Hacking [Semi-working] NFS2ISO2NFS - convert nfs to iso and back

D

Deleted User

why has nobody listened to me? *sighs* I have already stated that wiivc stops ios reloads, thats why stuff like homebrew installer doesn't work. Its because the fw.img or something within the wiivc environment is preventing iosreloads. And thats the reason the hackmii installer fails, its not that it cannot find a vaild ios. Its because it will fail to reload TO that ios

Last edited by ,
Reactions: KiiWii

SupremeDevice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you test that?
Messed with VC titles in brawl some more. Each of them is in a different partition and has a different game ID. First time I tried, it just crashed, but I tried with Super Mario Bros. and it reset the console back to Wii U mode.

EDIT:
why has nobody listened to me? *sighs* I have already stated that wiivc stops ios reloads, thats why stuff like homebrew installer doesn't work. Its because the fw.img or something within the wiivc environment is preventing iosreloads. (...)
Yes, I know you have been stating that, I'm just pointing out that it not only refuses to reload IOSs, but that it will also reset the console to avoid doing so, at least in brawl's case.

Last edited by SupremeDevice,
D

Deleted User

Messed with VC titles in brawl some more. Each of them is in a different partition and has a different game ID. First time I tried, it just crashed, but I tried with Super Mario Bros. and it reset the console back to Wii U mode.

EDIT:

Yes, I know you have been stating that, I'm just pointing out that it not only refuses to reload IOSs, but that it will also reset the console to avoid doing so, at least in brawl's case.
false, I believe its more of a limitation of how the wii vc was made. The fw.img probably has no programing for when something tries to load something from another partion. aka the demos. Because If I'm correct. The fw.img will only utilize the first partion of the game. Which why the update data has to be removed (because its the first partion of a wii disc) . brawl has several partions. Stuff for the main game is in one. While each demo is in its own partion

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Pachee

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It might very well be possible there are multiple IOS 255, each one based on the the IOS that game its using. So if Xenoblade uses IOS number X we get an IOS 255 based IOS X, if Galaxy uses IOS Y we get an IOS 255 based on IOS Y.
Is there an IOS database somewhere? If there's a game using IOS 58, a recompiled Nintendont (forcing IOS 255) might work with it.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

crowfeathers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, WiiVC really doesn't want you to reload the IOS's. It appears trying to switch to a different title will just kick you straight to the wii u menu. I assume this was done for the Wii Menu option in the home menu, but idk.

someone did mention he got not64 open by replacing dol files in mortal kombat armageddon so not all title changes are blocked, i guess

D

Deleted User

It might very well be possible there are multiple IOS 255, each one based on the the IOS that game its using. So if Xenoblade uses IOS number X we get an IOS 255 based IOS X, if Galaxy uses IOS Y we get an IOS 255 based on IOS Y.
Is there an IOS database somewhere? If there's a game using IOS 58, a recompiled Nintendont (forcing IOS 255) might work with it.
does anyone even know what ios 255 is? I heard it before just need someone to remind me what it was

crowfeathers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone even know what ios 255 is? I heard it before just need someone to remind me what it was

the wii VC titles run on IOS255, which appears to include additional functions related to the gamepad mapping. what isn't clear is if ios255 is the same for every vc game, or if it's a patched version of whatever ios the games originally ran on (i think the latter, since it would explain why xenoblade, as the latest game available, has better compatibility)

D

Deleted User

the wii VC titles run on IOS255, which appears to include additional functions related to the gamepad mapping. what isn't clear is if ios255 is the same for every vc game, or if it's a patched version of whatever ios the games originally ran on (i think the latter, since it would explain why xenoblade, as the latest game available, has better compatibility)
no. I believe thats wrong and here is why. The ios HAS nothing as to my knowledge to do with wiiu gamepad emulation. all the emulation is taken cared by the fw.img. But there is more. If it where to be true this ios 255 patches other ioses. It simply would not work. Because that would mean Nintendo would of also blocked code execution by using a newer or more updated ios. Which as already discovered they are not blocking code execution. And not only that, but this ios255 doesn't stop code exuction. But the fw.img does change something possibly... I was testing a program for something. Using the non emulated gamepad the code for this program ran just fine. However... Using the emulated gamepad caused the program to freeze (this program was intended to dectect wiiu gampad inputs emulated as a cc). HOWEVER, it didn't stop the program from executing nor did it stop the hackmii installer from running. (ios reload block) Plus I think what we should do is identify IF there is a ios change first! before claiming it runs ios 255. Because as far as I know there isn't any proof that the gamepad mode uses it what so ever. Nobody has tested if the ios being used is 255. So I perpose this. We first need to identify the currently running ios. then use normal vwii mode without gamepad and see if that changes what so ever. Because only now, we got actually wiivc to test homebrew. So nobody could confirm (or deny) that ios 255 was used in the first place.

Last edited by ,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I wonder if injections are visible for people in Wara Wara plaza, getting a little nervous about Nintendo spoting me with a bunch of Wii VC unreleased games lol.

Last edited by cucholix,
Reactions: zeldaism

crowfeathers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of your questions should be answered by my blogpost: http://vo.hurrdurr.cz/2016/12/27/regarding-wii-vc-osv1-hai-etc/ but still:

It reads data coming from the GamePad over a special I2C bus.

Yes, I did. We are missing some initialization steps though, which I wasn't able to RE. Basically it should be possible to access the GamePad through regular vWii mode, but I have no idea how to restart the GamePad to the proper mode.

I'm still just curious how you got it to emulate other controllers beside the CCP -- that'd make some wiimote-only games playable, since there ARE some which don't use motion controls.

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first attempt, failed.
Wupinstaller gx2 told gave me error message.
Base was rhythm something and game was sports resort

Tock46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If WupInstaller can't install it then you packed the game without the Wii U common key with Nuspacker.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No idea how to make it not use admin privileges^^. Here have fun compiling it yourself if you want to :P

Code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main()
{

unsigned char length1; // Length of section 1 bytse //
    unsigned char length2; // Length of section 2 bytse //
    unsigned char length3; // Length of section 3 bytse //
    unsigned char length4; // Length of section 4 bytse //
    unsigned char length5; // Length of section 5 bytse //
    unsigned char length6; // Length of section 6 bytse //
    unsigned char length7; // Length of section 7 bytse //
    unsigned char length8; // Length of section 8 bytse //
    unsigned int Filelength; // Length of the file to be loaded o really? //
    unsigned int counter;

FILE *oldSavegame;
    FILE *Content;

length1 = 0x00;
    length2 = 0x00;
    length3 = 0x00;
    length4 = 0x00;
    length5 = 0x00;
    length6 = 0x00;
    length7 = 0x00;
    length8 = 0x00;
    counter = 0x00;

oldSavegame=fopen("fw.img","rb");
    Content=fopen("newfw.img","wb");

fseek(oldSavegame,0,SEEK_END);

Filelength = ftell(oldSavegame);

fseek(oldSavegame,0,SEEK_SET);

while (ftell(oldSavegame) != Filelength)
    {
    fread (&length1,1,1,oldSavegame);

if (length8 == 0xD0 && length7 == 0x01 && length6 == 0x20 && length5 == 0x00 && length4 == 0xE0 && length3 == 0x00 && length2 == 0x20 && length1 == 0x07)
    {
        length1 = 0x00;
        counter++;
    }
    length8 = length7;
    length7 = length6;
    length6 = length5;
    length5 = length4;
    length4 = length3;
    length3 = length2;
    length2 = length1;

fwrite (&length1,1,1,Content);

}

if (counter > 1)
    {
        printf("found more than one location. Maybe it won't work. Tell Tock about the game.\nPress enter to exit.");
        getchar();
    }

return 0;
}
Thanks for sharing the source code! Not everyone uses Windows, you know...
I have attached a build for GNU/Linux (64-bit - on a 32 bit system or a Mac just run "gcc source.c"). No root privileges required :lol:
If fw.img is not in the same folder it just crashes, though.

Anyway, I assume we can use your code as long as we credit you?

Attachments

• fwpatcher-gnulinux64.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 139

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post tbh