Hacking Selling 3ds that used gateway - any tips on wiping for new user?

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a normal 3ds that I was able to use the gateway on. I now bought a 3ds xl so no longer need my old 3ds. I now want to sell my old 3ds. Any issues for the new owner as I'm not including the gateway. Basically can I sell this with the cards and if so, how do I wipe it clean for the new owner? Will the system restore go back to the original FW?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Just do a system restore on your sysnand while not connected to the internet. You should also delete your emunand partition if you're selling it with the SD card.

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one more question - just so I don't mess this up. I've updated my emunand via 2.3b so to return everything to stock and NOT lose 4.X FW, do I simply do the system restore via built in option in the home menu OR do I do this restore via gateway? If someone wouldn't mind walking me through I would appreciate it.

D

Deleted-19228

If you do Emunand system restore remember you will have to use the blue card again as the exploit gets wiped from the SD card/sysnand.

D

Deleted-19228

Re-read OP, doesn't want to sell with the cards but then says he wants to sell with the cards (??)

Looks like he was including the Gateway. Also, why would someone buy a 3DS with a Gateway if they didn't want to use. I was letting him know that if he didn't delete the emunand partition and he planned on giving to someone "working" with Gateway already set up when the user got it, it wouldn't work out of the box.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Re-read OP, doesn't want to sell with the cards but then says he wants to sell with the cards (??)

Looks like he was including the Gateway. Also, why would someone buy a 3DS with a Gateway if they didn't want to use. I was letting him know that if he didn't delete the emunand partition and he planned on giving to someone "working" with Gateway already set up when the user got it, it wouldn't work out of the box.
he probably meant selling the 3ds with the sd card, as he said, he won't sell his gateway with it
and is selling a 3DS with an exploit pre-installed even legal? I think that might be part of the reason, why he wants to wipe it in the first place, so I still think, reinstalling the exploit after wiping the system is redundant
if the new user wants to use it with a flashcard, then he can install the exploit

D

Deleted-19228

People sell Wii's modified all the time on eBay. Exploit modifies something with Profile causing a jmp to executable code on the SD card. Exploit itself would be legal, technically I'm sure the launcher.dat wouldn't be though.

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To clarify - I'm would like to sell the 3ds WITHOUT the gateway (keeping it for my xl) so I would like to restore the system to wipe out the exploit. Knowing this, I simply do a system restore via the 3ds menu not gateway? Kind of confused b/c someone mentioned doing a emunand restore but all I would need to do is format the SD card I provide with the system which should take care of that no?

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To clarify - I'm would like to sell the 3ds WITHOUT the gateway (keeping it for my xl) so I would like to restore the system to wipe out the exploit. Knowing this, I simply do a system restore via the 3ds menu not gateway? Kind of confused b/c someone mentioned doing a emunand restore but all I would need to do is format the SD card I provide with the system which should take care of that no?

yes, if you format the whole sd, not just the visible partition, then your emunand gets deleted, too
and yes, do it in the normal 3ds system settings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries