Can't we all by just anons like good old days before social networks with no real names whatsoever? I'm so missing to talk to a person and not a gender.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Can't we all by just anons like good old days before social networks with no real names whatsoever? I'm so missing to talk to a person and not a gender.
Besides. Not everyone wants to be anon.
If this was an all-anon site, it'd be 4chan, not gbatemp.

cadman.jpg
>be me
>go to gaming forum
>people complain about pronouns
>make somewhat hyperbole greentext to mock another site
>rofl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1