Hardware Sending a CFW 2DS to Nintendo for repair

Guy123_g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My New 2DS Xl is broken and will not turn on. If I press the power button it will light up followed by a popping sound and it shutting off. I’ve thought of sending it to Nintendo for repair but it’s modded and I can’t turn it on to remove CFW. If I send it without it’s SD Card can they still tell it’s been modded?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That sounds like a simple problem with cfw. is there a boot.firm file on the root of the sd card? if not then put the luma3ds boot.firm file there.
the pop noise is pretty iconic of a ribbon cable being loose. Could be a easy reseat. but thats only if OP is comfy with opening the 3ds up.

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've even send a self-bricked A9LH New 3DS to Nintendo and they repaired it for free. So yea, I think you'll be fine.

Guy123_g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the pop noise is pretty iconic of a ribbon cable being loose. Could be a easy reseat. but thats only if OP is comfy with opening the 3ds up.
Here’s the thing… the ribbon cable connector is broken clean off which means the cable can’t be clamped onto the sensor. Will Nintendo even fix that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill