Hacking [Semi-working] NFS2ISO2NFS - convert nfs to iso and back

D

Deleted User

I just noticed that patching fw.img is the easy part.
The additional problem is that it has a companion tmd to validate it so it won't match after the patch, therefore vWii won't load it.
We'd need to patch whatever loads it in vWii first.
and thats going to be quite difficult isn't. Also I just injected smash bros into galaxy. And even with the difference in what is dual layer. It still worked. So it does seem like it doesn't 100% matter for what game it is except...well... custom isos and what not.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
and thats going to be quite difficult isn't. Also I just injected smash bros into galaxy. And even with the difference in what is dual layer. It still worked. So it does seem like it doesn't 100% matter for what game it is except...well... custom isos and what not.
The weirdest part is that different games have slightly diffrent fw.imgs but all the same tmd.
Some sequences of 16 bytes of the tmd are different, every 1024 and then 64512 bytes, following this pattern the whole file.
I don't know what the hell is going on there, I was thinking these parts were being encrypted by the key in htk.bin (the only unique file in the VC code folder) but apparently people are using the fw.img from other games and it still works?

D

Deleted User

The weirdest part is that different games have slightly diffrent fw.imgs but all the same tmd.
Some sequences of 16 bytes of the tmd are different, every 1024 and then 64512 bytes, following this pattern the whole file.
I don't know what the hell is going on there, I was thinking these parts were being encrypted by the key in htk.bin (the only unique file in the VC code folder) but apparently people are using the fw.img from other games and it still works?
then... does it even check it in the first place? Is the check broken possibly?
that is really werid

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

The tmd is definitely checked. If its signature is broken, the vWii reboots the console.
If the tmd is signed but fw.img does not match the hash in the tmd, we get stuck in the black screen.
gotcha. well I have nothing else to say but its really REALLY strange

SupremeDevice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update on Smash Bros. Brawl: it seems like waiting on the SSS for a few seconds will cause the game to hang. Has anyone else messed with brawl yet and could verify if this is an actual issue or a result from a bad rip?

D

Deleted User

But your base game will be overwritten
hang on how are you installing the game? and yes obviously the base will be overwritten. But how I see it is it helps prevent mistakes. I usually would change it later just to make sure I'm not accidentally changing something that somehow breaks the support

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
hang on how are you installing the game? and yes obviously the base will be overwritten. But how I see it is it helps prevent mistakes. I usually would change it later just to make sure I'm not accidentally changing something that somehow breaks the support
I keep all the files from the base game, I edit app.xml (game ID), meta stuff meta.xml (name title), banners, icon.

Reactions: Kamui-ce
D

Deleted User

Update on Smash Bros. Brawl: it seems like waiting on the SSS for a few seconds will cause the game to hang. Has anyone else messed with brawl yet and could verify if this is an actual issue or a result from a bad rip?
btw how long did you wait on the sss screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm on the seefood diet... So far I've gained 30 pounds