Hacking Sending my 3ds to Nintendo before warranty expires

rb24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it true that Nintendo actually replaces the entire unit? I'm worried that Nintendo would know that I use a flashcart. Would you suggest me to buy one if I plan to send it to Nintendo?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest taking the flashcart out of the 3DS before sending it in.

They'll service you anyway.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't unauthorized 3rd party hardware use void warranty? Although they can't really prove it though (if other flashcarts work like dstwo and show up as some random nds game in logs).

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought we established that if they refused service cause someone used a flash device such as a DSTWO etc. Nintendo wouldnt do stuff. Just so you know this wasnt officially established, just after alot of theory work.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Tape a note to the 3DS saying you bought it used and don't know if the previous owner used a flashcart, see. That ought to deter any suspicion, see! Yeah, they can't do nothing, see. Or just send it in like everyone else and stop worrying over nothing.

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They pretty much dont really care if you use a flashcart or not in terms of repair.
One because if was damaged because of flashcart use then you have voided your warranty but they do make a profit cause you pay them to fix it.

Two because its not really known if nintendo has a super secret way of testing to see if you use a flashcart or not and from what we DO know with the activity log logging played games they cant void your warranty (if sent for legitimate reasons not cause specifically by the flashcart they can come up with a BS excuse however as to why the flashcart cause the problems if there is proof you used one which i will explain in my next point) because all they have is circumstantial evidence. ie Yes a well known header for flashcart is alex rider and it may look suspicious if you have over 1000 hours logged in it but they cant prove that you DIDNT play it for over 1000 hours no matter how weird it looks unless the amount of hours exceeds the time the game has been released but that doesnt really matter does it if you think about it.

And third. A user by the name of 8bitwaluigi sent his DSi for repairs with his flashcart IN the damn DS. All they did was send him a letter stating they WOULD fix the DSi and the problem came from a "electrical problem" from the use of the flashcard. They did however also state they would destroy his flashcard and his SD card. However since the SD card is not illegal they agreed to send it back to him formatted. They also didnt format it correct and he was able to pull up all the data from the SD card that they were supposed to delete and he just bought a new flashcard. Case closed.

Enough proof that its alright using a flashcart?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o