ROM Hack Send PKM files to retail games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i was wanting to do a fancub event for another site im on so i was wanting to know if this will work

or if there are anyother ways to do it? without having to clone and trade

lolorlofl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've noticed when I activate DMZ mode on my router, I am able to to do this trick to anyone, anywhere. When it is disabled, I get the IP address of my PC on the local network, when I have it enabled, I get a "real" IP address (69.76.xxx.xxx blah blah).

smashbro619

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi. i have a little technical problem with connecting to SendPKM.
it sometimes connects and i can get, like 3 or maybe 4 pokemon with SendPKM, but then it stops connecting with the following message:

An Error occurred while attempting
to communicate.
Please turn off the power, restart
this DS system, and try again.

If this message keeps appearing,
please contact Nintendo
Consumer Service.

if anyone knows how to fix this error, please pm me.
i really want to fix this error.

uchiha_951

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I turned off my firewall, uninstalled mcafee (the only anti-virus i have), forwarded the ports. I used my IPv4 as my DNS and tried it out. I have Python and everything. After a while it says that it is unable to connect it to the GTS and is going to return to the reception. No error codes or anything. I tried using GTS-Nuker and at the point it got to sending data to this adress: gamestats2.gs.nintendowifi.net, a green text came up sayin spoofing data and then the message came up on my DS saying that it couldn't connect to the GTS. Any help guys?

xElite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sendpkm.py has worked before, but it stopped working. I do not get any sort of error at all, though. It just tells me that it cannot connect to the GTS. I have the proper DNS and whatnot, and I've done all of the troubleshooting steps, but that doesn't seem to help. Um. . . help?

xElite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which part of the Control Panel do you want to see? I have Windows 7, if that matters. The front page just saws Firewall is on (I turn it off when I attempt to use sendpkm.py, even though it used to work with it on).

Pingouin7 said:
Stop struggling and use this.
That looks much more efficient, but my Port 80 is being used up by I don't know what (yes, I have successfully told sendpkm.py to use some other port, that's not the problem). Any way I can figure out what's using up my port 80?

xElite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing some research, I know exactly what is clogging up Port 80. This might be valuable to other people. As default, Windows 7 has World Wide Web Publishing Services running. This uses Port 80. To close it down, you go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services, then scroll down to World Wide Web Publishing Services. Hit the "stop" button. That should open up Port 80.

I don't know if this was anywhere in the thread, but I skimmed through some of it (who wants to read all 35 pages when you weren't there when they were posted?), and didn't see it. I also went to my router settings (http://192.168.1.1/ for me), and forwarded Ports 80 and 53 to my internal IP Address (what DNS the program gives you).

I hope this helps someone.
happy.gif

SabreX9

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,i have a problem with this
i just downloaded a crown even dogs set from the site you listed in the first post.
so i went to the GTS-i made sure that the file was a 236 kb file aswell-so i go to the desk (This is on soul silver by the way) connect,but at the start ofconnecting i have 3 green bars,
then around 15-20 seconds later the connection goes completley.
Any help on this problem?
(and if this is relavent info at all,im using the UK PAL version of soul silver that i bought from the store)

EDIT:Im using windows 7 32-bit aswell

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
i downloaded python 2.6 and downloaded the zip file
i downloaded goon scizor pkm files
i drag it on to sendpkm.py but the file keeps moving
so i double click on sendpkm.py and it says
QUOTE said:
No arguments given, please enter path to .pkm or .bin file :
so i drag the .pkm file on it then it says the director of the pkm file under that line
so i press enter and i see a line being writing on the cmd but it vanishes quickly before i can read it
so i read the troubleshooting guide on the first page and it said to open cmd
and type CD Desktop and the sendpkm.py {pokemon}.pkm so i typed this
sendpkm.py [Goon]Scizor.pkm
and then it shows on cmd
ohmelf.png
wat do i do

i will come online later im going to study for my french and geography exam
dry.gif

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
yea i tried those nothing worked

i think u should update the troubleshooting post that if python 2.6 doesn't work try python 2.6.5
that's what helped me

jsokol7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian, PLEASE HELP. As other people have had, i got the message "please put 127.0.0.1 into your DNS address..." and then the DS tells you it isn't valid. I did the ipconfig and put the default gateway into the DNS address as you said to (192.168.2.1) and it lets me connect to the GTS using that, but no pokemon/pokeball from the sky appears. I've tried turning off my firewall (which temporarily bricked my computer, lol) and other things that people who had the same problem tried. Nothing has worked.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium Edition 32-bit. I have a belkin router, but I'm not sure what the exact model is (but if you need it I can find out). I don't have skype or steam, but I don't know how to see if other programs/utilities are using the same port. Please work with me here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...