Hacking [Semi-working] NFS2ISO2NFS - convert nfs to iso and back

JaGoTu10

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
betawiki.net
XP
Country
Some of your questions should be answered by my blogpost: http://vztekoverflow.com/2016/12/27/regarding-wii-vc-osv1-hai-etc/ but still:

What communication mechanism is this not-IOS (HAIOS?) using for reading GamePad buttons?

It reads data coming from the GamePad over a special I2C bus.

Did anyone try to abuse the same thing under the good old AHBPROT-disabled vWii mode, or even just regular vWii mode?

Yes, I did. We are missing some initialization steps though, which I wasn't able to RE. Basically it should be possible to access the GamePad through regular vWii mode, but I have no idea how to restart the GamePad to the proper mode.

Last edited by JaGoTu10,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Is anyone else having trouble packing the files to NUS I cannot get an output myself, it just runs through quickly for me? Is there an easy way of doing it.

Edit: ok I have sorted it. I didn't know you needed the latest version of NUSPacker :)

Last edited by Reecey,

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
i have tried to install mkwii over paper mario, it says gamepad compatibility message, it shows boot image, loads Gamepad's Wii screen but hangs on in the black screnn. How can i solve it? i think @cucholix had the same problema, how did you solve it?
Also i think i used a patched fw.img with normal iso, i will try to replace it with original with ftp

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
i have tried to install mkwii over paper mario, it says gamepad compatibility message, it shows boot image, loads Gamepad's Wii screen but hangs on in the black screnn. How can i solve it? i think @cucholix had the same problema, how did you solve it?
Also i think i used a patched fw.img with normal iso, i will try to replace it with original with ftp
The problem I had was that I used a different htk.bin to generate the nfs files with nfs2iso2nfs (nfs2iso2nfs ask for htk.bin), now I use the same htk.bin as the base.

D

Deleted User

wbfs to iso? Did you use patched fw.img or a standart one?

Patched fw image. And I had to do some conversions. As the iso hack was a .ciso. So I used wii backup manager to convert it as a .iso. I think its your gamedump. If possible test that iso with dolphin

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you know what... Let me make a video....

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Soo, I don't have my Wii U with me so I can't test stuff. If there's anybody who can run a DOL (shouldn't require any special priviledges, I hope, so should be runnable from a game exploit) and is willing to try a modified fw.img, PM me.
Hi mate, I'll do it :) what do you need me to do ?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Trying to catch up with the info :lol: it's possible generate trimmed nfs? I mean instead of output 17 nfs files only generate 3, for smaller games?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
random thoughts :

can't you reload to IOS255 when already in vWii and set the same patches and memory so it enables the gamepad?
or you need to launch vWii in a certain way from WiiU mode to keep hardware communication with WiiU devices?

Nintendont doesn't really need IOS58, it needs USB2.0 from it. maybe USB2.0 is present in IOS255 ? (if they planned games using USB2.0 launched as VC Wii, or even if they used their latest IOS as base for 255)
Nintendont does a check to be sure the user is using IOS58 before loading the ehci module.
Nintendont would not work "as is" as it expect IOS58 to be in memory, you'll have to recompile nintendont to expect 255 instead.
there are probably some patches which would require rewriting to work with 255 (if it's even possible and it has all needed modules).

edit : in fact, it doesn't only needs USB2.0, as it also required IOS58 specifically to work (even with games on SD). I guess Crediar used IOS58 for a reason, and a specific version of IOS58 only (old ones had problems). It doesn't mean 255 doesn't have all needed modules.

Could this leads to a WiiU homebrew Wii game launcher?
put many nfs files in a folder, then use the same VC host to launch the game and use path redirection to launch desired wii game's NFS, like Loadiine or emuliine (never released)?
emuliine listed ROMs, and was launching a corresponding WiiU VC game (snes VC, DS VC, etc.) using loadiine, with dynamic path rewrited to specified rom stored on SD. Host+ROM redirection.
it was never released because it required a VC as host, which was illegal to share (but users could have found all the needed files themselves, it was only a Proof of concept among devs).
Would it work launching a Wii VC from loadiine? I don't remember if we ever tried that. at least, just to launch the installed channel, to see if we can boot an installed title from homebrew.

that's just random thoughts, probably not possible, or just to give ideas to capable developers ;)

Last edited by Cyan,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
random thoughts :

can't you reload to IOS255 when already in vWii and set the same patches and memory so it enables the gamepad?
or you need to launch vWii in a certain way from WiiU mode to keep hardware communication with WiiU devices?

Nintendont doesn't really need IOS58, it needs USB2.0 from it. maybe USB2.0 is present in IOS255 ? (if they planned games using USB2.0 launched as VC Wii, or even if they used their latest IOS as base for 255)
Nintendont does a check to be sure the user is using IOS58 before loading the ehci module.
Nintendont would not work "as is" as it expect IOS58 to be in memory, you'll have to recompile nintendont to expect 255 instead.
there are probably some patches which would require rewriting to work with 255 (if it's even possible and it has all needed modules).

edit : in fact, it doesn't only needs USB2.0, as it also required IOS58 specifically to work (even with games on SD). I guess Crediar used IOS58 for a reason, and a specific version of IOS58 only (old ones had problems). It doesn't mean 255 doesn't have all needed modules.

Could this leads to a WiiU homebrew Wii game launcher?
put many nfs files in a folder, then use the same VC host to launch the game and use path redirection to launch desired wii game's NFS, like Loadiine or emuliine (never released)?
emuliine listed ROMs, and was launching a corresponding WiiU VC game (snes VC, DS VC, etc.) using loadiine, with dynamic path rewrited to specified rom stored on SD. Host+ROM redirection.
it was never released because it required a VC as host, which was illegal to share (but users could have found all the needed files themselves, it was only a Proof of concept among devs).
Would it work launching a Wii VC from loadiine? I don't remember if we ever tried that. at least, just to launch the installed channel, to see if we can boot an installed title from homebrew.

that's just random thoughts, probably not possible, or just to give ideas to capable developers ;)
I really hope some of this can be implemented. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night